Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Barnsley have got so much cash... 11:39 - Jan 5 with 1049 viewsclive_baker

Why do they want Moore? I don't mean that disrespectively to him, but if their new found pockets are as deep as we're led to believe, I would have expected them to show a little more ambition with proven Championship players. Don't get me wrong, he could prove an inspired signing but it I'm not overly nervous about being overtaken by Barnsley just yet if this is indicative of their purchasing power.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If Barnsley have got so much cash... on 11:42 - Jan 5 with 1020 viewsITFCBlues

You don’t normally get strikers at that age who have scored the goals he has from L1 for 750k. See Jack Marriott for example - touted for 4-5m move now

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

If Barnsley have got so much cash... on 11:44 - Jan 5 with 994 viewsGiveusaWave

My guess is they'll be gunning for promotion next season and not this. They need enough this season to ensure they avoid relegation....nothing more.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

If Barnsley have got so much cash... on 11:44 - Jan 5 with 990 viewstheipswichman

750k is nothing to most clubs (other than us). It's worth a punt for a player that scored a decent amount in league 1, but apparently not for us.
If Barnsley have got so much cash... on 11:49 - Jan 5 with 976 viewsSomethingBlue

We don't really know how deep their pockets are though — and either way, strikers tend to be very expensive so £750k for a guy with 13 goals already who they think they can develop further is probably a pretty good deal from their perspective. As it is from ours, too, but for different reasons.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If Barnsley have got so much cash... on 11:50 - Jan 5 with 962 viewsclive_baker

If Barnsley have got so much cash... on 11:44 - Jan 5 by GiveusaWave

My guess is they'll be gunning for promotion next season and not this. They need enough this season to ensure they avoid relegation....nothing more.

I see what you're saying, perhaps they're thinking lets do enough now to stay up, and if he works out then great for next season, if not they can move him on. Also depends who else is available right now of course. Will be interesting to see the sort of players they go after in the summer, they'll have to spend silly money to establish themselves as a top side in this division from that base.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024