Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The referee on Saturday is Robert Jones 14:19 - Dec 6 with 2091 viewsMaySixth

it's the biggest stage he has officiated ob by some distance

i went to slough v rochdale on monday night - he wasn't very good

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

The referee on Saturday is Robert Jones on 14:21 - Dec 6 with 2072 viewsIllinoisblue

can't be any worse than Keith Stroud

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The referee on Saturday is Robert Jones on 20:29 - Dec 6 with 1912 viewspeterleeblue

The referee on Saturday is Robert Jones on 14:21 - Dec 6 by Illinoisblue

can't be any worse than Keith Stroud

Keith Stroud was at SAFC on Saturday. I am a ref so never call refs. However He managed to give a yellow card for dissent within 15 minutes which ultimately led to the same player being sent off for a second yellow for alleged deliberate handball. It ultimately cost the Mackems in a tight game.
A good man manager would have got to at least 30 mins before issuing a card and would have used the captain to tell the player to wind his neck in.
Unfortunately Stroud is a by the letter of the law man and the game which Michael Oliver said is an event and should be managed accordingly is worse off for this style of officiating.
The referee on Saturday is Robert Jones on 10:30 - Dec 7 with 1793 viewsMattinLondon

The referee on Saturday is Robert Jones on 20:29 - Dec 6 by peterleeblue

Keith Stroud was at SAFC on Saturday. I am a ref so never call refs. However He managed to give a yellow card for dissent within 15 minutes which ultimately led to the same player being sent off for a second yellow for alleged deliberate handball. It ultimately cost the Mackems in a tight game.
A good man manager would have got to at least 30 mins before issuing a card and would have used the captain to tell the player to wind his neck in.
Unfortunately Stroud is a by the letter of the law man and the game which Michael Oliver said is an event and should be managed accordingly is worse off for this style of officiating.

Pardon my ignorance but surly it depends on what level of dissent the player was booked for? If it was for swearing directly at the officials then that should always be a straight red? Kicking the ball away, sarcastically clapping etc aren't they always yellow?
The referee on Saturday is Robert Jones on 10:37 - Dec 7 with 1786 viewshype313

I disagree, we all want to see less petulance on the football pitch, and if you don't nip these scrotes in the bud then it will never happen.

I once got sin binned in rugby because I knocked on and said FFS to myself, the ref said he wouldn't accept foul language on his watch. I appreciate the horse has bolted in football, but it would be nice to see less petulance and referee swarming going forward, so if that means getting the cards out more often then so be it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The referee on Saturday is Robert Jones on 10:48 - Dec 7 with 1780 viewsconnorscontract

Did the referee make him commit the foul/offence which led to the second yellow, then? Plenty of players get booked, whst percentage get a second yellow? Instinct tells me less than 10%.

If the ref in this instance would have booked him in the 60th minute for the offence then I can't see that he was wrong to do it in the 15th. As long as he applied the same standard comsistently across the game to both teams then there isn't an issue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024