Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sponsors and the soul of football 10:38 - Jan 12 with 2862 viewsDyland

Who cares? It's dead. The writing is on the wall.

In decades to come the battle lines will be drawn between corporations and despotic states. It's only a matter of time before clubs change their names and we have Alphabet Wanderers vs Facebook FC, and Texaco Trotters vs Abu Dhabi Arsenal.

It's finished.

I wonder if new generations will be into it though, once the soul is completely dead and the only attraction is the game play itself. One could argue that will be football at its purest but that's bollix. The game is not that exciting in itself and without club identity beyond their corporate owners the whole sorry business will die. Good.

Er... coyfb.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sponsors and the soul of football on 10:41 - Jan 12 with 2832 viewsBluefish

Apparently we should all be desperate to be wolves but getting a sponsor is selling out

We must spend big and cheat ffp like the others but if we get a sponsor we should remember that we are still a family club

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Sponsors and the soul of football on 10:43 - Jan 12 with 2829 viewsDyland

Sponsors and the soul of football on 10:41 - Jan 12 by Bluefish

Apparently we should all be desperate to be wolves but getting a sponsor is selling out

We must spend big and cheat ffp like the others but if we get a sponsor we should remember that we are still a family club

Our new sponsor's logo is ridiculous. We now look like a circus troupe.

At least there's an opportunity for some gags somewhere in there.

Sponsors and the soul of football on 10:45 - Jan 12 with 2823 viewsJ2BLUE

I kind of agree. At times I watch Sky Sports News and wonder if the season is just the build up to the transfer windows. Sky constantly w@nking on about how record amounts have been spent.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sponsors and the soul of football on 10:45 - Jan 12 with 2823 viewsFinidiCentenary

Football is becoming it's own 'Hard Sun'.

We can all see the way it's headed. It's on a trajectory that is quite simply unstoppable unless the likes of FIFA intervene, which they won't because the game is heading away from romance, tradition and common sense and even further into the monetisation of the untapped worldwide markets. Those that could stop this from happening are the ones with the financial interest in it happening.

It's so sad that on one hand I enjoy ITFC not having given into this inevitable clusterf***, and holding out for so long, but at the same time that's one of the reasons why we are rotting in the Championship and it's dire to watch and a chore to attend.

It feels like we were one of a number of houses in a beautiful forest setting for 100 years, but all the other neighbours have now sold up and allowed grey factories to be built in their places. It doesn't matter now whether we carry on with our couple of trees among the smog or give in and sell out too. Both scenarios are awful.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

nicely put (n/t) on 10:46 - Jan 12 with 2811 viewsDyland

Sponsors and the soul of football on 10:45 - Jan 12 by FinidiCentenary

Football is becoming it's own 'Hard Sun'.

We can all see the way it's headed. It's on a trajectory that is quite simply unstoppable unless the likes of FIFA intervene, which they won't because the game is heading away from romance, tradition and common sense and even further into the monetisation of the untapped worldwide markets. Those that could stop this from happening are the ones with the financial interest in it happening.

It's so sad that on one hand I enjoy ITFC not having given into this inevitable clusterf***, and holding out for so long, but at the same time that's one of the reasons why we are rotting in the Championship and it's dire to watch and a chore to attend.

It feels like we were one of a number of houses in a beautiful forest setting for 100 years, but all the other neighbours have now sold up and allowed grey factories to be built in their places. It doesn't matter now whether we carry on with our couple of trees among the smog or give in and sell out too. Both scenarios are awful.

Sponsors and the soul of football on 12:20 - Jan 12 with 2737 viewsJohnny_Boy

Surely selling the soul of a club is only acceptable if the amount pumped-in is extravagant enough.

£600k a season sounds cheap to me. Almost as cheap as the poorly Photoshopped Magic Vegas logo.

Of course, I don't have £600k or £2m just lying around, but you can't tell me there isn't a local Suffolk company or start-up which could have matched the amount. At least keep it local.

Would anyone really be bothered if Qatari owners splurged £200m into our club?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 12:22]
Sponsors and the soul of football on 12:22 - Jan 12 with 2729 viewsLord_Lucan

It all started with Pioneer.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sponsors and the soul of football on 12:34 - Jan 12 with 2703 viewsKeaneish

Sponsors and the soul of football on 10:45 - Jan 12 by J2BLUE

I kind of agree. At times I watch Sky Sports News and wonder if the season is just the build up to the transfer windows. Sky constantly w@nking on about how record amounts have been spent.

I can't do Sky any more. Cancelled my account. Sick of the circus and the monotonous cliched noise from pundits, commentators and the talentless presenters with their witless banter. Life is much more peaceful without it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Sponsors and the soul of football on 14:21 - Jan 12 with 2671 viewsBerkshire_Blue

Sky Bet on the sleeves, Magical Vegas on the front, can it get any more irresponsible?
Sponsors and the soul of football on 14:26 - Jan 12 with 2664 viewsnshearman1

Sponsors and the soul of football on 14:21 - Jan 12 by Berkshire_Blue

Sky Bet on the sleeves, Magical Vegas on the front, can it get any more irresponsible?

Personally, I've had enough. I won't be going to any more Town games under Evans. Is there an Evans Out campaign group yet? We are indeed a bunch of circus clowns under him.
Sponsors and the soul of football on 14:48 - Jan 12 with 2647 viewsBent_double

Sponsors and the soul of football on 12:20 - Jan 12 by Johnny_Boy

Surely selling the soul of a club is only acceptable if the amount pumped-in is extravagant enough.

£600k a season sounds cheap to me. Almost as cheap as the poorly Photoshopped Magic Vegas logo.

Of course, I don't have £600k or £2m just lying around, but you can't tell me there isn't a local Suffolk company or start-up which could have matched the amount. At least keep it local.

I would. It's not the way forward for clubs like us, or football in general.

Let ManCity, ManUre, Real Madrid, Barca et al go down that route and disappear up their own backsides. I wouldn't even be too bothered if the PL announced tomorrow that it was becoming a closed league with no relegation or promotion from the Championship.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Sponsors and the soul of football on 18:26 - Jan 12 with 2579 viewsRonFearonsHair

Sponsors and the soul of football on 12:20 - Jan 12 by Johnny_Boy

£600k a season probably doesn't even cover the lost ticket sales that Evans' mismanagement of the club has caused.
Sponsors and the soul of football on 18:28 - Jan 12 with 2575 viewsTrequartista

I blame Leo Muff

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Sponsors and the soul of football on 18:32 - Jan 12 with 2568 viewsLord_Lucan

Sponsors and the soul of football on 18:28 - Jan 12 by Trequartista

I blame Leo Muff

And Broad Oak Farm sausages.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Sponsors and the soul of football on 18:47 - Jan 12 with 2545 viewsTrequartista

Sponsors and the soul of football on 18:32 - Jan 12 by Lord_Lucan

And Broad Oak Farm sausages.

Parrot Records

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Sponsors and the soul of football on 18:59 - Jan 12 with 2533 viewsLord_Lucan

Sponsors and the soul of football on 18:47 - Jan 12 by Trequartista

Parrot Records

Actually I sponsored the scoreboard once, I had forgotten about that. I nicked it from Hawk Express. I also had a sizeable board advert think in pioneer stand. I was in the process of selling the business when the contract was up so I didn’t renew. The board though stayed up for another four years as they had no one to take the slot over. I reckon half of the advert boards aren’t paid for.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024