Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? 13:58 - Apr 18 with 2343 viewsPJH

I have just been wading through some old and very old memorabilia and autographs in my collection and discovered several autographs that I had forgotten that I had got.
All from the early to mid 1960's including, of course, the English League Champions from 1961/62.

[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 15:17]
Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 14:32 - Apr 18 with 2301 viewsKieran_Knows

That's nothing compared to my signed, match worn Pim Balkestein boots.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 14:41 - Apr 18 with 2290 viewsPJH

Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 14:32 - Apr 18 by Kieran_Knows

That's nothing compared to my signed, match worn Pim Balkestein boots.

Well, my son has got a match worn signed Darren Ambrose shirt.
Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 14:44 - Apr 18 with 2288 viewsJETPower

I haven't, but I did vaguely work on his autobiography The Way It Was, which is excellent. Such a different era, it's unbelievable really.
Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 14:49 - Apr 18 with 2282 viewsPJH

Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 14:44 - Apr 18 by JETPower

I haven't, but I did vaguely work on his autobiography The Way It Was, which is excellent. Such a different era, it's unbelievable really.

Yes, he made his one and only appearance at Portman Road in 1964 at age 49.
I did not get his signed photos then though, I used to send photos off to various players with a request for autographs and including an SAE.
Almost always got signed photos back.

I did get a lot of my autographs either when teams arrived at PR or when they came out to "inspect the pitch".
Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 15:15 - Apr 18 with 2255 viewsaardvaark

Somewhere I have signed photos of George Best &........

Derek Hales !! (google him kids)....

Poll: When, not if, will Jewell go?

Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 15:40 - Apr 18 with 2229 viewsusm

Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 15:15 - Apr 18 by aardvaark

I didn't realise they were an item - you just can't tell sometimes.

George Michael - who knew???

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 15:54 - Apr 18 with 2221 viewssolemio

I had Sir Alf's autograph (got at a cricket match at a local club in Herts), but lost it during our last move.
Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 16:05 - Apr 18 with 2213 viewsPJH

Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 15:54 - Apr 18 by solemio

I had Sir Alf's autograph (got at a cricket match at a local club in Herts), but lost it during our last move.

Got Sir Alf's a few times.
Bobby Robson when he was playing for WBA, plus in his 1982 autobiography.

It had been a long time since I had looked at my autograph books so there were a few in there that I had not realised that I had got.

Got quite a few of the 1966 World Cup squad although I actually got their autographs two or three years before that.
Login to get fewer ads

Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 16:26 - Apr 18 with 2203 viewsSuperfrans

Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 16:05 - Apr 18 by PJH

Got Sir Alf's a few times.
Bobby Robson when he was playing for WBA, plus in his 1982 autobiography.

It had been a long time since I had looked at my autograph books so there were a few in there that I had not realised that I had got.

Got quite a few of the 1966 World Cup squad although I actually got their autographs two or three years before that.

Sounds quite a collection.

I have a v old biography of Sir Alf which I was looking at a couple of months back - and appears to have been signed by him. No idea whether it is genuine, of course.

I've also got a couple of Sir Bobby's autobiographies signed too - and two copies of the same autobiography of Kevin Beattie (the first one) both signed to me.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 17:03 - Apr 18 with 2183 viewsPJH

Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 16:26 - Apr 18 by Superfrans

Sounds quite a collection.

I have a v old biography of Sir Alf which I was looking at a couple of months back - and appears to have been signed by him. No idea whether it is genuine, of course.

I've also got a couple of Sir Bobby's autobiographies signed too - and two copies of the same autobiography of Kevin Beattie (the first one) both signed to me.

I have got the second Kevin Beattie book(The Greatest Footballer England Never Had)signed by him.
Got the first book too but that is not signed.
Ipswich Town Champions Of England by Rob Hadgraft signed by Ray Crawford,Ted Phillips,John Elsworthy and Kenny Malcolm.

My 1978 Cup Final programme is signed by John Wark(twice),Mick Mills,Brian Talbot,Kevin Beattie,Paul Mariner,Roger Osborne and Mick Lambert.

Yes, I have got quite a collection-I should look at my autograph books more often.
[Post edited 2 May 2018 19:19]
Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 17:07 - Apr 18 with 2178 viewsHeathlander

Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 15:15 - Apr 18 by aardvaark

Derek hales and Mikey Flanagan had a tremendous partnership at Charlton. I recall photos of them dressed as Flanagan and Allen.
Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 00:24 - Apr 19 with 2115 viewsfarkenhell

Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 17:07 - Apr 18 by Heathlander

Derek hales and Mikey Flanagan had a tremendous partnership at Charlton. I recall photos of them dressed as Flanagan and Allen.

Didn't they have a dust up on the pitch once and both got sent off?
Who else on here has got three signed photographs of Stanley Matthews? on 01:30 - Apr 19 with 2102 viewsharlingblue

I didn't get his autograph, but I was at Portman Road when Stanley Matthews played for Stoke City against The Town.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024