Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
COYB! 22:51 - Jan 12 with 1529 viewsSitfcB

Mick is up for the game tomorrow and so should you! He wants to win and is gonna go for it so get behind the lads!!

Every time I watch an MM pre-match presser I almost always feel sorry for him, he's been here a long time, and more or less done a brilliant job in his whole tenure. From the way he sounds he's definitely off in the summer, part of me feels sad about this and part of me feels excited for the change.

The sad part is because like I say, he's been here a while and part of our club, he'll always be embedded in our history, some of the stick he's got over the last year or so is uncalled for. He cares and wants us to do well just as we all do. He's built up a little empire, bringing youth through, deleveloped and nurtured them for five years.

Change is refreshing, I, as others have said, am worried what sort of replacement we'll get. What Road will. ME go down? The experienced route, like MM, again. Or the inexperienced younger manager?

He's taken a lot of slack because of Marcus Evans, as we all know, there's been thousands of words written over these pages on the subject.

The excited part of me looks forward to the change because hopefully it will reunite, most of, the fans and we can have a little bit of harmony (For how long though?) and sometimes a change can work (but it doesn't always). That's about it for the excited part really.

I do enjoy MM and I think if we were to finish this season strongly, he'll walk away and the thing he's built up over the years will come crumbling down, will it be replaced by a sparkling new skyscraper, or left to overgrow and become a wasteland? Who knows.

This season is far from over, a few wins and hopefully we'll be challenging for sixth, some will say it's blind optimism but I think as a Town fan you need the blue tinted glasses.

I really wish I was better at putting all my thoughts down in writing, it makes more sense in my head than it probably does typed up haha! I haven't re-read, can't be bothered. TL;DR.

COYB!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 22:52]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

COYB! on 23:02 - Jan 12 with 1495 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Agree with your general sentiments, as for the likely longer term future my money would be on......

rather than........

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

COYB! on 23:11 - Jan 12 with 1484 viewsCurrie10

What I'm about to say will probably annoy the hell into many of you on here but I'll say it anyway - IF Evans backs the new manager - like you I believe Mick will be off in the summer - to a distinctly higher amount than he has with Mick during his five year reign here - I will be absolutely LIVID.

There is absolutely no doubt Mick will be off this summer to me - and on the basis that Evans is probably going to visibly interms of transfer fees invest a little more this coming summer like he did last - free transfer + loanees being the way we're likely to go - you'd imagine it would be a very very safe pair of hands.

If Evans were to go for perhaps Clarke at Bristol Rovers, the Shrewsbury gafa or someone more of a risk with a limited budget - with many more expansive manager probably wanting to shift quite a few of ours out and bring more technical players in, then I'm not sure how that will go down.

Not to say there isn't life after Mick - of course there is.

As for the season not being over - I'm going to say from my point of view - SHOULD we lose tomorrow, to me it will be. We'd be 10 points off with a worse goal difference, we won't be making up 11 points the rest of the season for the following reasons -
* Bucket loads of injuries.
* Rivals are likely to strengthen more than us - Sheff Utd for instance signed two this week.
* We're more likely to have a WORSE side after the deadline than we do now - rumours Bart/McGoldrick could both be off in January.

Of course, should we win the game we could go 4 off, with a worse goal difference which would give us an outside chance.

So now I've said that, it's got draw written all over it......
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 23:15]
COYB! on 23:12 - Jan 12 with 1476 viewsDarkHorse

I admire your optimism, but... Mick's crap; he won't leave at the end of the season; if he does he'll be replaced with Harry Redknapp; we'll play for a 0-0 tomorrow and lose; the season is over, we'll finish where we are now.

That's the truth.

Night
COYB! on 23:16 - Jan 12 with 1464 viewsSitfcB

COYB! on 23:12 - Jan 12 by DarkHorse

I admire your optimism, but... Mick's crap; he won't leave at the end of the season; if he does he'll be replaced with Harry Redknapp; we'll play for a 0-0 tomorrow and lose; the season is over, we'll finish where we are now.

That's the truth.

Night

He will.

That won't happen.

No we won't, he wants to win, he said it's a big game and we need to win.

We'll win.

Season not over.

Finish 6-10

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024