Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fa Grassroots 09:10 - Jun 15 with 1386 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not sure if many of you follow non league football, but jesus Christ, the FA really are doing their best to ruin it.

Last season, all leagues from step 3 down had to wait pretty much until middle of May to find out if they were goin up or down. Even had teams in playoffs, winning but still not being promoted.

This season, they've again removed the rules that leagues have power over promotion and relegation and that the FA will decide.

So their master plan..... Step 3 ........ 2 sides could WIN their play offs and not get promoted..... 2 Teams could enter the play offs, but having a lower Points per game average across similar level leagues elsewhere, could know they have no chance of going up even if they win the play offs.

Step 6 I.E my league, Champions up. But across 9 leagues, the best PPG runners up go up.

now all I see is clubs say 4th or lower come February will be a fair way off top ( always have 1 club that flies) but know they don't have a great PPG compared to other leagues. Its going to be a situation where players will stop playing come February as there is nothing to play for, even if you're only 4 points from 3rd, which used to be the final promotion place.

WTF are the FA actually doing???

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Fa Grassroots on 09:24 - Jun 15 with 1348 viewsJ2BLUE

Step 6 I.E my league, Champions up. But across 9 leagues, the best PPG runners up go up.

Do you mean one team in nine goes up? The best PPG runners up sounds like a league table...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fa Grassroots on 09:38 - Jun 15 with 1329 viewsFrimleyBlue

Fa Grassroots on 09:24 - Jun 15 by J2BLUE

Do you mean one team in nine goes up? The best PPG runners up sounds like a league table...

Yeah its something like that.

Used to be very simple 3 up 3 down

Imagine finishing 2nd, but finding out you've missed out due to .1 of a ppg average against a side in a league 200 miles away

The leagues are struggling to entice players as it is with modern football creeping in, and increasing costs, these new 'rules' are going to cripple a lot of teams.

in our league there were 8 unfulfilled fixtures by teams who couldn't raise sides last season, funnily enough, all after February.

Waka waka eh eh

Fa Grassroots on 10:17 - Jun 15 with 1285 viewsBOjK

"2 Teams could enter the play offs, but having a lower Points per game average across similar level leagues elsewhere, could know they have no chance of going up even if they win the play offs."

This is happening on the promotion from step 4. And it isn't "could". It is "will". A minimum of two teams will enter the play-offs knowing they can't get promoted even if they win them.

It is even possible (although admittedly unlikely) that all 4 teams who finish 2-5 in two separate divisions will enter the play-offs knowing they can't get promoted if they win them.

So ... a minimum of 2 teams, and maximum of 8. Properly bonkers.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Fa Grassroots on 11:12 - Jun 15 with 1239 viewsFrimleyBlue

Fa Grassroots on 10:17 - Jun 15 by BOjK

"2 Teams could enter the play offs, but having a lower Points per game average across similar level leagues elsewhere, could know they have no chance of going up even if they win the play offs."

This is happening on the promotion from step 4. And it isn't "could". It is "will". A minimum of two teams will enter the play-offs knowing they can't get promoted even if they win them.

It is even possible (although admittedly unlikely) that all 4 teams who finish 2-5 in two separate divisions will enter the play-offs knowing they can't get promoted if they win them.

So ... a minimum of 2 teams, and maximum of 8. Properly bonkers.

At what point do they sit there and think, what a great idea!

If every team and league can see its an absolute shower of.... how can they not. I don't even see the benefit to the FA for making such crazy rulings

Waka waka eh eh

Fa Grassroots on 13:35 - Jun 15 with 1208 viewssparks

Fa Grassroots on 11:12 - Jun 15 by FrimleyBlue

If every team and league can see its an absolute shower of.... how can they not. I don't even see the benefit to the FA for making such crazy rulings

Only the FA could come up with something so obviously stupid and damaging.

PPG isn't an indicator of who is most deserving because different leagues will be more or less competitive.

But the idea of requiring clubs to play playoffs knowing they cannot be promoted even if they win is fecking pathetic. How to kill a game and what used to be a fantastic end of season event.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Fa Grassroots on 13:45 - Jun 15 with 1193 viewsFrimleyBlue

Fa Grassroots on 13:35 - Jun 15 by sparks

Only the FA could come up with something so obviously stupid and damaging.

PPG isn't an indicator of who is most deserving because different leagues will be more or less competitive.

But the idea of requiring clubs to play playoffs knowing they cannot be promoted even if they win is fecking pathetic. How to kill a game and what used to be a fantastic end of season event.

The biggest issue is, clubs are struggling, more and more every year financially.
Now, most seasons, the club that wins the league have the biggest budget, no one denies that at this level.

So I can see a lot of clubs IF the FA don't change the rules back, pretty much forgetting about going up leagues and just running clubs as a place for kids to play and being community sports clubs. The whole point of top 3 or top 6 in the higher leagues is to have something to fight for, but knowing you've got to spend 5 x your turnover to get anywhere close to top is just pointless.

The best one is promotion from step 7
Only the champions can go up if they meet ground grading

however only a maximum of 38 can go up based on ppg,
so you could win your step 7 league and still not go up
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 13:50]

Waka waka eh eh

Fa Grassroots on 13:51 - Jun 15 with 1184 viewssparks

Fa Grassroots on 13:45 - Jun 15 by FrimleyBlue

The biggest issue is, clubs are struggling, more and more every year financially.
Now, most seasons, the club that wins the league have the biggest budget, no one denies that at this level.

So I can see a lot of clubs IF the FA don't change the rules back, pretty much forgetting about going up leagues and just running clubs as a place for kids to play and being community sports clubs. The whole point of top 3 or top 6 in the higher leagues is to have something to fight for, but knowing you've got to spend 5 x your turnover to get anywhere close to top is just pointless.

The best one is promotion from step 7
Only the champions can go up if they meet ground grading

however only a maximum of 38 can go up based on ppg,
so you could win your step 7 league and still not go up
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 13:50]

Why not do it on goal difference over the playoff matches? Still unfair but at least there would be something to play for.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Fa Grassroots on 13:53 - Jun 15 with 1172 viewsBOjK

Fa Grassroots on 11:12 - Jun 15 by FrimleyBlue

I genuinely think it hadn't occurred to them.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024