Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
when does the transfer window slam shut? 16:49 - Jan 17 with 2651 viewsIllinoisblue

how many days left for us not to strengthen the squad?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 16:50 - Jan 17 with 2645 viewsPJH

or sell Bart another 5 times.
when does the transfer window slam shut? on 16:52 - Jan 17 with 2631 viewsJimmyJazz

Unless you think we have a genuine shot at the play-offs then why buy someone now? Especially if MM is leaving in the summer

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 17:03 - Jan 17 with 2617 viewsIllinoisblue

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 16:52 - Jan 17 by JimmyJazz

Unless you think we have a genuine shot at the play-offs then why buy someone now? Especially if MM is leaving in the summer

generally, if you look back through football history, clubs have tended to try and propel themselves forward. Not many clubs like to tread water and fade away into obscurity. But good on us for giving it a shot eh?

62 - 78 - 81

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 17:50 - Jan 17 with 2565 viewsHerbivore

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 17:03 - Jan 17 by Illinoisblue

generally, if you look back through football history, clubs have tended to try and propel themselves forward. Not many clubs like to tread water and fade away into obscurity. But good on us for giving it a shot eh?

It's an fair point though. We could do with a couple of loan signings but wanting both (a) Mick to go in the summer and (b) us to spend money on permanent signings this month is incompatible. Decent players are unlikely to want to come here not knowing who will be in charge next season and ME isn't going to use the limited funds he's prepared to put in to fund signings a new manager might not want. Permanent signings for any kind of fee will be a good indicator that Mick is staying, which won't please many people.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 18:33 - Jan 17 with 2519 viewsIllinoisblue

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 17:50 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

It's an fair point though. We could do with a couple of loan signings but wanting both (a) Mick to go in the summer and (b) us to spend money on permanent signings this month is incompatible. Decent players are unlikely to want to come here not knowing who will be in charge next season and ME isn't going to use the limited funds he's prepared to put in to fund signings a new manager might not want. Permanent signings for any kind of fee will be a good indicator that Mick is staying, which won't please many people.

and once again it all points back to Evans' lack of leadership and planning. Allowing the manager to decide if/when he goes is absurd here as it is at Arsenal. In the meantime, we're looking good for a crack at 15th place.

62 - 78 - 81

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 18:53 - Jan 17 with 2477 viewsJ2BLUE

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 17:50 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

It is a fair point but looking back over the last 6-8 windows we come up with reasons to excuse the club every time.

When will it be right to criticise? I'm expecting a loan centre back this month. I'm not going to kick off if that is all we get but at some point the fans that buy season tickets on the back of vague hints and bluster from Milne have the right to ask questions

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 23:08 - Jan 17 with 2386 viewsHerbivore

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 18:53 - Jan 17 by J2BLUE

It is a fair point but looking back over the last 6-8 windows we come up with reasons to excuse the club every time.

When will it be right to criticise? I'm expecting a loan centre back this month. I'm not going to kick off if that is all we get but at some point the fans that buy season tickets on the back of vague hints and bluster from Milne have the right to ask questions

The majority of people that complain loudly aren't season ticket holders. Frustrating as it is it's rather hard to criticise someone who's subsidising the club by several million a year just to keep us half competitive at this level.

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 23:19 - Jan 17 with 2367 viewsHerbivore

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 18:33 - Jan 17 by Illinoisblue

and once again it all points back to Evans' lack of leadership and planning. Allowing the manager to decide if/when he goes is absurd here as it is at Arsenal. In the meantime, we're looking good for a crack at 15th place.

The manager isn't deciding when he leaves though. I'm not sure where this nonsense has come from, someone said it once and now it gets repeated endlessly. Mick's contract is up in the summer and it'll be down to the owner whether to offer a new one or not, it won't be Mick's call unless ME does decide to offer him a new deal.

Dull as our predicament is, last season was Mick's only bad one in 5 years and we're doing fairly well this season. Most felt he should have gone last summer following that one bad season and I actually agree with that, but he didn't and there's no point moaning about it when this season has been an improvement.

Given your thoughts on the lack of direction do you think we should have got rid of Mick in December so a new manager could come in and spend? Go back to the 16th of December after we'd just dispatched Reading and not many would have agreed with you. That poor run (all of which, QPR asides were tough, tough games) has thrown everyone into a pit of despair again and nobody can remember that just 4 weeks or so ago the consensus was we were having a good season and Mick should see it out.

As for the finishing 15th, that's just blub level posting and you're better than that.

Login to get fewer ads

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 23:33 - Jan 17 with 2345 viewsArnieM

Herb, it’s McCarthy’s spin on the situation! Again, it’s all about him being in control of his destiny ( as he sees it). The guy is SO arrogant that he can’t / won’t accept that someone else can pull that trigger and end his time here.

McCarthy is so “history”, come the summer. I think that’s why he looks so pushed off now. He will still leave under the guise of amicable departure. Load of crap that it is.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 00:48 - Jan 18 with 2304 viewsharlingblue

January 31st at 11 pm the transfer window slams shut.
Might be in the playoff zone by then, with or without new signings?
The Academy is starting to produce, and next year could bear more fruit,
what is required at the moment is more support for the team at PR and on this Forum.
when does the transfer window slam shut? on 04:22 - Jan 18 with 2266 viewsBenters2

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 00:48 - Jan 18 by harlingblue

January 31st at 11 pm the transfer window slams shut.
Might be in the playoff zone by then, with or without new signings?
The Academy is starting to produce, and next year could bear more fruit,
what is required at the moment is more support for the team at PR and on this Forum.

Well said on getting behind the boys it worked on Saturday!

10-12 place town will finish it doesn't really matter where we are in the table on Jan 31st
when does the transfer window slam shut? on 08:47 - Jan 18 with 2196 viewsHerbivore

when does the transfer window slam shut? on 23:33 - Jan 17 by ArnieM

Herb, it’s McCarthy’s spin on the situation! Again, it’s all about him being in control of his destiny ( as he sees it). The guy is SO arrogant that he can’t / won’t accept that someone else can pull that trigger and end his time here.

McCarthy is so “history”, come the summer. I think that’s why he looks so pushed off now. He will still leave under the guise of amicable departure. Load of crap that it is.

It's not his spin on the situation at all, he answered one question some months ago where he was asked about his Town future beyond this season and he said it would be his decision whether he stayed or not if ME offered him an extension. That is entirely accurate but has been repeatedly misrepresented until we now get this nonsense line constantly trotted out that it is Mick deciding when he will leave. ME will be the one deciding on whether he is here beyond the end of the season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024