Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
a few musings on last night... 07:27 - Nov 23 with 1557 viewsCambonbleu

Waghorn - what a header that was. Outstanding control

Sears - Devoid of any confidence, might get a bit more game time to recover it now that McGoldrick is out for a few weeks

Kenlock - difficult for him to just come in from the cold and perform but he hasn't given McCarthy anything to think about now that Knudsen is available again

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

a few musings on last night... on 07:45 - Nov 23 with 1493 viewschristiand

Agree regarding Waghorn's header, you could see how he angled his head he knew what he was doing and executed it perfectly. You're other two points I don't agree with though. Yes Sears had that chance, after the terrific ball from Waghorn, but soon as he pushed it wide on to his left foot it was always going to be tough for him to finish, he is predominantly a right footed player. In terms of confidence, he still took the shot on and worked hard through-out his time on the pitch. Kenlock didn't do anything spectacular but he played solidly and for me I'd much prefer a defender to have consistency - 7 out of 10 week in, week out than someone that plays well one week and then poorly the next. He was never going to be starting against Aston Villa even if he was MoM, so he was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

That's just my opinion Cambonbleu, although it differs to yours it doesn't mean it's right!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 7:51]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

a few musings on last night... on 07:50 - Nov 23 with 1476 viewsBrixtonBlue

Agree with everything you've said there.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

a few musings on last night... on 07:54 - Nov 23 with 1453 viewsJimmyJazz

Other points

Connolly was excellent as a holding midfielder

Chambers looks to be our weak link, which is a bit of a problem as can't see him being dropped

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

a few musings on last night... on 08:26 - Nov 23 with 1385 viewsCambonbleu

a few musings on last night... on 07:45 - Nov 23 by christiand

Agree regarding Waghorn's header, you could see how he angled his head he knew what he was doing and executed it perfectly. You're other two points I don't agree with though. Yes Sears had that chance, after the terrific ball from Waghorn, but soon as he pushed it wide on to his left foot it was always going to be tough for him to finish, he is predominantly a right footed player. In terms of confidence, he still took the shot on and worked hard through-out his time on the pitch. Kenlock didn't do anything spectacular but he played solidly and for me I'd much prefer a defender to have consistency - 7 out of 10 week in, week out than someone that plays well one week and then poorly the next. He was never going to be starting against Aston Villa even if he was MoM, so he was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

That's just my opinion Cambonbleu, although it differs to yours it doesn't mean it's right!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 7:51]

Luckily, as this isn't twitter, we can have differing opinions and that's absolutely OK!

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

a few musings on last night... on 08:44 - Nov 23 with 1337 viewsWestcountryblue

Might be an idea to swap Moore and Sears.

Sears looks like he could do with a run of games at a lower level to restore his confidence.
a few musings on last night... on 08:52 - Nov 23 with 1315 viewsdirtyboy

a few musings on last night... on 07:54 - Nov 23 by JimmyJazz

Other points

Connolly was excellent as a holding midfielder

Chambers looks to be our weak link, which is a bit of a problem as can't see him being dropped

Didn't really see Chambers or Webster do anything wrong to be honest, there was nothing dangerous through the middle, just the threat from wide areas, which incidentally cost us in the end.

Didn't like the 'keep ball' in the corner, but it's not uncommon is it? Misjudgement of time perhaps, but I won't berate the players about it.

Last night was a good performance, we defended from the front and although the statistics showed they dominated possession, I can honestly say it didn't feel like they had all that much and rarely looked like they'd carve us open, whereas we looked dangerous numerous times.

Celina didn't have a great game, but that being said, he could have had two goals had players made better decisions, but i'll never moan if McGoldrick wants to take a shot.

I think if we play like that, we'll be just fine. Nice to see Huws back, saw one little glimpse of his quick feet and of course the assist, he'll be a huge asset in the remainder of the season.

Far more to be positive about that not.

Red card could have changed things massively and Spence took his eye off the ball for a split second and got punished, how little things can make such a huge difference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024