Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings 17:22 - Jun 28 with 2520 viewschristiand

What alternatives are there? I was thinking the team which had had the most shots 'on goal' (not off target) over the three group games progresses if level on points, goal difference and goals scored. Thoughts?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 17:23]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 17:25 - Jun 28 with 2498 viewsJ2BLUE

I had the same idea but could we see games where each team took turns shooting from the halfway line to increase shots on target? Not sure what the answer is. Unless it goes back to who had the better PPG qualifying record but not really fair to go cross federation. Got to be a better way though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 17:26 - Jun 28 with 2497 viewsfooters

Many people have been banging on (quite rightly in my view) about the behaviour of many teams this WC. I think the rule sets a good precedent on discipline.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 17:30 - Jun 28 with 2463 viewsm14_blue

Is it a new rule for this tournament?
Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 17:33 - Jun 28 with 2439 viewsvapour_trail

Fittest fans.

So who wins? Japan or senegal?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 17:34 - Jun 28 with 2433 viewsGlasgowBlue

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 17:25 - Jun 28 by J2BLUE

I had the same idea but could we see games where each team took turns shooting from the halfway line to increase shots on target? Not sure what the answer is. Unless it goes back to who had the better PPG qualifying record but not really fair to go cross federation. Got to be a better way though.

Penalty shoot out against a FIFA appointed neutral goalie at each venue.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 17:55 - Jun 28 with 2357 viewsimsureazzure

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 17:33 - Jun 28 by vapour_trail

Fittest fans.

So who wins? Japan or senegal?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/26/getty-delete-gallery-of-world-c

Not possible.
Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 18:00 - Jun 28 with 2335 viewsBloomBlue

Toss a coin
Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 18:06 - Jun 28 with 2319 viewsCrock

That is the best alternative. Your option is a horrible option in my opinion. It is easy to get away loads of shots.

Poll: Favourite number?

Login to get fewer ads

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 18:09 - Jun 28 with 2304 viewsfactual_blue

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 17:26 - Jun 28 by footers

Many people have been banging on (quite rightly in my view) about the behaviour of many teams this WC. I think the rule sets a good precedent on discipline.

Indeed. Plus what is a 'shot on target'? Seems obvious, but I think we all know teams would argue the toss, particularly if they were deemed to have fewer.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 18:11 - Jun 28 with 2293 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Silly idea.

Bookings works well, discipline should be valued. Ask Brian Clough.

BOT

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 18:12 - Jun 28 with 2292 viewsJ2BLUE

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 17:34 - Jun 28 by GlasgowBlue

Good idea...expanding on that a little bit how about each team nominates one of their keepers to go to the other game and face penalties if the need arises. Think of the drama that would cause. It would be quite rare and could throw up some very dramatic moments. Send your second choice keeper and your first choice gets injured so #3 keeper comes off the bench. Imagine Poland being in that situation and sending Bart.

It's genius.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 18:13 - Jun 28 with 2290 viewsStokieBlue

Why is it farcical?

Surely rewarding playing the game within the rules is a good thing?

I think it's a very good way to split after the other methods are tied.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 18:19 - Jun 28 with 2264 viewschristiand

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 18:13 - Jun 28 by StokieBlue

Why is it farcical?

Surely rewarding playing the game within the rules is a good thing?

I think it's a very good way to split after the other methods are tied.

SB

Have you seen some of the bookings during this tournament, the diving and feigning injury that have been ignored? It's that subjective issue again. Some referees will book a player for an incident and others won't. Honestly, it is quite simply a ridiculous ruling for a country to miss out on qualification. At least have something that encourages and rewards some element of footballing skill.

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 18:39 - Jun 28 with 2202 viewslmfcblue

Team that had the most corners over the 3 games
Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 18:44 - Jun 28 with 2185 viewsstrikalite

Agree with Jermaine Jenas, crossbar challenge from half way line....why not, be fun..
Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 19:45 - Jun 28 with 2094 viewsStokieBlue

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 18:19 - Jun 28 by christiand

Have you seen some of the bookings during this tournament, the diving and feigning injury that have been ignored? It's that subjective issue again. Some referees will book a player for an incident and others won't. Honestly, it is quite simply a ridiculous ruling for a country to miss out on qualification. At least have something that encourages and rewards some element of footballing skill.

How is your method any better?

Take an instance where one of the poor decisions results in a red card and the other team having loads of shots. Your method has been skewed buy a subjective decision.

I think it's a good rule, teams should be penalised for bad displicine. That is also part of football.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 19:52 - Jun 28 with 2074 viewsTrumptonBlue

Nicest kit.
Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 19:53 - Jun 28 with 2061 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cumulative circumference of forearms would be a great way to settle it 👍

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 19:56 - Jun 28 with 2048 viewstractorboy7777

Fair play is how Town got into Europe last wasn’t it?

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 19:56 - Jun 28 with 2048 viewsMattinLondon

Glenn Hoddle mentioned that the team who has won by the biggest margin should go through which is an interesting idea. Maybe against Panama, if Hoddles idea was in practice, this would have encouraged more attacking play and making the second half less of a farce.
Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 20:00 - Jun 28 with 2030 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

We got into Europe that way!
Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 20:29 - Jun 28 with 1978 viewschristiand

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 19:45 - Jun 28 by StokieBlue

How is your method any better?

Take an instance where one of the poor decisions results in a red card and the other team having loads of shots. Your method has been skewed buy a subjective decision.

I think it's a good rule, teams should be penalised for bad displicine. That is also part of football.

SB

Why are all the teams at this tournament? Due to their intent on winning matches and scoring goals or for good behaviour? I’m certainly not saying my idea is the way forward- it’s not, but this current method is bizarre. Hypothetically, imagine Ipswich missing out on promotion because Norwich had less yellow and red cards. Just feel there is another way than what is currently in place that has more of a footballing focus. After all, that’s what we’re all interested in not how many cards a team has been issued.

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 20:30 - Jun 28 with 1965 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 17:34 - Jun 28 by GlasgowBlue

Why the neutral goalie?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 20:37 - Jun 28 with 1948 viewsPinewoodblue

Farcical that Japan have gone through on less bookings on 18:39 - Jun 28 by lmfcblue

Team that had the most corners over the 3 games

When I was at school if a game was drawn it was decided of who had taken the most corners. The thought brung that the most attacking team would get the most corners. Would have to be in the head to head game in the WCformat.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024