Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS 07:42 - Jul 31 with 4126 viewsDanFord

We finished 12th. We’ve lost McGoldrick and Webster. Two players who barely feature anyway. We could have Dozzell and Huws back. Assuming all the new signings are flops then we would probably have enough. But the media seems to be ignoring Hurst’s success and then deciding that simply removing Mick makes us relegation certainties. I really don’t like how Mick’s legacy sits. That he was some hero that kept a League One team competitive for so long. Given the finish last season, a manager who only knows success and some astute signings we shouldn’t be anywhere near the drop. They really think we will be below Bolton, Rotherham, QPR, Reading etc? Grrrr.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 07:49 - Jul 31 with 3614 viewsJon_456

I think its obvious these days most football 'experts' don't actually have a clue what they're talking about.

Im quite happy for us to be seen as relegation candidates and see teams moan at the start of the season that they couldn't even beat little Ipswich.
I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 07:51 - Jul 31 with 3594 viewsMattinLondon

Who cares what other fans think and who cares what some lazy metropolitan football journalist thinks. I want other clubs to take us lightly so that when we beat them 4-0 their fans will go home crying.
I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 07:55 - Jul 31 with 3548 viewschristiand

Just let it wash over you Dan. If they really knew where every team will finish before the season kicks off, pointless even playing. Hurst is an unknown quantity in this division, compared to MM's wealth of Championship experience. Naturally, they'll 'big up' MM and his achievements and be more cautious about Hurst's managerial credentials. If we start well and play some good football, the recent past will all get quickly forgotten by fans and pundits alike!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 07:59 - Jul 31 with 3502 viewsBiGDonnie

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 07:49 - Jul 31 by Jon_456

I think its obvious these days most football 'experts' don't actually have a clue what they're talking about.

Im quite happy for us to be seen as relegation candidates and see teams moan at the start of the season that they couldn't even beat little Ipswich.

Yep. There is little to no knowledge outside of the premiership.

It’ll be all the more sweeter when we’re promoted as champions with a record points tally 🙌🏼

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:01 - Jul 31 with 3490 viewshomer_123

'Given the finish last season, a manager who only knows success and some astute signings we shouldn’t be anywhere near the drop.'

Then you don't understand how football works Dan.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:01 - Jul 31 with 3490 viewsBlueySwede

In terms of investment we are and have been relegation candidates, so in that aspect Mick did well. I believe in Hurst, but I can also understand that he is untried in this division and that media puts a question mark over him because of that. This season will be interesting and hopefully exciting. Things stagnated under Mick, for sure, but will Hurst do better with limited funds? Time will tell.
I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:09 - Jul 31 with 3446 viewsSteve_M

We have a budget that is bottom third of the table, with the exception of one season McCarthy's team consistently performed above that. That's not to say it wasn't time for a change, it clearly was and the second half of last season was largely tedious fare.

We have a new manager, who hasn't managed in this division before bringing in a lot of players who haven't played at this level before. Hurst has a very good record to date and I really hope he continues that here but it is not a given that he will. Similarly, the early signs for Harrison and Edwards are positive but neither has played a competitive match for us yet.

We still only have one experienced central defender at the club with a week to go until the transfer window close; Marcus Evans may have happily cashed in on Webster but we have to replace him.

No-one who has spent any time watching the Championship over a number of years would make any team a relegation certainty, it is far too inconsistent and unpredictable, but if Hurst matches last season's 12th place he will have done brilliantly. Expectations need to stay realistic or disappointment will quickly follow.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:18 - Jul 31 with 3365 viewschristiand

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:01 - Jul 31 by BlueySwede

In terms of investment we are and have been relegation candidates, so in that aspect Mick did well. I believe in Hurst, but I can also understand that he is untried in this division and that media puts a question mark over him because of that. This season will be interesting and hopefully exciting. Things stagnated under Mick, for sure, but will Hurst do better with limited funds? Time will tell.

One thing is for sure, Hurst will get us playing a better brand of football than MM ever did. Without doubt things were going stale and that's what the outsiders don't appreciate, they just look at MM the manager and where Ipswich finished, not the nuts and bolts behind the scenes. They just scratch the surface with their opinions, not taking in to consideration the whole picture!

Login to get fewer ads

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:37 - Jul 31 with 3254 viewsdavblue

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:18 - Jul 31 by christiand

One thing is for sure, Hurst will get us playing a better brand of football than MM ever did. Without doubt things were going stale and that's what the outsiders don't appreciate, they just look at MM the manager and where Ipswich finished, not the nuts and bolts behind the scenes. They just scratch the surface with their opinions, not taking in to consideration the whole picture!

I think its been forgotten that the first 2 and a half years were reasonably entertaining.
Not silky football or anything but good to watch at times.
I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:40 - Jul 31 with 3237 viewsVic

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:09 - Jul 31 by Steve_M

We have a budget that is bottom third of the table, with the exception of one season McCarthy's team consistently performed above that. That's not to say it wasn't time for a change, it clearly was and the second half of last season was largely tedious fare.

We have a new manager, who hasn't managed in this division before bringing in a lot of players who haven't played at this level before. Hurst has a very good record to date and I really hope he continues that here but it is not a given that he will. Similarly, the early signs for Harrison and Edwards are positive but neither has played a competitive match for us yet.

We still only have one experienced central defender at the club with a week to go until the transfer window close; Marcus Evans may have happily cashed in on Webster but we have to replace him.

No-one who has spent any time watching the Championship over a number of years would make any team a relegation certainty, it is far too inconsistent and unpredictable, but if Hurst matches last season's 12th place he will have done brilliantly. Expectations need to stay realistic or disappointment will quickly follow.

Nicely put Steve M. My feelings exactly.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:45 - Jul 31 with 3190 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Does it really matter what anyone is predicting currently? We’ll find out soon enough how Hurst fares - hopefully he’ll surprise people

Of course, I assume this works both ways - so if we are indeed 18th come February that will be on Hurst and you won’t suddenly be moving the goalposts and blaming Mick for leaving him a mess?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 8:46]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:45 - Jul 31 with 3189 viewsOsborneOneNil

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:09 - Jul 31 by Steve_M

Well said Steve. I’m hugely excited for this season, but as you say, a lot of unknowns.
I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:50 - Jul 31 with 3126 viewsMrTown

I for one am looking forward to Paul Hurst showing the championship that ‘little old ipswich’ are ready to defy the odds and push for the play offs. Just as he did with Shrewsbury, let’s remember at Shrewsbury they were bottom, 12 months later they were top of L1 and ran massive teams like Blackburn and Wigan all the way to the wire, I think he is going to do it all again!!

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:51 - Jul 31 with 3128 viewschristiand

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:45 - Jul 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Does it really matter what anyone is predicting currently? We’ll find out soon enough how Hurst fares - hopefully he’ll surprise people

Of course, I assume this works both ways - so if we are indeed 18th come February that will be on Hurst and you won’t suddenly be moving the goalposts and blaming Mick for leaving him a mess?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 8:46]

Chris Wilder had a reasonable first season with Sheffield United back in the Championship, hope PH surprises many in equal measure!!! All managers have to take that step to prove themselves in a higher level, here's PH's opportunity to shine. He might take to it like a duck to water!!!

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 10:12 - Jul 31 with 2926 viewsitfcjoe

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:51 - Jul 31 by christiand

Chris Wilder had a reasonable first season with Sheffield United back in the Championship, hope PH surprises many in equal measure!!! All managers have to take that step to prove themselves in a higher level, here's PH's opportunity to shine. He might take to it like a duck to water!!!

It's a bit different when you have managed the squad previously.

Hurst has a lot of squad management to do, he's clearly not been happy with pre season schedule etc.

If he can get us through this season and keep us up with comfort then he has done well and will be going into next season when he has shaped his squad, with his pre season and his ideas fully across in a good place.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 12:08 - Jul 31 with 2747 viewschristiand

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 08:37 - Jul 31 by davblue

I think its been forgotten that the first 2 and a half years were reasonably entertaining.
Not silky football or anything but good to watch at times.

Not sure I was ever really entertained, some of the games during that early spell were like dogs of war, not much football. MM crucially got results, but the entertainment was questionable.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:12]

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 12:14 - Jul 31 with 2704 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nice rallying call. I'm all for that. We've had a pretty good pre-season, let's hope we can carry it on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 2569 viewsSuperfrans

You also have to factor in players such as Celina, CCV and Connolly (particularly) as players who played lots of games in the second half of last season, but are no longer available. Of course, we can replace them i the coming month (either loans or perms) but they are currently gaps, as things stand.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 13:12 - Jul 31 with 2558 viewsJ2BLUE

Didn't you say when looking at players you focus on those expected to do best? That's what pundits do. Sit them down and ask them who we've signed and they probably couldn't name anyone. Ask them is any key players have signed new deals. They probably can't answer.

In short, who cares?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 13:19 - Jul 31 with 2517 viewsDanFord

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 13:12 - Jul 31 by J2BLUE

Didn't you say when looking at players you focus on those expected to do best? That's what pundits do. Sit them down and ask them who we've signed and they probably couldn't name anyone. Ask them is any key players have signed new deals. They probably can't answer.

In short, who cares?

Of course. I just find it amazing that with what Hurst achieved last year and seeing how some teams come up from League One with worse squads than we have and fight for the playoffs or survive comfortably how this squad and this manager is suddenly this years Burton, which is what some 'experts' are suggesting.

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 13:22 - Jul 31 with 2503 viewsitfcjoe

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 13:19 - Jul 31 by DanFord

Of course. I just find it amazing that with what Hurst achieved last year and seeing how some teams come up from League One with worse squads than we have and fight for the playoffs or survive comfortably how this squad and this manager is suddenly this years Burton, which is what some 'experts' are suggesting.

L1 is a pretty big drop off though - Rotherham and Wigan were dog sh*t in the Championship in 16/17 and Blackburn weren't much better and bar Hurst's Shrewsbury team no-one got near them last year.

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 13:25 - Jul 31 with 2492 viewsjpring89

The first 45 mins against West Ham albeit a friendly match has already told me we are not going down this year. Nobody is really going to know what the expect from us this season and to me that for us is a great advantage to us.
The element of surprise in football will be good for us as teams are used to Micks style and wised up to it. Looking forward to seeing how teams will cope with our new style of play.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 13:27 - Jul 31 with 2478 viewsDanFord

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 13:22 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

L1 is a pretty big drop off though - Rotherham and Wigan were dog sh*t in the Championship in 16/17 and Blackburn weren't much better and bar Hurst's Shrewsbury team no-one got near them last year.

Both Southampton and Norwich went straight up after promotion from League One, Sheffield United were in the playoff mix all of last season. It happens. We aren't Rotherham or Wigan. We finished 12th, have lost some players, have brought some in too and have a chunk of cash to improve the side. Plus we look to have a manager who gets greater than the sum of the teams parts. Is our sum so low that even he can only get us 22nd! I think not.

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 13:35 - Jul 31 with 2441 viewsitfcjoe

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 13:27 - Jul 31 by DanFord

Both Southampton and Norwich went straight up after promotion from League One, Sheffield United were in the playoff mix all of last season. It happens. We aren't Rotherham or Wigan. We finished 12th, have lost some players, have brought some in too and have a chunk of cash to improve the side. Plus we look to have a manager who gets greater than the sum of the teams parts. Is our sum so low that even he can only get us 22nd! I think not.

We haven’t got a squad of players in a winning habit though like them, that have played week in week out together and a manager who has his squad in place.

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 13:36 - Jul 31 with 2427 viewshype313

I’m fed up with this Micks legacy BS on 13:35 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

We haven’t got a squad of players in a winning habit though like them, that have played week in week out together and a manager who has his squad in place.

Also, both Norwich and Southampton had momentum from the previous seasons promotion, our situation is completely different.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024