Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing 13:27 - Dec 6 with 9391 viewsElderGrizzly

Think they did something similar at Villa a few years back. Makes you wonder if the authorities will put pressure on us to enforce seating in the SBRL?
Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 13:30 - Dec 6 with 8220 viewsHerbivore

The stewards don't even try to get us to sit in SBR, it'd be pointless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 13:33 - Dec 6 with 8202 viewsElderGrizzly

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 13:30 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

Which appears to be the position Norwich got into and then the authorities got involved?

I hope they don’t but they do like to make an example every now and again. Just pop in safe standing and be done with it
Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 13:40 - Dec 6 with 8166 viewstextbackup

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 13:30 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

They tried plenty of times previously. And still do on sections 4&6

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 13:44 - Dec 6 with 8138 viewsITFC_Forever

But they could.

With the potential change in law to allow the safe-standing rail seats, I think clubs would be under more pressure to clamp down on persistent standing.

If safe standing was introduced at PR, it would be interesting to see which stand it was introduced to. Logic based on the demographic of spectators would say the SBRL, but as this was purpose-built as a seating area, this stand may not lend itself to the retro-fitting of safe standing "rail seats".

Churchmans lower and the Co-op lower may be more likely, as the seats were directly bolted on to the existing terracing.... although Churchmans lower would be unlikely as it would block the view of the corporate seats at the back and the upper tier over-hang may restrict the view too much.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 16:08 - Dec 6 with 7944 viewsbritbiker

As much as I like standing at some points in the game, I am 6 foot 4 and it does concern me that those behind get a decent view. Where I sit in the north stand lower I am just outside the wedge of constant standers and thus would miss any action going on in the corners of the pitch if I didnt also stand. This is a tough one for clubs as I can see the argument from both camps.
Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 16:13 - Dec 6 with 7938 viewsGavTWTD

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 13:44 - Dec 6 by ITFC_Forever

But they could.

With the potential change in law to allow the safe-standing rail seats, I think clubs would be under more pressure to clamp down on persistent standing.

If safe standing was introduced at PR, it would be interesting to see which stand it was introduced to. Logic based on the demographic of spectators would say the SBRL, but as this was purpose-built as a seating area, this stand may not lend itself to the retro-fitting of safe standing "rail seats".

Churchmans lower and the Co-op lower may be more likely, as the seats were directly bolted on to the existing terracing.... although Churchmans lower would be unlikely as it would block the view of the corporate seats at the back and the upper tier over-hang may restrict the view too much.

I'm pretty sure that the north, churchmans and britannia stands were all re-concreted. I know, because I was a labourer there for a time and I helped carry the concrete in wheelbarrows up and down scaffold boards!

I'd be surprised if rail seats couldn't be used on our current terracing, because it's just a seat with a high back isn't it?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 16:16 - Dec 6 with 7928 viewsitfcjoe

They'll be reducing capacity when they shed a load of ST holders at the end of the season....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 16:31 - Dec 6 with 7881 viewsBlueastheycome

This 'sit down shut up' culture will be the death of football for the fan...

If this ever occurred in the LSBR.. I like the idea as a form of effective protest for fans just to say 'ok then' and then just sit down and remain absolutely quiet for 90 mins.. creating no atmosphere whatsoever to show the footballing clubs and authorities that football is nothing without its fans...

Alternatively..the introduction of safe standing would be fantastic. Everybody wins then.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 16:35 - Dec 6 with 7863 viewsmonytowbray

OMG NO, they're struggling to fit their 3244532532423 crowds in as it is.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 16:52 - Dec 6 with 7820 viewsHerbivore

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 13:40 - Dec 6 by textbackup

They tried plenty of times previously. And still do on sections 4&6

I'm in section 4 and nobody has even made a half hearted attempt to get us to sit down since at the least the start of last season.

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 16:54 - Dec 6 with 7805 viewsNo9

Less than 1/4 of a million for home games then?
Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 17:15 - Dec 6 with 7757 viewsSwansea_Blue

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 16:31 - Dec 6 by Blueastheycome

This 'sit down shut up' culture will be the death of football for the fan...

If this ever occurred in the LSBR.. I like the idea as a form of effective protest for fans just to say 'ok then' and then just sit down and remain absolutely quiet for 90 mins.. creating no atmosphere whatsoever to show the footballing clubs and authorities that football is nothing without its fans...

Alternatively..the introduction of safe standing would be fantastic. Everybody wins then.

Agreed. Even 'safe standing' is a sledgehammer to crack a nut. You're not going to get Hillsborough type events again due to the drip feeding of people through the turnstiles and lack of fencing. I don't see why people can't just stand (other than it obscures the view of those sitting, so consideration comes into it).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 17:36 - Dec 6 with 7717 viewsHipsterectomy

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 17:15 - Dec 6 by Swansea_Blue

Agreed. Even 'safe standing' is a sledgehammer to crack a nut. You're not going to get Hillsborough type events again due to the drip feeding of people through the turnstiles and lack of fencing. I don't see why people can't just stand (other than it obscures the view of those sitting, so consideration comes into it).

One of the last PR games I went to we were asked to sit down by a steward as people's were complaining that they couldn't see. This was north lower

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 17:57 - Dec 6 with 7680 viewsDennyx4

I seem to remember letters being given out at turnstiles a few years back in the North Stand, asking for fans to be seated, prior to the implementation of no under 12's rule to ensure we maintained our Health and Safety licence?
Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 18:15 - Dec 6 with 7638 viewsTractorWood

Don't see why these faux authorities are so bothered. People stand. Get over it or introduce safe standing. Done.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 18:26 - Dec 6 with 7618 viewstextbackup

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 16:52 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

I'm in section 4 and nobody has even made a half hearted attempt to get us to sit down since at the least the start of last season.

I'm sure if people stand at the front of S4/6 (as in directly behind disabled area) they get told to sit. Seen it many a time. But you go 5/6 rows above that and they say nothing. I'm too section 4

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 18:43 - Dec 6 with 7585 viewsbrogansnose

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 18:15 - Dec 6 by TractorWood

Don't see why these faux authorities are so bothered. People stand. Get over it or introduce safe standing. Done.

Human beings stand up, its what they do and have done for millenia and its not inherently dangerous.

I would be really pi$$ed off if I was one of those Norwich fans.
Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 18:59 - Dec 6 with 7560 viewsBlue_Order

I had a letter like that from ITFC in about 2004, threatening to revoke my season ticket. I had the last laugh though by never renewing.
Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 20:31 - Dec 6 with 7434 viewsbournemouthblue

That would be funny given their total obsession with numbers

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 21:03 - Dec 6 with 7394 viewsHerbivore

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 18:26 - Dec 6 by textbackup

I'm sure if people stand at the front of S4/6 (as in directly behind disabled area) they get told to sit. Seen it many a time. But you go 5/6 rows above that and they say nothing. I'm too section 4

Ah, fair enough. I'm a bit further back so probably explains why I've not seen it.

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 05:37 - Dec 7 with 7213 viewsSuperfrans

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 13:33 - Dec 6 by ElderGrizzly

Which appears to be the position Norwich got into and then the authorities got involved?

I hope they don’t but they do like to make an example every now and again. Just pop in safe standing and be done with it

The authorities seem to specific to NCFC though - “the clubs Safety Advisory Group”. This seems to be part of the club or the local police/council, maybe a group spanning all three. Unless they age been prompted to do this by some wider national crackdown, I’d be surprised if this had any impact on us.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 06:00 - Dec 7 with 7196 viewsbluejake78

The football at Carrot Ruude is diminishing their crowds.If they keep this form up the sound of tearing season tickets is beckoning.
Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 07:08 - Dec 7 with 7146 viewscaught-in-limbo

But they're not "standing", they're "getting up to leave".

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 07:12 - Dec 7 with 7139 viewsGodBlue

I’d like to think that even if Ipswich did address the issue, they’d handle it a damned sight better than that!

It’s such a poorly written piece of correspondence to come out of such a big organisation. It basically says - if you can’t get hundreds of people (who may react with ‘foul and abussive behaviour’) to sit down, we’re going to take your seat away!

The last paragraph is so passive aggressive and the person who wrote it, who refers to themself in the first person, doesn’t even have the courage to put their name to it.

Woeful customer service. Clearly it’s not just the fans that take their gigantic attendances for granted.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 10:38 - Dec 7 with 7018 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwich threatening their fans with reducing capacity due to persistent standing on 16:08 - Dec 6 by britbiker

As much as I like standing at some points in the game, I am 6 foot 4 and it does concern me that those behind get a decent view. Where I sit in the north stand lower I am just outside the wedge of constant standers and thus would miss any action going on in the corners of the pitch if I didnt also stand. This is a tough one for clubs as I can see the argument from both camps.

Being of napoleonic stature, let me assure you, it is a right bwgger when some giant stands in front of you.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024