Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time up for A Cook? 08:25 - Dec 14 with 1796 viewschicoazul

Not a great 2017, daddy hundred against a poor Windies attack at home apart. Average below 40 thanks in large part to that same daddy. One century in the last 12 months.
I love the man and how he carried himself as captain but maybe it's over. Horrible to see him struggle so badly.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Time up for A Cook? on 08:34 - Dec 14 with 1777 viewsSteve_M

He's having a poor tour so far, but given we haven't replaced Strauss properly yet after five years are there good options who will be better than Cook next Summer?

Stoneman does looks promising though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Time up for A Cook? on 08:56 - Dec 14 with 1753 viewsHerbivore

He looks done to be fair. He's had poor spells before and come back but it must be tough to continue playing in a side you captained for so long. I can't think of many players in recent time who have continued to have success playing for England after resigning the captaincy, certainly not when they've been captain for a number of years.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Time up for A Cook? on 08:58 - Dec 14 with 1749 viewsnoggin

Ah, I thought this was about Delia Smith.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Time up for A Cook? on 09:59 - Dec 14 with 1701 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Cook has earned a lot of patience during his illustrious career so I hope he's given the chance to decide his future and go out how and when he feels is right.. (Which should probably be within the next 2 years)

Jennings and Hameed are the obvious successors who both need another 12 months or so to iron out their game and get some more runs under their belts in domestic cricket.
Time up for A Cook? on 10:52 - Dec 14 with 1665 viewsBrianTablet

What happened to Hameed?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Time up for A Cook? on 10:57 - Dec 14 with 1658 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Time up for A Cook? on 10:52 - Dec 14 by BrianTablet

What happened to Hameed?

Had an injury early in the season, but managed to play most of the domestic season.. Just struggled to make any runs and looked bang average.

There were some calling for him to be called up regardless and play him anyway. Quite glad we didn't as the media would be incredibly unforgiving of a 20 year old short of form and we'd probably never see him again. When in his pomp, he looks like the natural successor to Cook so hopefully he can regain that form again
Time up for A Cook? on 11:44 - Dec 14 with 1618 viewsWD19

No.

Hope that helps.
Time up for A Cook? on 13:54 - Dec 14 with 1568 viewsGuthrum

Wouldn't be surprised to see him retire after this tour, especially if he makes a big (and/or matchwinning) score to go out on. Cook's outstanding record is more then secure, whatever happens.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024