Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real cost of McGoldrick 13:22 - Dec 8 with 7214 viewsJohnny_Boy

Currently, he's out of contract at the end of the season.

If somebody came in for him in January, what would be the bare minimum you'd (begrudgingly) let him leave for?

Or..

Is he too valuable for us to let go, keep hold of him till the end of the campaign & risk losing him for nowt if we fail to get promoted (or he wishes not to extend his stay with us).
Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:25 - Dec 8 with 7189 viewsHerbivore

He'll be gone in the summer for free I expect. At his age with his injury record I'd probably take a million for him in January but I can't see anyone being willing to go that high so I'd keep him. Didz being missing for the last couple of games has shown we can live without him, indeed much as he's excellent he does sometimes have a tendency to slow our play down and to over play.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:31 - Dec 8 with 7168 viewsJohnny_Boy

Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:25 - Dec 8 by Herbivore

He'll be gone in the summer for free I expect. At his age with his injury record I'd probably take a million for him in January but I can't see anyone being willing to go that high so I'd keep him. Didz being missing for the last couple of games has shown we can live without him, indeed much as he's excellent he does sometimes have a tendency to slow our play down and to over play.

Hope for a bidding war to clamour for his signature in January.

Think you're right. £1m would seem an exceptional bit of business considering his contract status.
Some top 4 Championsip clubs would see that as money well spent.
Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:34 - Dec 8 with 7151 viewsPilgrimblue

Bearing in mind he's in Irish team and is playing well I wouldn't sell for less than £2m.
However if stays, he could be more valuable to us in second half if we maintain current position. He is slow but his skill does open up the game and he still has goals in him so long as he doesn't take penalties!
Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:36 - Dec 8 with 7140 viewsbournemouthblue

Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:31 - Dec 8 by Johnny_Boy

Think you're right. £1m would seem an exceptional bit of business considering his contract status.

Would it in the current climate though? We certainly wouldn't want to sell him to a rival when £5 - 6 million seems to be the average for a decent striker at this level

We could get more for Keiffer Moore than that, let alone McGoldrick

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:40 - Dec 8 with 7111 viewsJohnny_Boy

Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:36 - Dec 8 by bournemouthblue

Would it in the current climate though? We certainly wouldn't want to sell him to a rival when £5 - 6 million seems to be the average for a decent striker at this level

But he's only got 6 months remaining & he'll (currently) be available on a freebie.

£1m-£2m tops IMHO.s
Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:41 - Dec 8 with 7107 viewsBlueastheycome

Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:36 - Dec 8 by bournemouthblue

Too injury prone and we are not talking about a player who gets you guaranteed 20+ goals every season...

He certainly knows where the net is though and he is a quality player for game or two but his contract is up at the end of the season I think about 500k is more realistic in Jan but I hope it doesn't come to that.
Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:42 - Dec 8 with 7102 viewsHerbivore

Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:31 - Dec 8 by Johnny_Boy

The other thing to factor in is that someone might see a chance to sign him in January for a relatively small fee for his ability and get him tied up rather than waiting for the summer when I expect a number of clubs will be sniffing after him and the overall cost of the deal - factoring in signing on fees and wages - may end up being as much or more.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

on 13:53 - Dec 8 with 7068 views_

Login to get fewer ads

Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:55 - Dec 8 with 7054 viewsJ2BLUE

Unless we get a big bid for him it would really show a lack of ambition to let him go when we're close to the play offs.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 13:57 - Dec 8 with 7048 views_

Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:55 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

Unless we get a big bid for him it would really show a lack of ambition to let him go when we're close to the play offs.

Real cost of McGoldrick on 16:16 - Dec 8 with 6845 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

on 13:53 - Dec 8 by _

I’m not saying he definitely won’t leave (as obviously at some point he will), but David McGoldrick has been on his way every transfer window for about the last 4 years...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

on 16:20 - Dec 8 with 6834 views_

Real cost of McGoldrick on 16:16 - Dec 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m not saying he definitely won’t leave (as obviously at some point he will), but David McGoldrick has been on his way every transfer window for about the last 4 years...

Real cost of McGoldrick on 16:22 - Dec 8 with 6823 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

on 16:20 - Dec 8 by _

It’s usually because he’s moving back to the Midlands to be closer to his family

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Real cost of McGoldrick on 17:18 - Dec 8 with 6773 viewsSarge

on 13:57 - Dec 8 by _

He is that important. He's a luxury only in the sense that he's the only permanent member of our squad with any real technical ability.

Edit: that actually might be a little unfair on Huws but McG far and away the most technically talented player we have.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2017 17:22]
Real cost of McGoldrick on 17:38 - Dec 8 with 6725 viewsmonty_radio

Real cost of McGoldrick on 17:18 - Dec 8 by Sarge

He is that important. He's a luxury only in the sense that he's the only permanent member of our squad with any real technical ability.

Edit: that actually might be a little unfair on Huws but McG far and away the most technically talented player we have.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2017 17:22]

Probably, given the direct style that we employ, much more effectively than when it was lump- and-see, it should be said, he is expendable.

But for me, it's such things as he possesses that make £25 bearable. That instant control, that turn that leaves two attendant defenders crashing into one another, that caress of the ball which says it's mine and you lumberers can fall about as you want - the fee is irrelevant, the entertainment is irreplaceable on the humdrum stage that is the Championship.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Real cost of McGoldrick on 17:58 - Dec 8 with 6691 viewsWD19

If anyone offers over £500-600k he will be gone. Mix of this + his wages is basically c.£1m into the club that we will not have otherwise.

Agree with what others say re: what that says about ambition, but that's just how I see it on balance of probability.
Real cost of McGoldrick on 18:58 - Dec 8 with 6616 viewssouthnorfolkblue

He cost us nothing so we don’t lose anything if he goes for nothing. Personally I think that he will add more to the squad in the second half of the season than any money we will realistically be offered for him.

Poll: Our final position

Real cost of McGoldrick on 23:07 - Dec 8 with 6415 viewsconnorscontract

If we're more than 6 points off the Play Offs I'd assume a lower bid (500k?) would get him.

In the Play Offs: it would take a big bid, surely, (certainly over a million) or a swap for a player in a position where we have less depth.

I hope he stays, and has a fun season in the Prem with us in 18-19.
Real cost of McGoldrick on 23:54 - Dec 8 with 6357 viewsStNeotsBlue

Real cost of McGoldrick on 23:07 - Dec 8 by connorscontract

If we're more than 6 points off the Play Offs I'd assume a lower bid (500k?) would get him.

In the Play Offs: it would take a big bid, surely, (certainly over a million) or a swap for a player in a position where we have less depth.

I hope he stays, and has a fun season in the Prem with us in 18-19.

If he does leave it will be a loss, he has that touch of class that is rare in this division.
Real cost of McGoldrick on 00:04 - Dec 9 with 6341 viewsStenvict

Any sort of funds would be handy from a sale in January.

I want to watch ITFC win, not too fussed about a half decent touch here and there by McGoldrick. Don't understand how many on here can say he's worth the ticket price. He's good but he's not Messi.

As we've seen in the last 2 games, we're not entirely reliant upon him. Waghorn and Garner offer more as strikers IMO.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Real cost of McGoldrick on 05:02 - Dec 9 with 6243 viewsTLA

Real cost of McGoldrick on 13:40 - Dec 8 by Johnny_Boy

But he's only got 6 months remaining & he'll (currently) be available on a freebie.

£1m-£2m tops IMHO.s

I can't believe he won't see the season out.

If we did manage to go up (I know!), then he'd get a decent new contract and if not, he's free to negotiate a great last deal somewhere.

If he goes in January, £500K will be the best we'll get.
Real cost of McGoldrick on 10:43 - Dec 9 with 6073 viewsbluelou

Real cost of McGoldrick on 00:04 - Dec 9 by Stenvict

Any sort of funds would be handy from a sale in January.

I want to watch ITFC win, not too fussed about a half decent touch here and there by McGoldrick. Don't understand how many on here can say he's worth the ticket price. He's good but he's not Messi.

As we've seen in the last 2 games, we're not entirely reliant upon him. Waghorn and Garner offer more as strikers IMO.

You're all mad. We don't need to sell in january, especially not a player who wouldn't return that much money and definitely not our most technically gifted one!

There's literally no reason why we wouldn't hang onto didz until the end of the season.
If he wants to leave then, good luck to him.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Real cost of McGoldrick on 11:00 - Dec 9 with 6063 viewsDarth_Koont

Bearing in mind we're within touching distance of the playoffs in December, then he'd be exactly the sort of addition we'd like to make in January if we didn't have him.

It still seems likely that he'll leave in June But it also wouldn't surprise me if he signed a new contract either. If being back in the Midlands was such an issue then a) he'd have forced the Leicester move or b) forced a move at some other time over the past 4 years.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024