Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring 09:56 - Jun 2 with 1664 viewsPendejo

You have been bored on a number of occasions with my posting about Little Ms Pendejo, Metropolitan Police Volunteer Cadet, and multiple award winner.

Well now there's more to bore you with...

I wrote before about her undercover work for the Met [she's 15] and CID were so impressed with her that they made sure the hierarchy were aware of this and she has now received a written commendation from the local Borough Commander.

She's working on her Duke of Edinburgh Silver award and recently spent 3 days / 2 nights orienteering on South Downs in thunderstorms.

Thursday last week she went to the passing out ceremony for newly trained Canine Officers during which they did a good old demonstration of their work which she video'd and showed me later. One dog got such a good grip of the "crim" that it ripped the special bite sleeve clean off. The demo also showed the dogs going for armed folks knives / guns [being fired with blanks] all very exciting.

I fear her CV at age of 15 is far more impressive than mine at age **, though I think I've got her on experience.

She also went to a 6th form taster session with one of the local providers and was thrilled they did a class on law, which as a budding cop she was more than comfortable with. Given the recent local case of the householder who was involved in a burglars death it was very contemporary... they did a jury scenario based on a real case, the kids being the jury.
Scenario.
"Barry" comes home and finds a burglar in his house, his wife and kids should be upstairs asleep. The burglar comes at him with a knife, they scuffle and the burglar ends up dead. "Barry" gets charged with murder and the jury of kids had to decide innocent or guilty. She went for guilty from the off, due to her "training".
I should add that the burglar had 20 stab wounds and it came down to a discussion on reasonable force.

Personally, for murder I'd want proof of malice aforethought. i.e. that he'd "lured" the burglar in and waited for him with weapon in hand.

Reasonable force? In the heat of the moment are you counting? Does rage take over? [Hope I never have to answer these questions]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 10:01 - Jun 2 with 1649 viewsDanTheMan

The fact the burglar in this hypothetical scenario died, does not sound like murder.

But 20 stab wounds is a hell of a lot. Imagine for a second what it would take to stab someone 20 times. It's overkill. Imagine that would throw a spanner into the works.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 10:05 - Jun 2 with 1642 viewsPendejo

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 10:01 - Jun 2 by DanTheMan

The fact the burglar in this hypothetical scenario died, does not sound like murder.

But 20 stab wounds is a hell of a lot. Imagine for a second what it would take to stab someone 20 times. It's overkill. Imagine that would throw a spanner into the works.

That's the reason he was found guilty due to unreasonable force, however, in a frenzy fighting for your life how quickly could you stab someone 20 times, not talking full up to the handle deep cuts as much as minor punctures.

uberima fides

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 10:05 - Jun 2 with 1643 viewsfactual_blue

You're justly proud of her.

'Malice aforethought' no longer applies in English law in the way you think. I think (if I remember Mrs Factual's A level law correctly from some years ago) being 'reckless as to the consequences ' can make you guilty of murder. Examples of that include the case of striking miners in the 1980s who dropped a paving slab off a bridge onto a car, or setting light to petrol poured through a letter box.

In your scenario the reasonable self-defence stops when the householder has wounded the burglar and freed himself from the threat of injury/death.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 10:09 - Jun 2 with 1629 viewsDanTheMan

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 10:05 - Jun 2 by Pendejo

That's the reason he was found guilty due to unreasonable force, however, in a frenzy fighting for your life how quickly could you stab someone 20 times, not talking full up to the handle deep cuts as much as minor punctures.

I suppose their argument would be that:
- The person had obviously wrestled the knife off the burglar.
- Continued to stab the burglar repeatedly until they died.

I could see how it would happen. Hard to imagine this scenario without more details, it is a difficult decision to be sure. Think it has to be something like "grossly disproportionate" force now as well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 11:06 - Jun 2 with 1577 viewsPendejo

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 10:05 - Jun 2 by factual_blue

You're justly proud of her.

'Malice aforethought' no longer applies in English law in the way you think. I think (if I remember Mrs Factual's A level law correctly from some years ago) being 'reckless as to the consequences ' can make you guilty of murder. Examples of that include the case of striking miners in the 1980s who dropped a paving slab off a bridge onto a car, or setting light to petrol poured through a letter box.

In your scenario the reasonable self-defence stops when the householder has wounded the burglar and freed himself from the threat of injury/death.

The 2 examples you give I can see and understand. Plus these actions are still premeditated, whereas the burglar situation is heat of the moment > manslaughter.

However, this has already successfully been prosecuted on the basis of murder my opinion counts for nowt.

Hmm. trying to find the source material I came across this...
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/homeowner-who-stabbed-burglar-more-1172525

uberima fides

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 11:10 - Jun 2 with 1573 viewsLord_Lucan

Congratulations and all that.

I would have liked RKD to have been a copper but he wasn’t interested, bizarrely I also wish I had joined the force - or the army, or something like that.

I hope she has a good career and does things correctly, don’t take this the wrong way but from vast experience a very large percentage of coppers are absolute bad eggs.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 11:18 - Jun 2 with 1566 viewsPendejo

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 11:10 - Jun 2 by Lord_Lucan

I would have liked RKD to have been a copper but he wasn’t interested, bizarrely I also wish I had joined the force - or the army, or something like that.

I hope she has a good career and does things correctly, don’t take this the wrong way but from vast experience a very large percentage of coppers are absolute bad eggs.

A cousin was Met [after leaving Royal Marines] then moved onto Kent Constabulary due to the [his words] corruption in the Met being so ingrained and endemic that he had to get out.
The chain of command was uninterested in tackling the matter and by doing nothing by the letter of the law [of the irony] he would also have been guilty by "omission"
[check your employment handbooks folks the act of "omission" is probably Gross Misconduct for us all!!]

Kent didn't give him the buzz of the Met so worked 3 years in Iraq then 6 in Afghanistan working in private security... now happily retired in Spain.

uberima fides

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 11:33 - Jun 2 with 1555 viewsLord_Lucan

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 11:18 - Jun 2 by Pendejo

A cousin was Met [after leaving Royal Marines] then moved onto Kent Constabulary due to the [his words] corruption in the Met being so ingrained and endemic that he had to get out.
The chain of command was uninterested in tackling the matter and by doing nothing by the letter of the law [of the irony] he would also have been guilty by "omission"
[check your employment handbooks folks the act of "omission" is probably Gross Misconduct for us all!!]

Kent didn't give him the buzz of the Met so worked 3 years in Iraq then 6 in Afghanistan working in private security... now happily retired in Spain.

I haven’t had much dealings with The Met but I can imagine.

Ipswich Police have got it together, they are ok by and large, in fact I would say they are really good. Norwich Police on the other hand are off the fecking scale. Some copper parked on my shop forecourt the other month and I told him to move - and he ignored me. Turned into a right row and I nearly smacked him - but they arrested me before I did. I was in court yesterday for it and the magistrates were surprised it came to court - if the bloody copper had moved his car it wouldn’t have ended up as it did.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 12:06 - Jun 2 with 1537 viewsRoyKeanesDog

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 11:10 - Jun 2 by Lord_Lucan

Would have been a great idea until it got the day I had to arrest you.

Poll: Best Football Song

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 12:41 - Jun 2 with 1515 viewsLord_Lucan

The Further Adventures of Youngest Pendejo Offspring on 12:06 - Jun 2 by RoyKeanesDog

Would have been a great idea until it got the day I had to arrest you.

Mmmm, I always knew you were a wrongun.

My first adult arrest in 83 (against Norwich) was made by a regular customer when I was working at the fish farm and a few years later I was arrested (Arsenal) by a girl that used to live in the same house with me in Clarence Rd.

I suppose you would be the icing on the cake.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2018 13:33]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024