Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player 09:15 - Jul 15 with 3519 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/33947/bialkowski-to-be-towns-highest-pai

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 09:24 - Jul 15 with 3465 viewsMullet

If this comes from a better source than the Sun, then it's surprising and fantastic news. But it doesn't stop Bart being sold for more than Brum wanted, or being able to negotiate better terms elsewhere.

It'd be excellent to think Hurst doesn't have to sell the best of what Mick left him entirely.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 10:21 - Jul 15 with 3327 viewsNo9

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 09:24 - Jul 15 by Mullet

If this comes from a better source than the Sun, then it's surprising and fantastic news. But it doesn't stop Bart being sold for more than Brum wanted, or being able to negotiate better terms elsewhere.

It'd be excellent to think Hurst doesn't have to sell the best of what Mick left him entirely.

Having the best performeer in the team (since he became a regular) is a good thing.
It may make all players aspire to becoming the best?
Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 11:31 - Jul 15 with 3247 viewstractorboy1978

A 3+1 deal on those terms or somewhere close would be a big commitment from the club and Bart. There will be a release clause in it should a Prem club come calling and he wants to take the opportunity but this ends the possibility of him going to another Championship club.
Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 11:37 - Jul 15 with 3244 viewsPhilTWTD

From what I gather, £20,000 is a slight inflation but not far off the mark. Club aware that approaching that figure would have been offered elsewhere if fee had been agreed. The remaining loose ends should be tied up very soon and could all be signed and sealed tomorrow.
Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 11:40 - Jul 15 with 3229 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's not in the least bit surprising imo. Oldest agent trick in the book.

Bart £2.75m bid turned down by Swansea_Blue 9 Jul 2018 12:49
Makes me wonder how much of this is all about putting pressure on the club for an improved contract?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 11:59 - Jul 15 with 3197 viewsMullet

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 11:37 - Jul 15 by PhilTWTD

From what I gather, £20,000 is a slight inflation but not far off the mark. Club aware that approaching that figure would have been offered elsewhere if fee had been agreed. The remaining loose ends should be tied up very soon and could all be signed and sealed tomorrow.

Do you see it as a way to keep him as with McG, or just a way to hike the price after rebuffing what were frankly joke bids from Brum?

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 12:04 - Jul 15 with 3179 viewsPhilTWTD

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 11:59 - Jul 15 by Mullet

Do you see it as a way to keep him as with McG, or just a way to hike the price after rebuffing what were frankly joke bids from Brum?

To keep him but also to ensure a decent fee if he does attract interest later along the line. I think it would have been difficult to get much more than the £3m Birmingham offered now given his contract situation.

As it stands offering him something approaching £20,000 a week is around a million a year, which is well worth it as the fee alone to attract a replacement approaching his standard would cost at least that even before wages were taken into account.
Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 12:09 - Jul 15 with 3164 viewsMullet

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 12:04 - Jul 15 by PhilTWTD

To keep him but also to ensure a decent fee if he does attract interest later along the line. I think it would have been difficult to get much more than the £3m Birmingham offered now given his contract situation.

As it stands offering him something approaching £20,000 a week is around a million a year, which is well worth it as the fee alone to attract a replacement approaching his standard would cost at least that even before wages were taken into account.

I can see that logic, and it sounded like Hurst had made his mind up he wanted BB as his no.1 hence why he didn't move on Henderson maybe? I also see Leeds have gone for Blackman which shows how poor the standard of no.1's in the Champ can be IMO.

I just worry we're heading for another Murphy scenario this window with him or Waggy. I'd feel much better if Bart is holding his contract tomorrow morning and someone like Tilt is in the queue for press photos right behind him.

Login to get fewer ads

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 12:17 - Jul 15 with 3139 viewstractorboy1978

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 12:09 - Jul 15 by Mullet

I can see that logic, and it sounded like Hurst had made his mind up he wanted BB as his no.1 hence why he didn't move on Henderson maybe? I also see Leeds have gone for Blackman which shows how poor the standard of no.1's in the Champ can be IMO.

I just worry we're heading for another Murphy scenario this window with him or Waggy. I'd feel much better if Bart is holding his contract tomorrow morning and someone like Tilt is in the queue for press photos right behind him.

Waggy is the one I'm worried about and I'd be getting him tied down to a better deal right now too. The only way Bart now leaves is if it's a Premiership club.
Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 12:24 - Jul 15 with 3126 viewsTrequartista

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 11:37 - Jul 15 by PhilTWTD

With respect your sources over-estimated the transfer fees of all last summer's signings by 100% so only the people privy to his contract really know how much he will be earning

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 12:31 - Jul 15 with 3101 viewsPhilTWTD

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 12:24 - Jul 15 by Trequartista

With respect your sources over-estimated the transfer fees of all last summer's signings by 100% so only the people privy to his contract really know how much he will be earning

I don't think my sources did that, think the inflated fees for Waghorn and Huws were reports from elsewhere, which the club weren't too unhappy not to knock down until Mick wanted to highlight the bargains he'd got.
Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 12:35 - Jul 15 with 3081 viewsPhilTWTD

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 12:09 - Jul 15 by Mullet

I think Henderson had gone before PH had a chance to address the situation. Had he been available now or in the past couple of weeks the situation might have been different.

Think the difference with Waggy and Bart now is that there's a fair amount of time to do business with us knowing about the interest. Murphy deal happened quickly with only a matter of days left, even if they still should have had someone in mind and been anticipating it. Beyond the end of the transfer window loanees (with a view to permanent deals in January) can be done until the end of August.
Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 19:45 - Jul 15 with 2855 viewsnshearman1

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 12:35 - Jul 15 by PhilTWTD

I think Henderson had gone before PH had a chance to address the situation. Had he been available now or in the past couple of weeks the situation might have been different.

Think the difference with Waggy and Bart now is that there's a fair amount of time to do business with us knowing about the interest. Murphy deal happened quickly with only a matter of days left, even if they still should have had someone in mind and been anticipating it. Beyond the end of the transfer window loanees (with a view to permanent deals in January) can be done until the end of August.

The bottom line is: this is the best news of the day, and good to see ME allowing some decent money to be spent, presumably off the back of the Webster deal?
Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 20:35 - Jul 15 with 2819 viewsPhilTWTD

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 19:45 - Jul 15 by nshearman1

The bottom line is: this is the best news of the day, and good to see ME allowing some decent money to be spent, presumably off the back of the Webster deal?

Will certainly have helped.
Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 20:38 - Jul 15 with 2811 viewsKieran_Knows

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 20:35 - Jul 15 by PhilTWTD

Will certainly have helped.

Can only presume Evans felt the need to push the boat out to keep Bart because selling Webster gave him and Hurst a bit of money to work with (hence the less need to sell Bart)?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 22:14 - Jul 15 with 2702 viewsArnieM

Sorry , but can’t help feel Bart Man has held this Club to ransom!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 22:41 - Jul 15 with 2653 viewsWestover

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 22:14 - Jul 15 by ArnieM

Sorry , but can’t help feel Bart Man has held this Club to ransom!

Yes he has played a blinder but I don't blame him it's well earned, just pleased to have him playing for Town.
Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 05:39 - Jul 16 with 2560 viewsArnieM

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 22:41 - Jul 15 by Westover

Yes he has played a blinder but I don't blame him it's well earned, just pleased to have him playing for Town.

Oh I agree , he had used his high profile last season to his own good ( suspect most of us would do the same if truth be known ). But can this Club afford to have a player on £20k a week? Will it cause unrest in the dressing room - envy? Will the £1m a yer x 3years on one player mean there is less available funds for , day , much needed central defenders ? We only have s certain amount of very thinly spread finances under Evans. I hope we haven’t got rid of one high roller ( McGildrick) only to replace him by another .

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 05:57 - Jul 16 with 2552 viewsbrogansnose

Bart is the best goalie we've had since Begovic on loan. I shudder to think where we would have been without him these past three seasons.

Money well spent.
Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 06:00 - Jul 16 with 2550 viewsArnieM

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 05:57 - Jul 16 by brogansnose

Bart is the best goalie we've had since Begovic on loan. I shudder to think where we would have been without him these past three seasons.

Money well spent.

Decent back four wouldn’t go amiss. We haven’t had one for years. Had that been addressed last season I think we’d have made too 6. We STILL need to bring in st leafy 2CB’s and a LB in my opinion. With £1m a year now being dished our on one player , will there he finds to bring in other equally important defenders I wonder?

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 06:09 - Jul 16 with 2545 viewsbrogansnose

Bialkowski to Be Town's Highest-Paid Player on 06:00 - Jul 16 by ArnieM

Decent back four wouldn’t go amiss. We haven’t had one for years. Had that been addressed last season I think we’d have made too 6. We STILL need to bring in st leafy 2CB’s and a LB in my opinion. With £1m a year now being dished our on one player , will there he finds to bring in other equally important defenders I wonder?

Thing is, that money has been spent on quality rather than speading it around on average and, its the old adage, you build from the back and a good goalie settles and gives confidence to the defence. But yeah, improvements need to be made with the defence and how its played out from the back. Those silly errors need cutting out. I'm more concerned with RB than LB.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024