Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just watched further highlights... 12:13 - Aug 12 with 3177 viewsITFCBlues

Lots of encouraging play. Good passing and getting into good positions on numerous occasions without actually having a shot or creating that clear cut chance.

Harrison should’ve done better with his chance. Nsiala got the ball, was never a FK. Not sure Nolan’s pen appeal in first half was a pen. Didn’t show the Roberts one.

There’s plenty to be encouraged about. It’s just the patience side that a lot of people will struggle with. They think that now Micks gone we will instantly play free flowing attacking football and score lots of goals in the process when in reality, it takes time.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Just watched further highlights... on 12:17 - Aug 12 with 3136 viewsJ2BLUE

Sam Allardyce is on Goals on Sunday. Talking about Fulham he said "you can't start 7 new players and expect to be a team overnight".

We'll be fine. Hurst deserves this season to redesign and rebuild. I really am worried we'll be getting the usual suspects turning soon. Twenty minutes into yesterday's game the negativity started...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just watched further highlights... on 12:22 - Aug 12 with 3092 viewsreusersfreekicks

Yep really encouraged by that - key difference for me is players making themselves available to receive the ball. think the goal was unlucky - could have fallen anywhere.
Upwards and onwards!
Just watched further highlights... on 12:24 - Aug 12 with 3077 viewswkj

I too feel there were more possitives than negatives, though some of the negatives really seem worrying.

The main ones-

1. We started both games brightly and fairly dangerously, but a few players flag in the second half as you can't realistically be going in 5th gear for 90 minutes. We are at risk of teams, especially weaker ones, doing the old rope-a-dope.

2. Set Piece delivery - I wont go into too much detail here as many people have highlighted Ward's corner taking as poor yesterday

3. Left Wing - I am not a Jonas boo boy, but he had a poor game yesterday for me. The whole of the left side seemed badly used, so if we get Tayo on that wing, or a loan signing I wouldnt be surprised.

There are the obvious factors to consider about the squad bedding in, which are valid and I can not argue the toss on that, though the link up between the middle and strikers is a cause for concern and analysis.

Interestingly I talked to my fulham friend last night and he said at youth level Tayo is quite handy at drilled corners. My hope is that he starts at exeter and gives hurst a real show, as I feel he could be a spark on the left, if my friend's briefing on Edun is accurate.

I am certainly not flouncing, or being negative in my post, though it is fairly simple to see the areas we need to get working better, either by having two up top, or getting that link into the final third galavanised.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Just watched further highlights... on 12:26 - Aug 12 with 3076 viewsSteve_M

Thinking back, it's notable that the better play was in the first half, perhaps there are fitness issues - especially with Nolan and Nsiala being made to miss training - but the second half didn't match the first. Not only the penalty appeal but Chambers' header - which he really should have buried - is missing too which is equally odd.

Nsiala shouldn't have dived in there though, always a risk of giving the free kick away.

I still can't see a lot of goals in this team and that will be the big thing we have to solve to get points.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just watched further highlights... on 13:02 - Aug 12 with 2916 viewschristiand

Well judging from those highlights, we certainly appeared to be playing some decent football. Rotherham’s fk for their goal seemed extremely soft, although you could argue the challenge wasn’t needed - he wasn’t going anywhere. Looks like we had some half chances, as PH said yesterday, ‘We need to be more clincal’. Just hope he gets a couple of experienced Championship campaigners in on loan (a striker and a defender) with a bit of pedigree that could just tip things in our favour. Perhaps at the moment, we are a bit ‘green’ due to a lot of our players lacking experience at this level, but just need a bit of experience in key areas to help them along. This is where ME needs to step up and support PH with the funds.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

"Twenty minutes into yesterday's game the negativity started... " on 13:03 - Aug 12 with 2907 viewsDyland

Just watched further highlights... on 12:17 - Aug 12 by J2BLUE

Sam Allardyce is on Goals on Sunday. Talking about Fulham he said "you can't start 7 new players and expect to be a team overnight".

We'll be fine. Hurst deserves this season to redesign and rebuild. I really am worried we'll be getting the usual suspects turning soon. Twenty minutes into yesterday's game the negativity started...

On here, or at the game?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Just watched further highlights... on 13:05 - Aug 12 with 2899 viewsJohnny_Boy

Quite. I just watched them myself. Amazed how we didn't slot one of those chances.
Like you say, encouraging signs regardless of the result.
"Twenty minutes into yesterday's game the negativity started... " on 13:43 - Aug 12 with 2757 viewsJ2BLUE

"Twenty minutes into yesterday's game the negativity started... " on 13:03 - Aug 12 by Dyland

On here, or at the game?

Chat room which admittedly is a hotspot of fookwittery at the best of times.

The highlight was someone deciding he didn't rate Harrison 22 minutes into his second competitive start.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

"Twenty minutes into yesterday's game the negativity started... " on 13:51 - Aug 12 with 2732 viewsDyland

"Twenty minutes into yesterday's game the negativity started... " on 13:43 - Aug 12 by J2BLUE

Chat room which admittedly is a hotspot of fookwittery at the best of times.

The highlight was someone deciding he didn't rate Harrison 22 minutes into his second competitive start.

Ah, yes. The chat room is full of fkcvwits.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

That’s more good passing and movement than about 4 mick games on 14:40 - Aug 12 with 2617 viewsunstableblue

Put together from last season

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Just watched further highlights... on 15:14 - Aug 12 with 2511 viewsHerbivore

Thought the incident with Nolan in the first half looked l more of a foul than the one that led to their goal. Some neat play from us and I'd say some decent half chances, we should really have been in front at half time and then it's a different game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just watched further highlights... on 15:27 - Aug 12 with 2439 viewsgt81

I'm surprised at how slow we look during our attacks, maybe fitness isn't there yet but it's like our players were running through treacle.
Just watched further highlights... on 15:35 - Aug 12 with 2401 viewsBackToRussia

That really is a world away from some of the stuff we've played in recent years. On the front foot, looking to go forward. Front to back attacks in under 5 seconds.

I am going to go against Villa!

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Just watched further highlights... on 15:51 - Aug 12 with 2326 viewsReuser_is_God

Clear penalty on Nolan & that FK they scored from is dubious.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Just watched further highlights... on 15:52 - Aug 12 with 2324 viewsVic

One thing I notice is that the goal came from a cross to the far post.

We got stung with that 3 or 4 times last week;, I wonder if Rotherham had noticed! We need to get that sorted pronto.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Just watched further highlights... on 19:17 - Aug 12 with 2011 viewsDeano69

Was never a free kick and certainly wasn’t taken anywhere near the foul.

Not hugely convincing defending for the free kick either.

Other than that we looked quite good, some nice moves, good range of passing, good opportunities but sadly lacking that killer instinct.

Promising from a newly assembled team.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Just watched further highlights... on 19:36 - Aug 12 with 1954 viewsm14_blue

Difficult to get a true picture from the highlights but we look pretty good there.

Very frustrating to lose, particularly to such a soft goal.
Just watched further highlights... on 20:55 - Aug 12 with 1784 viewshowdonblue

Just watched further highlights... on 19:17 - Aug 12 by Deano69

Was never a free kick and certainly wasn’t taken anywhere near the foul.

Not hugely convincing defending for the free kick either.

Other than that we looked quite good, some nice moves, good range of passing, good opportunities but sadly lacking that killer instinct.

Promising from a newly assembled team.

I agree that decision was pxxs poor thought Nolan and insiala look good
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024