Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll tell you what 16:19 - Jun 24 with 19160 viewstractordownsouth

I fooking hate that German Bombers song...

It was my first time watching an England game in the pub and it was a great atmosphere until this song broke out in the second half. There were parents singing along and teaching it to their kids, some of whom looked about 8 years old.

I know it's a bit of a dampener and I might be a bit of a snowflake but it's really uncomfortable and not what football should be about. It got to the point where I was hoping for a Panama goal to shut them up.

It was a shame because it was a great game otherwise.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

on 16:25 - Jun 24 with 6827 views_

I'll tell you what on 17:13 - Jun 24 with 6733 viewsBenters2

Oh great this will give the Bodgers of this site another evening of slagging off the England fans!

Dont let it worry you dear x

#freetommie

p.s Some of those Bombers bombed some of my family,and my dear old mums bestie was killed by a doodlebug.

End of.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 17:15]
I'll tell you what on 17:22 - Jun 24 with 6683 viewstractordownsouth

I'll tell you what on 17:13 - Jun 24 by Benters2

Oh great this will give the Bodgers of this site another evening of slagging off the England fans!

#freetommie

p.s Some of those Bombers bombed some of my family,and my dear old mums bestie was killed by a doodlebug.

End of.

I know you're looking for a reaction as usual, but that's clearly not the point I'm making is it? Obviously I'm not supporting the Nazi bombings, I'm just saying that it's really not what should be happening during what was a great game and performance as it spoils what football is all about.

I'll tell you what on 17:23 - Jun 24 with 6679 viewsJ2BLUE

#freetommie

End of.

Is it really relevant in 2018 during a football tournament?

To the OP I would say get over it. I understand the point but nothing you can do and at least it wasn't at the ground.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'll tell you what on 17:24 - Jun 24 with 6678 viewsuefacup81

#freetommie

End of.

And chances are that all of those responsible are now dead. Time to let it go.

Also, Dresden - the allies were just as bad.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I'll tell you what on 17:30 - Jun 24 with 6639 viewsBenters2

I'll tell you what on 17:22 - Jun 24 by tractordownsouth

I know you're looking for a reaction as usual, but that's clearly not the point I'm making is it? Obviously I'm not supporting the Nazi bombings, I'm just saying that it's really not what should be happening during what was a great game and performance as it spoils what football is all about.

Its a song, a chant, dont worry about it move on x
I'll tell you what on 17:32 - Jun 24 with 6622 viewsBenters2

I'll tell you what on 17:23 - Jun 24 by J2BLUE

Is it really relevant in 2018 during a football tournament?

To the OP I would say get over it. I understand the point but nothing you can do and at least it wasn't at the ground.

Its a bit to precious to me.
I'll tell you what on 17:33 - Jun 24 with 6614 viewsBenters2

I'll tell you what on 17:24 - Jun 24 by uefacup81

And chances are that all of those responsible are now dead. Time to let it go.

Also, Dresden - the allies were just as bad.

War is Hell.
Login to get fewer ads

I'll tell you what on 17:41 - Jun 24 with 6594 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll tell you what on 17:30 - Jun 24 by Benters2

Its a song, a chant, dont worry about it move on x

Hope you remember that the next time something gets your panties in a bunch.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Please tell me you’re joking? (n/t) on 17:43 - Jun 24 with 6586 viewsunstableblue

#freetommie

End of.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Please tell me you’re joking? (n/t) on 17:46 - Jun 24 with 6574 viewstractordownsouth

Please tell me you’re joking? (n/t) on 17:43 - Jun 24 by unstableblue

Must be, even a libtard like me knows it's Tommy not Tommie

I'll tell you what on 17:49 - Jun 24 with 6551 viewsMullet

it's been much better on here during this World Cup, doesn't seem to be lasting though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I'll tell you what on 18:12 - Jun 24 with 6449 viewsBluegene

I'll tell you what on 17:22 - Jun 24 by tractordownsouth

You mentioned snowflake

😁
I'll tell you what on 18:13 - Jun 24 with 6449 viewspowinswitch

I'll tell you what on 17:33 - Jun 24 by Benters2

War is Hell.

Banters. What do you know about war? Before answering, think about how many ex servicemen might read this site, most of whom will have served on operational tours, not watching sky news coverage. Many of whom will have lived in Germany, and may even be married to Germans.

Tolerance and moving on are the key here. When we play Scotland, and sing songs like cheer up Gordon Strachan, yeah that’s great. Taking the piss is awesome, when it is appropriate wit. We were playing Panama, not Germany, and banging on about a war 73 years past is getting boring.

In 1990 I lived in the fatherland, and had german friends. I was a Fortuna fan, attending all their home games, my friends were Monchengladbach fans, who were local rivals. They were proud of their homeland as was I. They loved Gazza, and thought he was the player of the tournament. They like I, and I believe you were all born after the war. Perhaps time to leave behind these songs that offer very little. Not even humour. And I am still proud of my country.
I'll tell you what on 18:23 - Jun 24 with 6406 views12th_Man

It was sung by Leeds fans last season when they came here and we had Dusseldorf fans here they found it funny

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

I'll tell you what on 18:28 - Jun 24 with 6388 viewsgtsb

The Germans are very well educated about what happened in WW2 and the evil their country inflicted on the world. When we sing that song they must shake their heads and feel sorry for the people singing it .
https://www.quora.com/How-is-World-War-II-history-taught-in-Germany
I'll tell you what on 18:29 - Jun 24 with 6377 viewsartsbossbeard

It's abhorrent and has no place in 2018.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I'll tell you what on 19:21 - Jun 24 with 6211 viewsSwansea_Blue

#freetommie

End of.

At least you're not bitter. Those wounds from nearly 80 years ago must be really fresh.

#preyforthepooch

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'll tell you what on 19:22 - Jun 24 with 6210 viewsimsureazzure

In other news , we haven't played nodge on Boxing day for decades and Delia Smith is not a slut.
I'll tell you what on 19:25 - Jun 24 with 6196 viewsvapour_trail

#freetommie

End of.

They weren’t all bad, eh.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Please tell me you’re joking? (n/t) on 19:26 - Jun 24 with 6193 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Please tell me you’re joking? (n/t) on 17:43 - Jun 24 by unstableblue

Yes, it's only a song. It's also only sung by the sort of tiny-dicked inadequates who are so thick they think standing in the middle of London throwing Nazi salutes in support of another tiny-dicked inadequate is somehow msking a stand for 'free speech'.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 19:31]
I'll tell you what on 19:26 - Jun 24 with 6191 viewsLeoMuff

I'll tell you what on 18:13 - Jun 24 by powinswitch

Banters. What do you know about war? Before answering, think about how many ex servicemen might read this site, most of whom will have served on operational tours, not watching sky news coverage. Many of whom will have lived in Germany, and may even be married to Germans.

Tolerance and moving on are the key here. When we play Scotland, and sing songs like cheer up Gordon Strachan, yeah that’s great. Taking the piss is awesome, when it is appropriate wit. We were playing Panama, not Germany, and banging on about a war 73 years past is getting boring.

In 1990 I lived in the fatherland, and had german friends. I was a Fortuna fan, attending all their home games, my friends were Monchengladbach fans, who were local rivals. They were proud of their homeland as was I. They loved Gazza, and thought he was the player of the tournament. They like I, and I believe you were all born after the war. Perhaps time to leave behind these songs that offer very little. Not even humour. And I am still proud of my country.

You are trying to talk sense to a dinosaur, he probably hates asteroids as well.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I'll tell you what on 19:27 - Jun 24 with 6186 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'll tell you what on 18:13 - Jun 24 by powinswitch

I hope you had a good wash afterwards. Don't want any of that German-ness sticking to you and contaminating GREAT Britain. That would only upset the angry little xenophobic gammons.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'll tell you what on 19:34 - Jun 24 with 6153 viewsitfcjoe

This is snowflake beahviour.

It's a song, it's funny - the only issue is it goes on a bit long

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 19:38 - Jun 24 with 6129 views_

I'll tell you what on 19:34 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

This is snowflake beahviour.

It's a song, it's funny - the only issue is it goes on a bit long

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024