Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? 13:30 - Dec 7 with 6535 viewsgiant_stow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-42265869

Can she not see she's already been given the touch of the century ffs? Just take it and shut up.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 13:40 - Dec 7 with 5830 viewsLord_Lucan

If she appeals there is always the chance that they will increase her sentence.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 13:50 - Dec 7 with 5797 viewscaught-in-limbo

Not very bright at all.

A breadknife is rubbish for stabbing people with - a wannabe surgeon should have known that.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 13:51 - Dec 7 with 5795 viewsgiant_stow

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 13:40 - Dec 7 by Lord_Lucan

If she appeals there is always the chance that they will increase her sentence.

I thought that might be the case - even more silly of her, quite apart from further damage to her reputation.

Maybe she's not mentally right, but if that's the case, someone needs to be telling her what's what firmly.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 13:55 - Dec 7 with 5774 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

An extraordinary waste of a good opportunity.

Shes just a clever waster.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:11 - Dec 7 with 5728 viewsconnorscontract

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 13:55 - Dec 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

An extraordinary waste of a good opportunity.

Shes just a clever waster.

To me it hints at much deeper psychological problems. She's affronted that a judge, and through them society at large, has had the temerity to pass judgement on her and hold her to account for her actions, just as she was affronted that her boyfriend was holding her to account for her drinking (when supposedly coming off drink because of her addiction) and so stabbed him for it.

I hope her sentence is increased and isn't suspended this time.
Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:18 - Dec 7 with 5711 viewsDanTheMan

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 13:51 - Dec 7 by giant_stow

I thought that might be the case - even more silly of her, quite apart from further damage to her reputation.

Maybe she's not mentally right, but if that's the case, someone needs to be telling her what's what firmly.

She's not mentally right, they said so in the judgment. She was a drug and alcohol addict.

When I turn to look, however, for mitigating features the picture is very different.
There are many mitigating features in your case. Principally, at the age of 24 you
have no previous convictions of any nature whatsoever. Secondly, I find that you
were genuinely remorseful following this event and, indeed, although it was
against your bail conditions you contacted your partner to fully confess your guilt
and your deep sorrow for what happened. Thirdly, whilst you are clearly a highly
intelligent individual, you had an immaturity about you which was not
commensurate for someone of your age. Fourthly, as the reports from the experts
make clear, you suffer from an emotionally unstable personality disorder, a
severe eating disorder and alcohol drug dependence. Finally, and most
significantly, you have demonstrated over the last nine months that you are
determined to rid yourself of your alcohol/drug addiction and have undergone
extensive treatment including counselling to address the many issues that you
face. In particular, you have demonstrated to me since I adjourned this matter in
May a strong and unwavering determination so to do despite the enormous
pressure under which you were put and which has been referred to by your
learned counsel.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:20 - Dec 7 with 5702 viewsDanTheMan

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:11 - Dec 7 by connorscontract

To me it hints at much deeper psychological problems. She's affronted that a judge, and through them society at large, has had the temerity to pass judgement on her and hold her to account for her actions, just as she was affronted that her boyfriend was holding her to account for her drinking (when supposedly coming off drink because of her addiction) and so stabbed him for it.

I hope her sentence is increased and isn't suspended this time.

See I don't understand this, whilst I think the appeal should fail, how will chucking her in jail actually help her? She'd be better off with some counselling.

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:30 - Dec 7 with 5671 viewsgiant_stow

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:18 - Dec 7 by DanTheMan

She's not mentally right, they said so in the judgment. She was a drug and alcohol addict.

When I turn to look, however, for mitigating features the picture is very different.
There are many mitigating features in your case. Principally, at the age of 24 you
have no previous convictions of any nature whatsoever. Secondly, I find that you
were genuinely remorseful following this event and, indeed, although it was
against your bail conditions you contacted your partner to fully confess your guilt
and your deep sorrow for what happened. Thirdly, whilst you are clearly a highly
intelligent individual, you had an immaturity about you which was not
commensurate for someone of your age. Fourthly, as the reports from the experts
make clear, you suffer from an emotionally unstable personality disorder, a
severe eating disorder and alcohol drug dependence. Finally, and most
significantly, you have demonstrated over the last nine months that you are
determined to rid yourself of your alcohol/drug addiction and have undergone
extensive treatment including counselling to address the many issues that you
face. In particular, you have demonstrated to me since I adjourned this matter in
May a strong and unwavering determination so to do despite the enormous
pressure under which you were put and which has been referred to by your
learned counsel.

I’m not sure that being Ill or an addict is always enough to explain away *all* behaviour. To some, it might even seem like patronising excuse-making to write this appeal off as such — I speak as a low-medium level nut job myself.
Also, the key thing in your quoted passage is that she *was* remorseful - appealing a suspended sentence demonstrates the opposite.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2017 14:31]

Login to get fewer ads

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:31 - Dec 7 with 5664 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:20 - Dec 7 by DanTheMan

See I don't understand this, whilst I think the appeal should fail, how will chucking her in jail actually help her? She'd be better off with some counselling.

A frivolous appeal should result in a tougher sentence.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:31 - Dec 7 with 5664 viewsusm

So, she stabbed her ex and then breached her bail conditions.

Why isnt she in jail?

A bloke with a drug/drink problem would be, no question.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:38 - Dec 7 with 5642 viewsgiant_stow

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:31 - Dec 7 by usm

So, she stabbed her ex and then breached her bail conditions.

Why isnt she in jail?

A bloke with a drug/drink problem would be, no question.

You could probably correct that last sentence to read 99% of people would be no question. Someone really needs to have a word with her.

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:53 - Dec 7 with 5604 viewsDanTheMan

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:31 - Dec 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree, but again I'm not sure chucking her in jail will particularly help someone who already has mental health issues and addiction problems

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:54 - Dec 7 with 5598 viewschicoazul

It's almost as if highly privileged ruling class people who go to Oxford cant accept when they are in the wrong isnt it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 15:24 - Dec 7 with 5557 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:53 - Dec 7 by DanTheMan

I agree, but again I'm not sure chucking her in jail will particularly help someone who already has mental health issues and addiction problems

OK, she can serve the sentence in a secure mental hospital.

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 15:25 - Dec 7 with 5552 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:54 - Dec 7 by chicoazul

It's almost as if highly privileged ruling class people who go to Oxford cant accept when they are in the wrong isnt it.

Hmmm, not sure she is a true reflection of the typical Oxbridge student.

Clutching at straws a bit there.

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 15:49 - Dec 7 with 5507 viewsHerbivore

I probably would to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 16:02 - Dec 7 with 5479 viewsbrazil1982

Jailing isn't always about helping - there has to be an element of punishment.
Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 17:20 - Dec 7 with 5396 viewsmanchego

Literally everyone on the planet can claim that counselling would be better than being chucked in jail.
I read somewhere else that jail would harm her employment prospects.
On that basis, why is anyone in jail ?
Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 17:51 - Dec 7 with 5352 viewsElderGrizzly

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:31 - Dec 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

And knowing rules of Oxford, they will probably chuck her off the course anyway, appeal won or not.

She has to get through that yet as well, not just this legal nosense.
Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 18:24 - Dec 7 with 5318 viewsDanTheMan

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 17:20 - Dec 7 by manchego

Literally everyone on the planet can claim that counselling would be better than being chucked in jail.
I read somewhere else that jail would harm her employment prospects.
On that basis, why is anyone in jail ?

Some people are actually dangerous, malicious etc.

This is literally her first offence, she sought out help after it happened. This is precisely why the judge went easy on her.

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 18:28 - Dec 7 with 5292 viewsDanTheMan

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 16:02 - Dec 7 by brazil1982

Jailing isn't always about helping - there has to be an element of punishment.

Well she can no longer be a surgeon, like she wanted, so that's completely out as even if she doesn't have the jail sentence she won't get past the checks.

Everyone knows her name now as it's national news so that's gonna harm her career prospects.

She'll probably be kicked off her course so that's good too.

I imagine the stress is pretty high as well, all things considered.

It amazes me just how much people love the misery of others, and not only that, want to inflict further misery.

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 18:34 - Dec 7 with 5279 viewsfactual_blue

I'm disappointed. From the title, I assumed this was going to be another article confirming theresa's dimness.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 18:39 - Dec 7 with 5272 viewsgordon

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 14:53 - Dec 7 by DanTheMan

There's a good summary here explaining the judge's decision. It's difficult to find fault with the logic (though I'm no legal expert).
Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 18:40 - Dec 7 with 5269 viewsmanchego

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 18:24 - Dec 7 by DanTheMan

Some people are actually dangerous, malicious etc.

This is literally her first offence, she sought out help after it happened. This is precisely why the judge went easy on her.

she stabbed someone while ferociously drunk.
that's ok she's posh and white.
Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? (n/t) on 18:47 - Dec 7 with 5259 viewsgordon

Maybe she's not so bright and special afterall? on 18:40 - Dec 7 by manchego

she stabbed someone while ferociously drunk.
that's ok she's posh and white.

Probably worth noting that the victim of her 'stabbing' required three stitches to the lower leg and a plaster for a cut finger.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2017 18:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024