Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Didn't Walters leave the first time because... 05:31 - Aug 30 with 9508 viewsRIPbobby

He struggled living down south.

Sorry if this has been mentioned by someone else in another thread. I cant read them all.
Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 06:56 - Aug 30 with 5330 viewsColin_Viljoen

No he just couldn't work under Keane!
Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 07:29 - Aug 30 with 5224 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

It was largely because Keane couldn’t believe some of his runs.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 07:37 - Aug 30 with 5199 viewsstickymockwell

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 07:29 - Aug 30 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It was largely because Keane couldn’t believe some of his runs.

Keane and Walters just couldn't work together, so they called it squits and he moved on.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 07:52 - Aug 30 with 5134 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 07:37 - Aug 30 by stickymockwell

Keane and Walters just couldn't work together, so they called it squits and he moved on.

Picture that.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:16 - Aug 30 with 5035 viewsGlasgowBlue

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 07:37 - Aug 30 by stickymockwell

That’s simply not true. It was Keane who made Walters captain.

Walters handed in three transfer requests whilst here because a) he wanted to play in the Premier League and b) he wanted to move closer to the north. Two of them were under Magilton. Each time Town improved his contract.

The final time was after our opening day victory away at Boro . Walters refused to do any after match interviews as captain or be in any team photos.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 8:26]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:23 - Aug 30 with 4994 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:16 - Aug 30 by GlasgowBlue

Walters handed in three transfer requests whilst here because a) he wanted to play in the Premier League and b) he wanted to move closer to the north. Two of them were under Magilton. Each time Town improved his contract.

The final time was after our opening day victory away at Boro . Walters refused to do any after match interviews as captain or be in any team photos.

You cwrry on spellohg loke this minnion and GB's goihg to sack youz!

Edit.....no point editing it he catalogues all of it! Had a coffee now then
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 8:29]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:24 - Aug 30 with 5002 viewsitfcjoe

Under Jim after one request, Jim gave him a week or tow off to clear his head to try and get him to stay which worked for a bit.

Ultimately he had someone in his ear, saying he'd get a load more money and be closer to home and he didn't handle it that well - but because ITFC fans liked him over Keane he has sort of gotten away with it (Which in reality with him coming back is a good thing now....)

I do think he had trouble with one of his children too health wise, so his wife wanted to be closer to home - that coupled with the huge pay rise on offer means a husband has to do what he has to do.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:25 - Aug 30 with 4977 viewsRocky

Didn't Keane accuse Walters of feigning sickness - or am I dreaming that?
Login to get fewer ads

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:27 - Aug 30 with 4962 viewsGlasgowBlue

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:25 - Aug 30 by Rocky

Wasn’t that Delaney? I lose track of the number of players Keane fell out with.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 8:27]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:28 - Aug 30 with 4949 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, it was Walters.

Walters Hits Back at Keane 19th Sep 2010 09:53
Former Blue Jon Walters has hit back at Roy Keane in one of this morning’s tabloids, claiming that he had to send a photo of his vomit to the Town boss in order to prove he was suffering from a virus ahead of the Exeter Carling Cup tie. 58

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:29 - Aug 30 with 4937 viewsKieran_Knows

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:28 - Aug 30 by BlueBadger

Yeah, it was Walters.

Walters Hits Back at Keane 19th Sep 2010 09:53
Former Blue Jon Walters has hit back at Roy Keane in one of this morning’s tabloids, claiming that he had to send a photo of his vomit to the Town boss in order to prove he was suffering from a virus ahead of the Exeter Carling Cup tie. 58

TWTD.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:32 - Aug 30 with 4913 viewsBlueBadger

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:29 - Aug 30 by Kieran_Knows

TWTD.

The best part of that story is all the News commenters insisting that Keane was doing a great job and what a rotter Walters was.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:33 - Aug 30 with 4891 viewsKieran_Knows

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:32 - Aug 30 by BlueBadger

The best part of that story is all the News commenters insisting that Keane was doing a great job and what a rotter Walters was.

*checks to see if I was one of those*

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:36 - Aug 30 with 4862 viewsBrixtonBlue

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:51 - Aug 30 with 4769 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Had a big fall out with Keane.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:56 - Aug 30 with 4747 viewsGuthrum

He was at the club for three and a half years, didn't leave until the first month of Keane's second season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:58 - Aug 30 with 4734 viewsGuthrum

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:51 - Aug 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

Had a big fall out with Keane.

Walters Will Never Play for Town Again 14th Aug 2010 18:58
Boss Roy Keane says former skipper Jon Walters will never play for the club again as long as he is manager. Walters, who is the subject of a new transfer bid, was stripped of the captaincy yesterday with Keane dropping him from today’s team and disciplining him for his reaction to being given the news. 87

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:03 - Aug 30 with 4691 viewsitfcjoe

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:58 - Aug 30 by Guthrum

Boss Roy Keane says former skipper Jon Walters will never play for the club again as long as he is manager. Walters, who is the subject of a new transfer bid, was stripped of the captaincy yesterday with Keane dropping him from today’s team and disciplining him for his reaction to being given the news. 87

Some great straight talking from Keane in there, am still gutted it didn't work for him here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:27 - Aug 30 with 4560 viewsBLUEBEAT

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:56 - Aug 30 by Guthrum

He was at the club for three and a half years, didn't leave until the first month of Keane's second season.

It’s almost as though he was waiting to see if Keane would still be here.

Poll: W or W

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:31 - Aug 30 with 4540 viewsBlueBadger

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:03 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

Some great straight talking from Keane in there, am still gutted it didn't work for him here

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:31 - Aug 30 with 4546 viewsHerbivore

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:03 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

Really? I couldn't stand the guy. The only season since I was about 8 that I've not been to a Town game was under Keane, he just killed my connection with the club. I should add it wasn't a boycott or protest, I just didn't really want to go. Football was crap, manager was an arse, we were "Roy Keane's Ipswich", it just wasn't for me.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 9:32]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:31 - Aug 30 with 4537 viewsLeagueOne

That is the only thing in this thread that probably has any basis in reality. He was unwell and had to take a photo to prove he had been sick because Keane accused him of making it up, it was after then he handed in his transfer request.

The rest of this is thread appears to be mostly fan fiction. Footballers always use offers to improve their contracts at their existing clubs, Walters was no different. I can't wait to see what people say about Bart in the future....

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:33 - Aug 30 with 4520 viewsBlueBadger

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:58 - Aug 30 by Guthrum

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... by BlueBadger 30 Aug 2018 8:32

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:34 - Aug 30 with 4507 viewsBrixtonBlue

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:31 - Aug 30 by LeagueOne

That is the only thing in this thread that probably has any basis in reality. He was unwell and had to take a photo to prove he had been sick because Keane accused him of making it up, it was after then he handed in his transfer request.

The rest of this is thread appears to be mostly fan fiction. Footballers always use offers to improve their contracts at their existing clubs, Walters was no different. I can't wait to see what people say about Bart in the future....

Why are you called LeagueOne?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:38 - Aug 30 with 4470 viewsSwansea_Blue

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:31 - Aug 30 by LeagueOne

The 'closer to home' reason/excuse/cover story was definitely used though. ON more than once. GB's right on that one.

Anyway, I don't know why everyone's getting so excited. I'd rate the chances of this happening at 5% at best.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024