Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work 10:46 - May 16 with 7209 viewsbenno1uk

Is that MM won't walk into a 'big' job. He might realise he's not as in demand as he thought he was.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 10:47]
The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 10:56 - May 16 with 3931 viewsm14_blue

Why is that a good thing?
The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 10:59 - May 16 with 3927 viewsBrixtonBlue

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 10:56 - May 16 by m14_blue

Mick must suffer for eternity for what he did to us, saving us from relegation and building a closely nit squad and that!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:01 - May 16 with 3913 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 10:59 - May 16 by BrixtonBlue

Mick must suffer for eternity for what he did to us, saving us from relegation and building a closely nit squad and that!

Siege mentality unfortunately.

Unfortunate the way it ended.

Bit like Wenger I guess, stayed too long.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:07 - May 16 with 3899 viewsSuperfrans

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:01 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Siege mentality unfortunately.

Unfortunate the way it ended.

Bit like Wenger I guess, stayed too long.

Yes, I noticed that Wenger was still being berated after it was announced he was leaving. His last match was toxic.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:08 - May 16 with 3890 viewsbenno1uk

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 10:56 - May 16 by m14_blue

Because he's not as good a manager as he thinks he is.
The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:10 - May 16 with 3874 viewsbenno1uk

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 10:59 - May 16 by BrixtonBlue

'and that'? Producing dire, turgid football and being generally arrogant and belligerant.
The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:12 - May 16 with 3867 viewsbluewein

It's definitely only the "inners" who can't let go...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:14 - May 16 with 3850 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:07 - May 16 by Superfrans

Yes, I noticed that Wenger was still being berated after it was announced he was leaving. His last match was toxic.

Fortunately Wenger had some class about him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:15 - May 16 with 3840 viewshomer_123

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:08 - May 16 by benno1uk

Most people have a slightly inflated view on themselves - nothing new there.

I'd suggest his managerial CV suggests that he's more than a mediocre/ average manager.

That said, surely we can all move on?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:16 - May 16 with 3840 viewsSuperfrans

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:10 - May 16 by benno1uk

'and that'? Producing dire, turgid football and being generally arrogant and belligerant.

"And that..."? Well, for starters...

>> Buying players for peanuts, making us a massive profit from their sell on.
>> Contrary to popular belief, developing a young squad
>> Ensuring we punched above our weight (our resources) 5 seasons out of 6.

We are all aware of his faults, most of us thought it was time for him to go and are looking forward with optimism.

But wishing ill of him, after he is out of your life, no longer affecting your weekly entertainment, is plan weird.

We realise that you don't like him because he didn't play "the Ipswich way".
Is wishing ill of someone who contributed to the club also "the Ipswich way". No it isn't.

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:17 - May 16 with 3833 viewsSuperfrans

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:14 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Fortunately Wenger had some class about him.

Ultimately, the Arsenal fans did too...

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:19 - May 16 with 3830 viewsBlueBadger

He's gone, let it go, the bloke's allowed to take another job.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stop blubbing like a..... on 11:19 - May 16 with 3826 viewsBloots

....little bitch and let it go.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:20 - May 16 with 3815 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:17 - May 16 by Superfrans

Ultimately, the Arsenal fans did too...

Eventually.

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:22 - May 16 with 3801 viewsbenno1uk

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:16 - May 16 by Superfrans

We are all aware of his faults, most of us thought it was time for him to go and are looking forward with optimism.

But wishing ill of him, after he is out of your life, no longer affecting your weekly entertainment, is plan weird.

Is wishing ill of someone who contributed to the club also "the Ipswich way". No it isn't.

Not wishing ill of him. Just don't think he's as good a manager as he thinks he is.

Lets just pretend the last 5 years didn't happen shall we? Erase it from history.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 11:23]
The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:29 - May 16 with 3772 viewsm14_blue

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:08 - May 16 by benno1uk

I wanted Mick to go, we were dire to watch and the last 2 seasons have been really disappointing.

However, I can't even begin to comprehend the animosity people have for a man who did nothing other than his very best for our club for many years. It's bizarre.

Even now he's gone you don't want him to get another job?

I hope he gets Arsenal just to annoy you.

Not sure it's the perfect fit though, Arsenal TV would be brilliant.
Stop blubbing like a..... on 11:29 - May 16 with 3773 viewsBlueBadger

Stop blubbing like a..... on 11:19 - May 16 by Bloots

....little bitch and let it go.

I'm impressed that, over a month since his departure, Team Numbskull are still making up sh1t to get upset over and then getting upset over it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:31 - May 16 with 3765 viewsDarth_Koont

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:16 - May 16 by Superfrans

Well said.

It was clearly time for him to go but the respect he and TC were given by the players, Klug and the other staff and Evans is a more accurate and worthy reflection of his time here than those on the outside who disliked his public persona or pragmatic approach to making us competitive.

Mick has left us a very solid and promising base. Yes, we want and need more over the next years but anyone who can't see that is selling us short.

Pronouns: He/Him

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:35 - May 16 with 3741 viewsbenno1uk

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:29 - May 16 by m14_blue

I wanted Mick to go, we were dire to watch and the last 2 seasons have been really disappointing.

However, I can't even begin to comprehend the animosity people have for a man who did nothing other than his very best for our club for many years. It's bizarre.

Even now he's gone you don't want him to get another job?

I hope he gets Arsenal just to annoy you.

Not sure it's the perfect fit though, Arsenal TV would be brilliant.

Did I say I didn't want him to get another job?

No I said I don't think he will walk into a 'big' job.

Why so judgemental when you can't even read properly?
[Post edited 16 May 2018 11:37]
The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:36 - May 16 with 3733 viewsSuperfrans

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:22 - May 16 by benno1uk

Not wishing ill of him. Just don't think he's as good a manager as he thinks he is.

Lets just pretend the last 5 years didn't happen shall we? Erase it from history.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 11:23]

A. "The good thing is... he won't walk into a big job".
B. "Erasing from history", as opposed to not being able to leave anything behind? Move on mate. It'll be much better for your mental health.

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:37 - May 16 with 3722 viewsSomethingBlue

Ok.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:39 - May 16 with 3711 viewsbenno1uk

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:36 - May 16 by Superfrans

B. "Erasing from history", as opposed to not being able to leave anything behind? Move on mate. It'll be much better for your mental health.

You're right. I hope he gets the Arsenal job.

Ah that feels much better.
When did MM say..... on 11:41 - May 16 with 3704 viewsBloots

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:35 - May 16 by benno1uk

Did I say I didn't want him to get another job?

No I said I don't think he will walk into a 'big' job.

Why so judgemental when you can't even read properly?
[Post edited 16 May 2018 11:37]

....that he'd walk into a "big job"?

As far as I can tell the only "big job" here is you.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:42 - May 16 with 3694 viewsDarth_Koont

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:36 - May 16 by Superfrans

Unfortunately, I think we've got years of this stuff to "look forward to" from the posters who Mick hurt.

Pretty remarkable really.

Pronouns: He/Him

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:53 - May 16 with 3643 viewsBlueBadger

The good thing about the likes Allardyce and Moyes potentially being out of work on 11:12 - May 16 by bluewein

It's definitely only the "inners" who can't let go...

Fishers aside, I don't think anyone really wanted him to stay on beyond this season just gone did they? Personally, I reckon that the end of last season was the right time to go but I still supported him as I recognised the good he *had* done previously.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024