Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, cutting through it all, ME is not going to make more money available 19:34 - Apr 25 with 1140 viewsOxford_Blue

At around 14 mins he admits it.

The rest of the interview was really just heavily orchestrated puff and a PR exercise.

So, at least we know - we will keep on selling our best players, and the new manager will not have the budget available to compete with the top clubs in the division.

If someone came forward and offered ME £20m+ he’d sell up without a moment’s hesitation.
So, cutting through it all, ME is not going to make more money available on 19:37 - Apr 25 with 1113 viewstractorboy1978

Why is that a bad thing? He openly admitted he would sell if it was in the interests of the club, that's positive. I would rather he was honest than bullsh!tted around the issue and hinted he would be putting big money in this summer.
[Redacted] on 19:42 - Apr 25 with 1098 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
So, cutting through it all, ME is not going to make more money available on 19:43 - Apr 25 with 1096 viewsOxford_Blue

So, cutting through it all, ME is not going to make more money available on 19:37 - Apr 25 by tractorboy1978

Why is that a bad thing? He openly admitted he would sell if it was in the interests of the club, that's positive. I would rather he was honest than bullsh!tted around the issue and hinted he would be putting big money in this summer.

It is a bad thing because someone worth over £750m who could afford to make serious money available is not going to do so and without it we will carry on selling our best players and won’t replace them. That’s why.

I never said he wasn’t being honest.
So, cutting through it all, ME is not going to make more money available on 19:45 - Apr 25 with 1075 viewsOxford_Blue

[Redacted] on 19:42 - Apr 25 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I’m struggling to see your point.
So, cutting through it all, ME is not going to make more money available on 20:58 - Apr 25 with 991 viewsGuthrum

So, cutting through it all, ME is not going to make more money available on 19:43 - Apr 25 by Oxford_Blue

It is a bad thing because someone worth over £750m who could afford to make serious money available is not going to do so and without it we will carry on selling our best players and won’t replace them. That’s why.

I never said he wasn’t being honest.

"Worth £750m" leads to a lot of loose thinking. It's well worth reading Philip Beresford's introduction to the Sunday Times Rich Lists, showing how he arrives at those numbers.

Well over 90% of that figure will be tied up in a valuation of his company. Then there'll be property and other assets. Very little of it is cash, available to pour into a football club.

It's like saying you're worth a quarter of a million because you own your house. You can't access that kind of money and are not going to sell your home to fund a hobby. Then along comes someone insisting you have to more than double the mortgage payments on repairs and improvements, every year. Pretty soon it'll be unaffordable (or at least you'd have to sacrifice all other activities to continue).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024