Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucan - Tickets for the Stones 17:07 - Feb 27 with 3630 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just got mine. Are you going this year?

Probably the last time they will perform.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 17:11 - Feb 27 with 3619 viewsartsbossbeard

Keith Richards denied that this would be their last time in an interview on R6 this morning. Something along the lines of I can understand it if Elton wants to make it his last tour but that's not for us.

Maybe their last time, but I don't know.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 17:15 - Feb 27 with 3615 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 17:11 - Feb 27 by artsbossbeard

Keith Richards denied that this would be their last time in an interview on R6 this morning. Something along the lines of I can understand it if Elton wants to make it his last tour but that's not for us.

Maybe their last time, but I don't know.

In fairness I've been saying this must be the last tour ever since Steel Wheels.

How the fcuk Keef is still with us is one of life's great mysteries.

Iron Lion Zion

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 17:18 - Feb 27 with 3609 viewsartsbossbeard

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 17:15 - Feb 27 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness I've been saying this must be the last tour ever since Steel Wheels.

How the fcuk Keef is still with us is one of life's great mysteries.

Apparently, they've finally given in and are not planning to take their full size, pro regulation, slate snooker table on this cross-continent tour..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 17:41 - Feb 27 with 3565 viewsEJP

Out of interest, how much are the tickets?
Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 17:46 - Feb 27 with 3549 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 17:41 - Feb 27 by EJP

Out of interest, how much are the tickets?

£89 for standing.

Iron Lion Zion

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 18:03 - Feb 27 with 3531 viewsfloridablue

It was on my 'bucket list' for years to see the Stones live and finally got to see them in the Orlando Bowl Stadium a couple of years ago, made me proud to be British! Off to see Grateful Dead tonight, obviously without Jerry!
Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 18:14 - Feb 27 with 3490 viewsEJP

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 17:46 - Feb 27 by GlasgowBlue

£89 for standing.

Thanks! Cheaper than I thought.
Admittedly there’s probably £20 worth of fees on top of that...
Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 18:14 - Feb 27 with 3489 viewsPJH

If it is "The Last Time"will they end with "All Over Now"?
Login to get fewer ads

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 18:14 - Feb 27 with 3489 viewsFtnfwest

Waiting for them to add on Knebworth. Haven’t seen them since bill was still in the band
Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 20:23 - Feb 27 with 3378 viewsLord_Lucan

I know this sounds a bit off the scale but a friend of mine was best buddies with Bobby Keys and is pally with Keith Richards. He text me a few weeks ago that they were doing UK. I was quite surprised to be honest and forgot all about it until my Scum in Law text me the dates. I got an email yesterday with an early purchase offer but circumstances mean I'm not sure where I will see them and who else is going.

I'll probably just turn up at Stratford and get some off a tout.

They won't stop performing until they are all dead IMHO.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 20:25 - Feb 27 with 3369 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 18:14 - Feb 27 by EJP

Thanks! Cheaper than I thought.
Admittedly there’s probably £20 worth of fees on top of that...

I think it was £10 booking fee and £2.50 processing. Something like that.

I got a pre order code before the general sale.

Iron Lion Zion

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 20:48 - Feb 27 with 3354 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 20:23 - Feb 27 by Lord_Lucan

I know this sounds a bit off the scale but a friend of mine was best buddies with Bobby Keys and is pally with Keith Richards. He text me a few weeks ago that they were doing UK. I was quite surprised to be honest and forgot all about it until my Scum in Law text me the dates. I got an email yesterday with an early purchase offer but circumstances mean I'm not sure where I will see them and who else is going.

I'll probably just turn up at Stratford and get some off a tout.

They won't stop performing until they are all dead IMHO.

I got them off a tout at Murrayfield in 1998. Some of my favourite gigs have been last minute decisions where I have just turned up on the day.

Iron Lion Zion

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 21:25 - Feb 27 with 3319 viewsLord_Lucan

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 20:48 - Feb 27 by GlasgowBlue

I got them off a tout at Murrayfield in 1998. Some of my favourite gigs have been last minute decisions where I have just turned up on the day.

Before I got old I always bought tickets off touts near to kick off time as they were usually cheaper, in fact only Stones and Floyd were dearer - although I didn't want to chance my arm with them so I had pre bought tickets. I paid just £5 to see Bowie and might mate got one for a quid.

One of my favourite gigs was Roger Waters at Hyde Park, the family and I went to see Chilli Peppers at FPR and decided in the pub after to go and see Waters, it was a fantastic day, and it was great to see him with Wife, both kids an son in law.

We all went to Stones last time out as well with some other friends an man alive it was one of the days I'll never forget in my life - everyone to a tee was completely mashed.

The man can never take those days away.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 22:31 - Feb 27 with 3235 viewsRadlett_blue

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 21:25 - Feb 27 by Lord_Lucan

Before I got old I always bought tickets off touts near to kick off time as they were usually cheaper, in fact only Stones and Floyd were dearer - although I didn't want to chance my arm with them so I had pre bought tickets. I paid just £5 to see Bowie and might mate got one for a quid.

One of my favourite gigs was Roger Waters at Hyde Park, the family and I went to see Chilli Peppers at FPR and decided in the pub after to go and see Waters, it was a fantastic day, and it was great to see him with Wife, both kids an son in law.

We all went to Stones last time out as well with some other friends an man alive it was one of the days I'll never forget in my life - everyone to a tee was completely mashed.

The man can never take those days away.

I rarely deal with touts, but I turned up to the old Wembley Stadium in July 1985 hoping to nab a ticket for Springsteen as apparently there had been plenty going on the 2 previous days. Tickets were £14:50 face value & a Scouser offered me one for £20. I thought I could do better so let it go & didn't see another offer all day so missed the gig.
One of the poorer decisions in my life.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 22:52 - Feb 27 with 3223 viewsLord_Lucan

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 22:31 - Feb 27 by Radlett_blue

I rarely deal with touts, but I turned up to the old Wembley Stadium in July 1985 hoping to nab a ticket for Springsteen as apparently there had been plenty going on the 2 previous days. Tickets were £14:50 face value & a Scouser offered me one for £20. I thought I could do better so let it go & didn't see another offer all day so missed the gig.
One of the poorer decisions in my life.

Must admit that's strange.

I nearly went to that gig as well - but decided against it at the last moment. I'm not a big Springsteen fan, although I understand he does phenomenal gigs.

One of my poorest decisions was to go to an employees wedding instead of going to see Fleetwood Mac. The sod then ripped me off.

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 07:59 - Feb 28 with 3106 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 22:52 - Feb 27 by Lord_Lucan

Must admit that's strange.

I nearly went to that gig as well - but decided against it at the last moment. I'm not a big Springsteen fan, although I understand he does phenomenal gigs.

One of my poorest decisions was to go to an employees wedding instead of going to see Fleetwood Mac. The sod then ripped me off.

The Mac are probably the last big act on by bucket list.

Iron Lion Zion

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 08:17 - Feb 28 with 3088 viewsLord_Lucan

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 07:59 - Feb 28 by GlasgowBlue

Mac and Supertramp are mine.

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 08:32 - Feb 28 with 3075 viewsRadlett_blue

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 08:17 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

Don't bother with Supertramp from what I've heard - none of them can sing & they're pretty rubbish these days. Catch Roger Hodgson instead - he tours quite extensively, he can still sing & he usually has a decent backing band & plays pretty much exclusively the best of Supertramp.

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 08:36 - Feb 28 with 3065 viewsartsbossbeard

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 08:17 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

You do know that there's been some "new" bands since? I think stereo was invented to.

In complete contradiction, I heard Talk Talk on the wireless yesterday, I'd have love to have seen them in their pomp. What a band!

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 08:39 - Feb 28 with 3059 viewsRadlett_blue

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 08:36 - Feb 28 by artsbossbeard

You do know that there's been some "new" bands since? I think stereo was invented to.

In complete contradiction, I heard Talk Talk on the wireless yesterday, I'd have love to have seen them in their pomp. What a band!

Their broadband service is pretty poor though, I'm told.

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 08:45 - Feb 28 with 3050 viewsLord_Lucan

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 08:36 - Feb 28 by artsbossbeard

If you spent as much time watching proper bands as you do searching out new fangled rubbish like some reborn hipster trying to recapture your youth, you might be a bit more chilled out and have a better live and let live attitude.

The last time I went to a gig with you it was on Beard Tours and we missed the band.

Ask STW what he thought about The Stones and AC/DC - on Lucan Tour watch.

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 08:49 - Feb 28 with 3044 viewsblueislander

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 07:59 - Feb 28 by GlasgowBlue

You may struggle to see Fleetwood Mac now. John McVie has cancer, and Idon't think Christine will tour with them again. Having said that Lyndsey Buckingham , and Stevie Nicks are still worth seeing. I was fortunate to see the complete line up 3 years ago at the NEC.
On another "look at me", I first saw The Stones at Ipswich Gaumont in 1964, bottom of the bill headlined by The Everlys, Little Richard and Bo Diddley.
Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 09:18 - Feb 28 with 3018 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lucan - Tickets for the Stones on 08:49 - Feb 28 by blueislander

You may struggle to see Fleetwood Mac now. John McVie has cancer, and Idon't think Christine will tour with them again. Having said that Lyndsey Buckingham , and Stevie Nicks are still worth seeing. I was fortunate to see the complete line up 3 years ago at the NEC.
On another "look at me", I first saw The Stones at Ipswich Gaumont in 1964, bottom of the bill headlined by The Everlys, Little Richard and Bo Diddley.

They said there would be a tour this year although the health issues you mention may preclude that.

I saw the Stones in 1963 or 1964 whilst in my pram. My mum was a singer who had just got married so used her contacts to book shows. She booked the Stones and Tom Jones. Apparently I was at both shows as a baby.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024