Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? 21:07 - May 23 with 1382 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A club that announces it has offered a contract to an unnamed manager and that it is all virtually agreed, then the manager's name is leaked and his current employers state no official approach has been made. Then to complete the circle they make the approach. Said manager is on holiday and probably won't respond for 2 weeks too!

Or a club that announces a timescale to make an appointment and then investigates their options and considers the best alternative before making any announcement?

I didn't like the way the Keane appointment was done but I am much happier with the current process.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:11 - May 23 with 1331 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Next appointment needed at Sunderland.... Press officer!

I think the new owner got a rude awakening today.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:12 - May 23 with 1319 viewsolimar

How do you know we havent already tapped up Hurst about the job? In fact, if we are interested in him, Id bet he 100% knows that we want to interview him as soon as the play-offs are finished.
And we have been as underhand as anyone else in the past- you mention Keane, but the Burley move hardly covered us in glory.

We are probably no different to most clubs.
Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:14 - May 23 with 1304 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:11 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Next appointment needed at Sunderland.... Press officer!

I think the new owner got a rude awakening today.

It would be interesting to know where the information all came from.

It would be rare for Sky not to have some source unless they felt they had fallen behind and wanted to look like they were still on top of it and were simply following someone else's guesswork.

Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:17 - May 23 with 1268 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:12 - May 23 by olimar

How do you know we havent already tapped up Hurst about the job? In fact, if we are interested in him, Id bet he 100% knows that we want to interview him as soon as the play-offs are finished.
And we have been as underhand as anyone else in the past- you mention Keane, but the Burley move hardly covered us in glory.

Fair point about Burley.

I see your point re Hurst but, of course, that would not prevent another better offer coming in for him from, say, Derby that he would accept above ours. I dislike the idea we would have made an illegal approach for him but I can also see your logic.

Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:19 - May 23 with 1254 viewstractorboy1978

Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:12 - May 23 by olimar

Given the extent to which we seem to be putting all our eggs in one basket, I bloody hope we have 'tapped him up' and got some assurances - of course, it is more than likely we haven't.

I fear for Evans if we don't land Hurst.
Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:22 - May 23 with 1239 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:19 - May 23 by tractorboy1978

Given the extent to which we seem to be putting all our eggs in one basket, I bloody hope we have 'tapped him up' and got some assurances - of course, it is more than likely we haven't.

I fear for Evans if we don't land Hurst.

On what do you base that we are "putting all our eggs in one basket"?

The fact many fans decided Ross was the one or the fact ME has interviewed at least two different candidates on more than one occasion and is yet to make any decision?

Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:26 - May 23 with 1217 viewsCurrie10

I'd prefer us to hurry the hell up we're miles behind the opposition with summer targets.
Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:27 - May 23 with 1212 viewstractorboy1978

Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:22 - May 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

On what do you base that we are "putting all our eggs in one basket"?

The fact many fans decided Ross was the one or the fact ME has interviewed at least two different candidates on more than one occasion and is yet to make any decision?

He wants to speak to Hurst before making an appointment, that much is clear. In the mean time we've lost Ross and Lampard has priced himself out of it (supposedly). There doesn't seem to be an abundance of other candidates in the frame if Hurst opts against it.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:40 - May 23 with 1171 viewsVic

Sunderland/Jack Ross: Which would you prefer to support? on 21:27 - May 23 by tractorboy1978

He wants to speak to Hurst before making an appointment, that much is clear. In the mean time we've lost Ross and Lampard has priced himself out of it (supposedly). There doesn't seem to be an abundance of other candidates in the frame if Hurst opts against it.

So at worst we’ve lost out on Ross! Lampards decision to end interest is nothing to blame ME for. We don’t know where things stand with Parker - who I think could well be worth a punt.

All this is hardly a stick to beat ME with. But it seems that some who weren’t at the interviews with JR have decided he was the one for us!

For the record, I really liked the sound of him - hence my avatar, but if the reports about the way he and Sunderland have gone about things are right then he’s not quite the man I thought he was

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024