Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surprised at mccathys team selections 17:07 - Dec 26 with 4829 viewsTrequartista

He has history in resting players in games we are unlikely to win if a game we are likely to win follows straight after. Hasn't done that this time.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:09 - Dec 26 with 3450 viewsFtnfwest

Get ready, I get slaughtered for suggesting that
Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:10 - Dec 26 with 3417 viewsGuthrum

Maybe he thinks it's worth going for it against Derby?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:11 - Dec 26 with 3413 viewsgt81

With all the injuries he didn't have much choice. That said, it's still a concern that so many young players are picking up long term injuries and spending so long in the treatment room. We can't afford to carry them.
Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:14 - Dec 26 with 3384 viewsBluesquid

Mills said that QPR were more of a handfull than Wolves on Saturday and it's interesting that Millwall look like they went for it against the league leaders and came away with something.
Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:18 - Dec 26 with 3349 viewsCoco

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:10 - Dec 26 by Guthrum

Its worth going for it in every single game ffs. What a load of absolute bollix.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:20 - Dec 26 with 3330 viewsBluesquid

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:18 - Dec 26 by Coco

Its worth going for it in every single game ffs. What a load of absolute bollix.

Micks gonna go for it in the cup.
Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:21 - Dec 26 with 3325 viewsTrequartista

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:10 - Dec 26 by Guthrum

Derby is a more difficult fixture and is 4 days away with no travelling in between

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:22 - Dec 26 with 3309 viewsTrequartista

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:11 - Dec 26 by gt81

With all the injuries he didn't have much choice. That said, it's still a concern that so many young players are picking up long term injuries and spending so long in the treatment room. We can't afford to carry them.

Celina ward and spence were not injured

Login to get fewer ads

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:24 - Dec 26 with 3296 viewsTrequartista

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:14 - Dec 26 by Bluesquid

Mills said that QPR were more of a handfull than Wolves on Saturday and it's interesting that Millwall look like they went for it against the league leaders and came away with something.

Totally different games we would have been defensive at wolves whereas we presumably tried to attack qpr leaving more room for them offensively

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:28 - Dec 26 with 3272 viewsGuthrum

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:18 - Dec 26 by Coco

Can our best footballers actually play at maximum intensity every game without injury or burning themselves out? Those running the team obviously think not, same with their counterparts at other clubs.

From what I've heard former and current players say, the intensity is not the same as it was 40 years ago, when squads were small and subs seldom or never used.

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:28 - Dec 26 with 3272 viewsBluesquid

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:24 - Dec 26 by Trequartista

Totally different games we would have been defensive at wolves whereas we presumably tried to attack qpr leaving more room for them offensively

I think we could of got something against Wolves, i really do.
Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:28 - Dec 26 with 3267 viewsGuthrum

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:24 - Dec 26 by Trequartista

We weren't especially defensive at Wolves.

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:29 - Dec 26 with 3254 viewsCoco

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:20 - Dec 26 by Bluesquid

Micks gonna go for it in the cup.

Mick is a dullard

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:30 - Dec 26 with 3246 viewsTrequartista

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:28 - Dec 26 by Bluesquid

Even a point at wolves and a point today is inferior to a 0-3 at wolves and win today.

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:31 - Dec 26 with 3238 viewsGuthrum

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:28 - Dec 26 by Bluesquid

Yes, we could. Not so much the possibility of a foul on Kenlock in the build-up (debateable), but there were other opportunities to clear that attack before the shot went in. And our set pieces could have yeilded something - not to mention the Wolves back pass near disaster.

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:33 - Dec 26 with 3222 viewspointofblue

Instead he made the changes for the QPR match. We had no midfield today and no options to change it around once Bishop went off... though if he doesn't trust McDonnell to do a job why recall him?

I presume Bru had a knock?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:36 - Dec 26 with 3200 viewsTrequartista

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:28 - Dec 26 by Guthrum

We weren't especially defensive at Wolves.

Maybe but it would be hard to pick 2 more suitable fixtures within 3 days for prioritising. I'm just surprised as he has done this before i think he got fined for doing it in the premier league once.

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:37 - Dec 26 with 3189 viewsHerbivore

I don't know why people are making a fuss about making changes over the busy festive period. All sides rotate their squad during busy periods and we've been massively stretched because of injuries this season which adds pressure to those who have had to play more than they might otherwise have done.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:38 - Dec 26 with 3185 viewspointofblue

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:36 - Dec 26 by Trequartista

Maybe but it would be hard to pick 2 more suitable fixtures within 3 days for prioritising. I'm just surprised as he has done this before i think he got fined for doing it in the premier league once.

He did; he picked a weakened side at Old Trafford as they were home to Burnley a few days later. They lost against Manchester United but won the match at Molineux.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:38 - Dec 26 with 3181 viewsGuthrum

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:36 - Dec 26 by Trequartista

McCarthy perhaps did not want to capitulate (Cardiff game-style) against his former club.

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:41 - Dec 26 with 3170 viewsTrequartista

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:37 - Dec 26 by Herbivore

I don't know why people are making a fuss about making changes over the busy festive period. All sides rotate their squad during busy periods and we've been massively stretched because of injuries this season which adds pressure to those who have had to play more than they might otherwise have done.

I dont think you have understood my point. I'm saying we should have made the changes at wolves. Sears could have done his running up blind alleys there where a defeat was expected and we could then have celina firing fresh against qpr

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:44 - Dec 26 with 3151 viewsTrequartista

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:38 - Dec 26 by Guthrum

McCarthy perhaps did not want to capitulate (Cardiff game-style) against his former club.

I think points are more important than personal pride and i dont believe that as he has done it before to decent effect iirc

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:45 - Dec 26 with 3150 viewsHerbivore

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:41 - Dec 26 by Trequartista

I dont think you have understood my point. I'm saying we should have made the changes at wolves. Sears could have done his running up blind alleys there where a defeat was expected and we could then have celina firing fresh against qpr

If you've got 3 games in 7 days it makes no sense to rest players for the first of those games, the middle game is the one where you need to make use of your squad.

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:59 - Dec 26 with 3104 viewsTrequartista

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:45 - Dec 26 by Herbivore

If you've got 3 games in 7 days it makes no sense to rest players for the first of those games, the middle game is the one where you need to make use of your squad.

You’re just specifying an amount of games to fit an argument. We have 4 games in 10 days so we potentially need to rotate twice. There is a bigger gap to the next one and no travelling

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 18:02 - Dec 26 with 3093 viewsHerbivore

Surprised at mccathys team selections on 17:59 - Dec 26 by Trequartista

You’re just specifying an amount of games to fit an argument. We have 4 games in 10 days so we potentially need to rotate twice. There is a bigger gap to the next one and no travelling

Your last sentence simply backs up why we needed to rest players today, coming off a tough away game just 3 days ago.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024