Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? 13:03 - Aug 2 with 2186 viewsFrimleyBlue

Local Media positive, fans positive, Young exciting players, players seeing town as a step up not a step down. The club just feels completely different

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 13:06 - Aug 2 with 2162 viewsDanFord

Almost everything has changed. You've got a new manager who is young, compared to one who is old, one who wants teams to worry about us rather than worrying about them, the squad is being filled with young talent, whereas 10 years ago it was old journeymen, the fans are excited as opposed to bored, Evans is speaking up rather than being silent, Milne is largely silent rather than speaking up. All we need is a new badge and Bluey to be replaced with Paul Horsed and we are set.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 13:07 - Aug 2 with 2158 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't want to be that guy, but we need to be careful not to rewrite history. MM was a decent manager for us overall and although there are plenty of decent developments it's not like he was terrible. I keep seeing people say we have our Ipswich back. People said exactly that under MM. We all chipped in and bought him a Christmas present! Absolutely right time to bring a new man in and it's all very exciting but lets keep some balance about the previous manager.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 13:08 - Aug 2 with 2154 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 13:06 - Aug 2 by DanFord

Almost everything has changed. You've got a new manager who is young, compared to one who is old, one who wants teams to worry about us rather than worrying about them, the squad is being filled with young talent, whereas 10 years ago it was old journeymen, the fans are excited as opposed to bored, Evans is speaking up rather than being silent, Milne is largely silent rather than speaking up. All we need is a new badge and Bluey to be replaced with Paul Horsed and we are set.

I'm not gonna lie, I was gutted when Ross didn't get the job, and I was worried by Hurst, but so far it looks like an amazing coup and even if he doesn't end up getting us to the top end of the table in his time here, he has given the town it's club back no matter how little time he has been here.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 13:09 - Aug 2 with 2130 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wait til we're bottom of the league come the end of September...

Yes, it does feel a lot better now. I hope we can take this positivity onto the pitch and into the stands.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 13:11 - Aug 2 with 2110 viewsOsborneOneNil

Well at the very least it is a much needed breath of fresh air.
Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 13:13 - Aug 2 with 2084 viewsDanFord

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 13:07 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

I don't want to be that guy, but we need to be careful not to rewrite history. MM was a decent manager for us overall and although there are plenty of decent developments it's not like he was terrible. I keep seeing people say we have our Ipswich back. People said exactly that under MM. We all chipped in and bought him a Christmas present! Absolutely right time to bring a new man in and it's all very exciting but lets keep some balance about the previous manager.

McCarthy was like a new girlfriend that picked you up after you'd be treated like dirt, showed you an amazing time for a few years, but then just went through the motions before it ended. You can't call McCarthy a bad manager when he gave us hope and lifted spirits so much in his early days but you also can't say he was amazing because for the second half of his tenure the football was as bad as I have ever seen. His spell was a tale of two halves. Fantastic for the first half and awful for the second half. A bit like being 4-0 up at half time with free flowing football and then winning 4-3 after an abysmal second half of trying to defend. We still won overall.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 13:34 - Aug 2 with 1989 viewsGarv

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 13:07 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

Yep. Same when Mick came in after Jewell, same with Jewell after Keane.

Excitement is valid as the change seems so great and its such a different approach. PH talks an excellent game. But basically we have no idea how it will pan out.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 13:41 - Aug 2 with 1942 viewsEireannach_gorm

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 14:19 - Aug 2 with 1874 viewsBlueBadger

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 13:34 - Aug 2 by Garv

Yep. Same when Mick came in after Jewell, same with Jewell after Keane.

Excitement is valid as the change seems so great and its such a different approach. PH talks an excellent game. But basically we have no idea how it will pan out.

Hurst hopefully has more in common with Mick than he does Jewell or Keane. The former genuinely improved our fortunes until he went stale and overstayed his welcome. The latter two went straight for stale.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 14:34 - Aug 2 with 1816 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 14:19 - Aug 2 by BlueBadger

Hurst hopefully has more in common with Mick than he does Jewell or Keane. The former genuinely improved our fortunes until he went stale and overstayed his welcome. The latter two went straight for stale.

Hear hear.

I'm really excited for Hurst because he's going to bring something different which was definitely needed at the end but also optimistic because it's building on a solid foundation that Mick takes a lot of credit for.

I think those who are determined to discredit the past and want to turn this into a triumph of good over evil or some other revisionist rubbish are going to be tying themselves in knots trying to narrate that story. Should be amusing at least but I worry about their sanity trying to do that at every twist and turn over this and coming seasons.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 14:37 - Aug 2 with 1794 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 14:42 - Aug 2 with 1765 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 14:37 - Aug 2 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Isn't that part of J2's point? Most of us have moved on. But I'm still seeing as much reference to MM's perceived shortcomings as being excited about the future under PH.

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 15:13 - Aug 2 with 1682 viewsOsborneOneNil

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 14:42 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

Isn't that part of J2's point? Most of us have moved on. But I'm still seeing as much reference to MM's perceived shortcomings as being excited about the future under PH.

The 'move on' comment was tongue in cheek.

Nope, we all compare as it's only natural. Dan is right, MM was fantastic for us in getting out of the mire......but then it was awful. No bad feelings though, just overstayed his welcome by a year or two. If we start popping the ball about and keeping some sort of possession (something not seen at PR in ages) then are you telling me you won't look to your mate and say 'blimey, this is much better than last season'? You'll also be comparing.

Worst case, it'll be much better to watch, on the basis it can't be any worse, but we'll lose a few more.......I'll settle for that. For the record, I think we'll be alright.
Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 15:19 - Aug 2 with 1652 viewsWithnail

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 14:34 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

Hear hear.

I'm really excited for Hurst because he's going to bring something different which was definitely needed at the end but also optimistic because it's building on a solid foundation that Mick takes a lot of credit for.

I think those who are determined to discredit the past and want to turn this into a triumph of good over evil or some other revisionist rubbish are going to be tying themselves in knots trying to narrate that story. Should be amusing at least but I worry about their sanity trying to do that at every twist and turn over this and coming seasons.

Hopefully we can play well even if it's drizzling.

That still makes me chuckle!
Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 15:34 - Aug 2 with 1610 viewsBlueBadger

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 14:34 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

Hear hear.

I personally cannot wait for the first time something like this happens. It'll be 'well said Roy' all over again in some corners.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 15:38 - Aug 2 with 1594 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it just me or does it feel like the club has reborn? on 15:19 - Aug 2 by Withnail

Hopefully we can play well even if it's drizzling.

That still makes me chuckle!

Does it?

I bet you don't even remember what I said.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024