Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound 19:19 - Mar 5 with 22277 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/05/target-wealthy-baby-boomers-say

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:22 - Mar 5 with 6669 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Go down the 15p tax route. It's not fair to tax the retired
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 19:22]
Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:27 - Mar 5 with 6650 viewsSteve_M

I like Willetts as a politician prepared to think and float genuine ideas. He's looking had this view about generational imbalances too and he's right that it's a problem.

Not sure there's a solution that works electorally though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:30 - Mar 5 with 6640 viewsgiant_stow

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:27 - Mar 5 by Steve_M

I like Willetts as a politician prepared to think and float genuine ideas. He's looking had this view about generational imbalances too and he's right that it's a problem.

Its all brave stuff innit. Surprising that it's taken a Tory too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:33 - Mar 5 with 6635 viewsgiant_stow

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:22 - Mar 5 by FrowsyArmLarry

Go down the 15p tax route. It's not fair to tax the retired
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 19:22]

Sounds like slavery to me.

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:40 - Mar 5 with 6616 viewsBlueBadger

And an additional 5p Brexit surcharge if you voted 'leave'...

[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 19:40]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:53 - Mar 5 with 6593 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:30 - Mar 5 by giant_stow

Its all brave stuff innit. Surprising that it's taken a Tory too.

Not surprising that it’s taken a Tory to think of ways to charge more tax. It’s what they do.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:55 - Mar 5 with 6587 viewsBlueBadger

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:53 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

Not surprising that it’s taken a Tory to think of ways to charge more tax. It’s what they do.

Buckle up, there's a ten-pager inbound.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:00 - Mar 5 with 6584 viewsRyorry

How's that supposed to work when pensioner home-owners are often asset rich, cash poor, and on a low fixed income? Where are they supposed to find the extra money from?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:03 - Mar 5 with 6570 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:55 - Mar 5 by BlueBadger

Buckle up, there's a ten-pager inbound.

True though!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:03 - Mar 5 with 6570 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:00 - Mar 5 by Ryorry

How's that supposed to work when pensioner home-owners are often asset rich, cash poor, and on a low fixed income? Where are they supposed to find the extra money from?

They are supposed to give their houses to the government and then, hopefully, die.
Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:05 - Mar 5 with 6562 viewsSpruceMoose

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:03 - Mar 5 by FrowsyArmLarry

They are supposed to give their houses to the government and then, hopefully, die.

Finally, a plan we can all get behind!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:05 - Mar 5 with 6562 viewsRyorry

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:03 - Mar 5 by FrowsyArmLarry

Cheers

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:37 - Mar 5 with 6529 viewsfactual_blue

Or reverse the swingeing cuts in Corporation Tax.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:42 - Mar 5 with 6513 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:37 - Mar 5 by factual_blue

Or reverse the swingeing cuts in Corporation Tax.....

and see companies headquarter in Dublin and Zurich?
Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:58 - Mar 5 with 6490 viewsJ2BLUE

We'll do neither and increase borrowing to cover it. Governments are too scared to pass tax rises. There was evidence to suggest the Lib Dem NHS proposal would have had widespread support but because our political system is so broken no party dares do it because the other parties, knowing it was needed, would rather score points.

There's no reason baby boomers couldn't contribute in various ways.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 21:28 - Mar 5 with 6432 viewsPinewoodblue

In percentage terms pensions have risen by less than the increased cost of a pint since 2000. We are living in an age when more and more pensioners find they have to continue working beyond retirement age.

There is a generation between Baby Boomers and so called millennials, I think They are known as Generation X.

Quite frankly this is an attempt to attract the younger voter and cannot see it working.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 21:30 - Mar 5 with 6424 viewstcblue

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:42 - Mar 5 by FrowsyArmLarry

and see companies headquarter in Dublin and Zurich?

Did you vote for Brexit?
Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 22:24 - Mar 5 with 6365 viewstractordownsouth

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:40 - Mar 5 by BlueBadger

And an additional 5p Brexit surcharge if you voted 'leave'...

[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 19:40]

Blimey, at that rate Benters will be joining the back of the famous council house queue

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 22:31 - Mar 5 with 6352 viewsBloomBlue

They should cut all tax, look at Luxembourg no tax and everyone in the country enjoys the same level of wealth
Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 23:03 - Mar 5 with 6301 viewstractordownsouth

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 22:31 - Mar 5 by BloomBlue

They should cut all tax, look at Luxembourg no tax and everyone in the country enjoys the same level of wealth

So cutting tax results in communism? That's a new one

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 23:56 - Mar 5 with 6262 viewsBlueBadger

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 22:24 - Mar 5 by tractordownsouth

Blimey, at that rate Benters will be joining the back of the famous council house queue

Yeah, but there'll be no foreigners or experts to occupy them, so he'll be well in.

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 08:06 - Mar 6 with 6141 viewsfactual_blue

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 22:31 - Mar 5 by BloomBlue

Luxembourg isn't even a tax haven.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 08:13 - Mar 6 with 6132 viewschicoazul

There has to be some way to release all this wealth Boomers sit on. They were the luckiest generation in British history and had it incredibly easy compared to people from the same class today. Working class Boomers could buy houses had jobs for life or a long time and excellent pension provision.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 08:15 - Mar 6 with 6128 viewschicoazul

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 20:00 - Mar 5 by Ryorry

Some form of tax when you sell your home combined with an incentive for them to do so which would release larger homes for families.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 08:16 - Mar 6 with 6128 viewsitfcjoe

Tax baby boomers houses or up income tax by 15p in the pound on 19:27 - Mar 5 by Steve_M

Solutions like this really need to be considered cross party and agreed upon, rather than being used as electoral battle grounds.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024