Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pay per view 13:52 - Aug 14 with 1021 viewsHipsterectomy

With the BBC having a report out about most prem teams could play in an empty stadium and it have no effect on their financials how long before this ppv type system is trialed here?

You can buy every live game of the NFL season for £140 a season. Imagine the equivalent where you got every prem and champ league game live - I'm sure that from league 1 down most clubs would die.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Pay per view on 13:56 - Aug 14 with 985 viewsTractorBoyOlly

I'd rather this than be served up 'classic big games' like Cardiff V Bournemouth.

Poll: Final points total?

Pay per view on 14:33 - Aug 14 with 918 viewsGuthrum

Given you need a Sky subscription to watch any of them as it is, that's pretty much where we already are.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pay per view on 14:43 - Aug 14 with 896 viewsLeagueOne

What I find mad is we as customers cant just buy any game we want at any time we want in 2018 and ancient ideas of only showing certain games, attendance issues and so on prevail over logic.

In America you can watch all your teams games via the local TV, and guess what, the grounds still full. Even the local college teams. If anything it gives more potential supporters a chance to follow the team where they otherwise wouldn't especially outside of the super clubs. I don't see how say a Colchester is going to die just because their games have been made available to a wider audience? It's 2018, it should be available everywhere with a share of the buy rates going to the clubs.

I'd never take watching the game over TV over going to any game, it's not even close to being the same. .. but the odd away games I cannot make I would like to be able to watch too. I honestly cant see that how in this era it could really do any harm, the die hard, loyal fans, will always be at the games. If anything the laziest fans are the fans at the top!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 14:43]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Pay per view on 14:45 - Aug 14 with 887 viewsJ2BLUE

Pay per view on 14:43 - Aug 14 by LeagueOne

What I find mad is we as customers cant just buy any game we want at any time we want in 2018 and ancient ideas of only showing certain games, attendance issues and so on prevail over logic.

In America you can watch all your teams games via the local TV, and guess what, the grounds still full. Even the local college teams. If anything it gives more potential supporters a chance to follow the team where they otherwise wouldn't especially outside of the super clubs. I don't see how say a Colchester is going to die just because their games have been made available to a wider audience? It's 2018, it should be available everywhere with a share of the buy rates going to the clubs.

I'd never take watching the game over TV over going to any game, it's not even close to being the same. .. but the odd away games I cannot make I would like to be able to watch too. I honestly cant see that how in this era it could really do any harm, the die hard, loyal fans, will always be at the games. If anything the laziest fans are the fans at the top!

Don't America blackout certain games until they are sold out?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pay per view on 14:48 - Aug 14 with 873 viewsLeagueOne

Pay per view on 14:45 - Aug 14 by J2BLUE

When I was living up in St. Paul you could see every Minnesota Vikings game on TV without any issue if I recall correctly, in fact it was great for local retailers as people would go out and buy snacks and drinks for all the games. The Hockey team was on all the time too.

But a blackout to sellout would never work here, Ipswich would never be on TV ha!

Pay per view on 14:52 - Aug 14 with 849 viewsIllinoisblue

Pay per view on 14:45 - Aug 14 by J2BLUE

they did, but stopped that policy in 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_television_blackout_polic

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Pay per view on 14:55 - Aug 14 with 836 viewsLeagueOne

Pay per view on 14:52 - Aug 14 by Illinoisblue

they did, but stopped that policy in 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_television_blackout_polic

Also who here wouldn't buy a PPV Town game they couldn't get to? If it was like £5? It would be interesting market research anyway to see how many would PPV the games against attend, it may be cash cow Evans is yet to explore!

Pay per view on 15:00 - Aug 14 with 812 viewsIllinoisblue

Pay per view on 14:43 - Aug 14 by LeagueOne

not all NFL teams sell out. The top level college teams do; largely because their season is so short and they only have 6 or 7 home games.

But look at baseball; a ridiculous 81 home games a year and it's very very common to see whole sections of seats unsold.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Pay per view on 15:03 - Aug 14 with 805 viewsLeagueOne

Pay per view on 15:00 - Aug 14 by Illinoisblue

not all NFL teams sell out. The top level college teams do; largely because their season is so short and they only have 6 or 7 home games.

But look at baseball; a ridiculous 81 home games a year and it's very very common to see whole sections of seats unsold.

I wouldn't watch baseball if someone paid me though, not even on TV ;)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024