Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sod it. 16:33 - Jun 28 with 963 viewsGlasgowBlue

Columbia goal. Bloke on the line was just watching it.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 16:33]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sod it. on 16:35 - Jun 28 with 952 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

On the Poland & Colombia double at 5/1

🙏🏻

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Sod it. on 16:38 - Jun 28 with 947 viewsPendejo

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Sod it. on 16:42 - Jun 28 with 926 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sod it. on 16:38 - Jun 28 by Pendejo

Are you telling me that the District of Columbia are not playing the World Cup?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sod it. on 16:44 - Jun 28 with 932 viewsDanFord

This is good news. Means if we win tonight we get Japan and not Colombia. If we lose we face Colombia but then have the 'easier side' of the ladder apparently, not that I believe in that. We shouldn't be frightened of any team. We lost to Iceland last time we got into a knockout stage and haven't won there for 12 years. Why people are plotting our route to the final I don't know. But Japan instead of Colombia appeals first.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Sod it. on 17:03 - Jun 28 with 858 viewsIllinoisblue

Sod it. on 16:44 - Jun 28 by DanFord

This is good news. Means if we win tonight we get Japan and not Colombia. If we lose we face Colombia but then have the 'easier side' of the ladder apparently, not that I believe in that. We shouldn't be frightened of any team. We lost to Iceland last time we got into a knockout stage and haven't won there for 12 years. Why people are plotting our route to the final I don't know. But Japan instead of Colombia appeals first.

beat Japan and (probably) have to play Brazil next....

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sod it. on 17:11 - Jun 28 with 835 viewsDanFord

Sod it. on 17:03 - Jun 28 by Illinoisblue

beat Japan and (probably) have to play Brazil next....

And? It will be the Quarter Final of the World Cup? We've managed to not get out of the group stage in the last World Cup and lost to Iceland in the last Euro's. We would have a great chance of beating Japan, who have been average. We then play Brazil or Mexico. Brazil have not looked that great and could be beaten by Mexico. We have looked more impressive than Brazil. Why fear them? If we try and go for this so called easier side we would face Colombia who are a damn sight better than Japan on their day. We may not get past them to face Sweden or Switzerland. People expect us to beat Sweden well they were much better than Germany who we'd have feared yet were pathetic! I'm very confident England can give anyone a game. It's a very close World Cup. The big names aren't as scary this year. Bring on Brazil I say, IF we can get past Japan. But first we have to beat a good Belgium who now probably fancy winning the group themselves.

Sod it. on 17:16 - Jun 28 with 816 viewsm14_blue

Sod it. on 16:44 - Jun 28 by DanFord

Yep, I'm relieved.

Had Japan won that group it would have been very hard to argue that winning tonight was a good thing. This way, at least if we win tonight we get a theoretically easier game next and I can at least pretend to be pleased if we win.

I'll be glad when tonight's over tbh and we can get back to nerve shredding must win games.
Sod it. on 17:18 - Jun 28 with 806 viewsDanFord

Sod it. on 17:16 - Jun 28 by m14_blue

Yep, I'm relieved.

Had Japan won that group it would have been very hard to argue that winning tonight was a good thing. This way, at least if we win tonight we get a theoretically easier game next and I can at least pretend to be pleased if we win.

I'll be glad when tonight's over tbh and we can get back to nerve shredding must win games.

I'd hate the game to have become a farce with both teams wanting to lose but it's possible if you think it could avoid Colombia then Brazil probably instead of Japan then Switzerland. Thankfully there is a positive either way now. Either a so-called easier last 16 game or a so-called easier side of the draw if you can get to the last 8.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024