Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday 11:59 - Feb 19 with 6655 viewsGuthrum

Was Garner flinging himself to the floor at every opportunity (then Iorfa caught the disease, too). He was far too blatant, the ref had clearly stopped believing him very early on.

He should stay on his feet, try to shoot, pass, punt the ball off a defender for a corner. Almost anything would be more productive then falling over and merely giving away the ball or a goal kick. This isn't the Prem, penalties are not that easy to win.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:04 - Feb 19 with 5287 viewshomer_123

Don't get me started (again) on Garner.

I've posted, pretty much from the the word go, that he spends more time on the ground than he does on his feet. The problem with this is two fold. He's on the ground and not on his feet and therefore cannot contribute - the other is that he wants a foul 'every single time' and refs soon cotton on.

Don't get me wrong, it's been a while since we had a player in the refs ear throughout (Magic) but by heck it pisses me off.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:04 - Feb 19 with 5272 viewsHerbivore

Agreed, he does it too often when if he stayed on his feet he'd have a good chance of getting the ball and keeping the attack going. The issue is that he becomes the boy who cried wolf as well so that when he is actually fouled he doesn't always get it because he throws himself down at every challenge. I don't mind him buying the odd free kick but it can't be the only thing he has in his locker.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:08 - Feb 19 with 5247 viewsSWGF

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:04 - Feb 19 by homer_123

I've posted, pretty much from the the word go, that he spends more time on the ground than he does on his feet. The problem with this is two fold. He's on the ground and not on his feet and therefore cannot contribute - the other is that he wants a foul 'every single time' and refs soon cotton on.

Don't get me wrong, it's been a while since we had a player in the refs ear throughout (Magic) but by heck it pisses me off.

What annoys me is that he often does it when there's ample opportunity to bring the ball down and set-up an attack. As you say, refs aren't (believe it or not) stupid, on the whole. And as fans, we can see when there's nothing in it so it's difficult to defend it.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:10 - Feb 19 with 5240 viewsmonty_radio

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:04 - Feb 19 by homer_123

Yet Magilton was not ultimately defined by that, but by the fact that he ran football games. Here we have a player who's game is based on physicality, but lacking in the supplementary skills.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:19 - Feb 19 with 5181 viewsGarv

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:08 - Feb 19 by SWGF

What annoys me is that he often does it when there's ample opportunity to bring the ball down and set-up an attack. As you say, refs aren't (believe it or not) stupid, on the whole. And as fans, we can see when there's nothing in it so it's difficult to defend it.

Mick was fuming at him for going over and not keeping possession.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:24 - Feb 19 with 5152 viewsGuthrum

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:19 - Feb 19 by Garv

Moreover, by getting a yellow, thus risking a later red in a tight, battling derby game, he forced McCarthy to use up a substitution.

Perhaps he should be blamed for Celina not getting on, instead of the manager?

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:24 - Feb 19 with 5146 viewschristiand

Yes I agree Guthrum. Garner needs to stay on his feet more instead of just throwing himself to the ground soon as he is touched. Hold the ball up man and bring others into the game. Why throw yourself to the ground in a dangerous position in the hope that 'maybe' the referee will give a free kick? I bet the officials decline to give decisions in his favour as they just get infuriated by his play acting. Hope MM has a quiet word in Garner's ear and tells him to man up.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:36 - Feb 19 with 5099 viewsGuthrum

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:24 - Feb 19 by christiand

Yes I agree Guthrum. Garner needs to stay on his feet more instead of just throwing himself to the ground soon as he is touched. Hold the ball up man and bring others into the game. Why throw yourself to the ground in a dangerous position in the hope that 'maybe' the referee will give a free kick? I bet the officials decline to give decisions in his favour as they just get infuriated by his play acting. Hope MM has a quiet word in Garner's ear and tells him to man up.

Holding the ball up was one of Murphy's main skills. It's vital in order to give others time to get up in support.

Login to get fewer ads

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:42 - Feb 19 with 5080 viewschristiand

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:36 - Feb 19 by Guthrum

Holding the ball up was one of Murphy's main skills. It's vital in order to give others time to get up in support.

I know some don't like to admit it, but we really do still play that way. Garner looks a tough little individual, I just can't understand why he keeps doing it though? As you say Guthrum we need him to hold the ball up to allow others to get forward to support in attack. Why just give the ball back cheaply to opponents by throwing yourself to the ground and the ref waves play on?

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 13:17 - Feb 19 with 5006 viewsRyorry

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:19 - Feb 19 by Garv

Lack of discipline, can't think why G doesn't follow good example set by his manager ... oh ...

Sorry!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 13:19 - Feb 19 with 4996 viewschristiand

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 13:17 - Feb 19 by Ryorry

Lack of discipline, can't think why G doesn't follow good example set by his manager ... oh ...

Sorry!

Behave yourself Ryorry!!!!

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 13:22 - Feb 19 with 4978 viewsRyorry

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 13:19 - Feb 19 by christiand

Behave yourself Ryorry!!!!

^Does a Mick impersonation^

Nothing personal Christiand

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 13:32 - Feb 19 with 4935 viewsDarkHorse

He's basically Pablo on a bad day.
One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 13:34 - Feb 19 with 4930 viewsRadlett_blue

Alan Lee was pretty adept at knowing when to try to "win" a free kick & when to stay on his feet. He was also good at winding up opponents, while cute enough usually to stay on the right side of officials when at Town, though he did pick up a couple of red cards when at Huddersfield.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 13:38 - Feb 19 with 4909 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Garner was nowhere near as bad as Iofra's ridiculous dive in the first half. Was lucky not to have been booked for it, it was obvious enough to make me laugh out loud when he did it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 13:43 - Feb 19 with 4894 viewsitfcjoe

He doesn't react to the officiating of the game, when you are getting nothing then you just need to hold yourself back as is pointless

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 14:19 - Feb 19 with 4834 viewsRadlett_blue

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 13:38 - Feb 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

Garner was nowhere near as bad as Iofra's ridiculous dive in the first half. Was lucky not to have been booked for it, it was obvious enough to make me laugh out loud when he did it.

A defender did put his hand or Iorfa's shoulder which was technically a foul, but if free kicks were given for that, you'd have 10 penalties in every game.

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 14:22 - Feb 19 with 4822 viewsmonty_radio

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 13:34 - Feb 19 by Radlett_blue

Alan Lee was pretty adept at knowing when to try to "win" a free kick & when to stay on his feet. He was also good at winding up opponents, while cute enough usually to stay on the right side of officials when at Town, though he did pick up a couple of red cards when at Huddersfield.

Bigger unit, as they say. Tougher for Garner, the playground littl'un looking to pick a fight.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 14:24 - Feb 19 with 4802 viewssparks

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 14:19 - Feb 19 by Radlett_blue

A defender did put his hand or Iorfa's shoulder which was technically a foul, but if free kicks were given for that, you'd have 10 penalties in every game.

Contact is not a foul

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 15:22 - Feb 19 with 4711 viewsRadlett_blue

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 14:24 - Feb 19 by sparks

Contact is not a foul

No, but holding is.

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 17:33 - Feb 19 with 4570 viewssparks

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 15:22 - Feb 19 by Radlett_blue

No, but holding is.

Only if it impedes.

In this instance, there was neither holding or impeding. Should have been booked for it, as should Garner.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 17:33]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 17:52 - Feb 19 with 4535 viewsm14_blue

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 17:33 - Feb 19 by sparks

Only if it impedes.

In this instance, there was neither holding or impeding. Should have been booked for it, as should Garner.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 17:33]

Yes, I hate seeing our players go down like that.

It's completely ubiquitous now, people literally dive in park football, kids do it, big ugly English centre backs do it.

It's depressing.
One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 18:20 - Feb 19 with 4494 viewshampstead_blue

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 13:34 - Feb 19 by Radlett_blue

Maybe get Allan Lee to do some role play and be a defender and give Garner a good kick up the backside.

He could be a really good player if he stayed upright......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 18:24 - Feb 19 with 4490 viewsblue75

He’s one of those players I don’t like it he was more like Kuqi or Alan Lee he’d be a hero at our club always dives instead of trying to score he could be sent off most games if a red had the balls.

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 18:25 - Feb 19 with 4486 viewsBackToRussia

Was Garner not fit yesterday? Otherwise he really has no excuse.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024