Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
23:06 - Jan 6 with 12563 views_

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:12 - Jan 6 with 8627 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Their Manager used to manage NZ as well....

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

on 23:13 - Jan 6 with 8620 views_

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:12 - Jan 6 by southnorfolkblue

Their Manager used to manage NZ as well....

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:17 - Jan 6 with 8583 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

on 23:13 - Jan 6 by _

the manager/coach who just signed him, plus the one before him.. so that 2 of them who got upset because he put itfc first
Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:17 - Jan 6 with 8586 viewstextbackup

Thing is, the American fans are terribly cringeworthy, how will he feel comparing them to that away end when he scored vs Norwich. Excuse me while I cry

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

on 23:22 - Jan 6 with 8546 views_

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:17 - Jan 6 by textbackup

Thing is, the American fans are terribly cringeworthy, how will he feel comparing them to that away end when he scored vs Norwich. Excuse me while I cry

on 23:22 - Jan 6 with 8524 views_

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:17 - Jan 6 by Tampa_Florida_Blue

the manager/coach who just signed him, plus the one before him.. so that 2 of them who got upset because he put itfc first

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:23 - Jan 6 with 8519 viewsBlue_Order

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:17 - Jan 6 by textbackup

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!
Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:24 - Jan 6 with 8504 viewsIllinoisblue

on 23:22 - Jan 6 by _

some of the Portland tifo displays are incredible. I still think MLS quality of play is League 1 at best.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

on 23:24 - Jan 6 with 8503 views_

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:23 - Jan 6 by Blue_Order

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:28 - Jan 6 with 8460 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

on 23:22 - Jan 6 by _

yes you are right.
My local team Orlando City, play to a sell out crowd at every home game, but that said the stadium (newly built and first season in it was last season) is under 30,000 . Thats a city of around 3million locals and 2 mill+ tourists every day, and a city full of latino's. if they cant fill that stadium I would be shocked.
on 07:30 - Jan 7 with 8155 views_

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:24 - Jan 6 by Illinoisblue

some of the Portland tifo displays are incredible. I still think MLS quality of play is League 1 at best.

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 07:42 - Jan 7 with 8123 viewsReuser_is_God

Settle down Sherlock

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

on 07:47 - Jan 7 with 8100 views_

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 07:42 - Jan 7 by Reuser_is_God

Settle down Sherlock

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 08:09 - Jan 7 with 8028 viewspowinswitch

I love Tommy, but his poise on the ball and distribution mean for me, he is probably league 1, or at best lower championship level. Can’t fault his commitment to the cause but that ain5 going to get yo7 promoted out of this division, and tha5 should be every club’s aim.
Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 08:52 - Jan 7 with 7904 viewsEly_Blue

If what you say is true of the quality then Smith will have found his level!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 11:00 - Jan 7 with 7664 viewsfloridablue

on 23:24 - Jan 6 by _

Any worse than 'EN-GER-LAND EN-GER-LAND'?
on 11:03 - Jan 7 with 7649 views_

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 11:00 - Jan 7 by floridablue

Any worse than 'EN-GER-LAND EN-GER-LAND'?

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 11:57 - Jan 7 with 7560 viewsmparkyn

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:28 - Jan 6 by Tampa_Florida_Blue

yes you are right.
My local team Orlando City, play to a sell out crowd at every home game, but that said the stadium (newly built and first season in it was last season) is under 30,000 . Thats a city of around 3million locals and 2 mill+ tourists every day, and a city full of latino's. if they cant fill that stadium I would be shocked.

Orlando City used to be of course Austin Aztecs which is where I lived for several years. Austin Authorities never supported the team (although there were several thousand regular fans) and they played in College Stadium without alcohol etc. so the team moved to Florida. Rather a strange approach as the Austin metro area is now 1.5 million and there is no professional team franchise in any sport (albeit huge college football fan bases). Financed by a UK businessman with strong links with Stoke - Adrian Heath used to be manager.

Ealing Blue

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 12:33 - Jan 7 with 7477 viewsPopeye

Wages in championship likely to be higher than those in MLS and I understand Tommy’s girlfriend is from Ipswich so that has to be taken into consideration.
Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 14:08 - Jan 7 with 7347 viewslongtimefan

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 12:33 - Jan 7 by Popeye

Wages in championship likely to be higher than those in MLS and I understand Tommy’s girlfriend is from Ipswich so that has to be taken into consideration.

He got married in the summer, but yes his wife is local.
Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 14:34 - Jan 7 with 7296 viewsPhilTWTD

If you'd read the story on the frontpage - or listened to Life's a Pitch - you'd have heard the Rapids manager is Anthony Hudson, who has just left his job as New Zealand boss.
Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 15:00 - Jan 7 with 7215 viewsfloridablue

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 12:33 - Jan 7 by Popeye

You might be surprised to learn that ex Town player Gio Dos Santos picks up over $5 million with LA Galaxy and Kaka with Orlando City around $7 mill. Every season the MLS players union releases a list of all players wages. Orlando have just 'let go' Giles Barnes who was with Derby County i think and looking at the list he was earning nearly $800,000 per year and our 'star' Canadian striker Larin, around $200,000. Huge difference in salaries.
Also looked at year 2015 when Sean St Leger ex Town was at Orlando City and his salary was close on $150,000, although i have no idea what Smith earns at Town.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 15:14]
Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 15:01 - Jan 7 with 7204 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 23:28 - Jan 6 by Tampa_Florida_Blue

yes you are right.

I went as a tourist to the Citrus Bowl a couple of years ago - absolutely loved it. It was just great to be able to watch a game with a beer on a lovely warm evening. I reckon the MLS is probably top end Division 1 standard so I reckon Tommy will be fine there. The move is a no brainer for him.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

on 16:24 - Jan 7 with 7079 views_

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 14:34 - Jan 7 by PhilTWTD

If you'd read the story on the frontpage - or listened to Life's a Pitch - you'd have heard the Rapids manager is Anthony Hudson, who has just left his job as New Zealand boss.

Just to add to the Tommy Smith speculation... on 16:25 - Jan 7 with 7072 viewsPhilTWTD

on 16:24 - Jan 7 by _

That was rather the point I was making.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024