Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we do now? 15:30 - Aug 30 with 3658 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Who plays alongside Chambers now:
Knudsen is a much better defender than going forward so wouldn't have a problem with him adding balance to the left side of defence, wouldn't struggle for height against Jordan Rhodes but would limit us even more at set pieces.

Spence- 6"2 means he will add the height, quick enough, not the greatest defender howeve

Chalobah - Was originally a central defender, but with skuse out as the option to go into the anchor. Not sure we can afford to take him out of that role.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

What do we do now? on 15:32 - Aug 30 with 2975 viewsITFC_Forever

Play the new CB that signs in the next 24 hours or so.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What do we do now? on 15:37 - Aug 30 with 2940 viewschicoazul

Jonas hates Norwich & loves playing against them so as much as i think he would be good at CB I prefer to see him in his more active role giving them problems up the flank. I also don't see we have a viable solution at LB if he moves. So Spence for me sadly.
This is all unless we sign Bonnuci or a Matt Elliott type in the next day or so.

EDIT; suppose we could go Spence at RB and Donacien at LB though.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 15:38]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What do we do now? on 15:38 - Aug 30 with 2928 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

What do we do now? on 15:32 - Aug 30 by ITFC_Forever

Who would you sign?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

What do we do now? on 15:40 - Aug 30 with 2913 viewsSomethingBlue

What do we do now? on 15:37 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

Jonas hates Norwich & loves playing against them so as much as i think he would be good at CB I prefer to see him in his more active role giving them problems up the flank. I also don't see we have a viable solution at LB if he moves. So Spence for me sadly.
This is all unless we sign Bonnuci or a Matt Elliott type in the next day or so.

EDIT; suppose we could go Spence at RB and Donacien at LB though.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 15:38]

Your final line would disrupt the entire back four though. Need to keep it as simple as possible. I'd go with Spence on balance, but hopefully we get someone in who is match-ready — be great if we could do a late deal for Oshilaja.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What do we do now? on 15:41 - Aug 30 with 2909 viewsMullet

I am not Spence's biggest fan after Leeds away, but I think he might be done here. He was always a make do and mend signing Mick got the most he could from. I'd like to think he has a place to play in the squad but we seem to be moving so fast and so much, he is one who that looks left behind.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What do we do now? on 15:42 - Aug 30 with 2892 viewsITFC_Forever

What do we do now? on 15:38 - Aug 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

Who would you sign?

I don't know, I'm not Paul Hurst.

But it's no secret we are trying to bring one in.

What do we do now? on 15:46 - Aug 30 with 2838 viewsPhilTWTD

What do we do now? on 15:32 - Aug 30 by ITFC_Forever

If it's McAuley he's going to be a fair way off match fitness, I assume.
What do we do now? on 15:48 - Aug 30 with 2812 viewschicoazul

What do we do now? on 15:40 - Aug 30 by SomethingBlue

Your final line would disrupt the entire back four though. Need to keep it as simple as possible. I'd go with Spence on balance, but hopefully we get someone in who is match-ready — be great if we could do a late deal for Oshilaja.

Yep true. Spence it is then! Oh no.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

What do we do now? on 15:49 - Aug 30 with 2803 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Surely Wolfenden would be worth consideration?

I know he's been injured, but he played 90 earlier in the week and assume he's been training since (as not heard otherwise) so could be a fairly natural replacement without disrupting anywhere else.
What do we do now? on 15:50 - Aug 30 with 2804 viewsPhilTWTD

What do we do now? on 15:40 - Aug 30 by SomethingBlue

I wonder whether the news re Nsiala has moved things towards a move for Oshilaja - or someone else currently playing somewhere - rather than McAuley given the immediate match fitness concerns there would be with the latter.
What do we do now? on 15:51 - Aug 30 with 2783 viewsAnewHop

Woolfenden if he’s anywhere near match fit. Boy looks like he has real quality and his selection avoids disrupting any of the other 3 options who are already in the first team.
What do we do now? on 15:51 - Aug 30 with 2782 viewsMullet

What do we do now? on 15:46 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

Is it likely he trained anywhere or had a pre-season? At his age would he be likely to hire a PT over the summer like some pros do when out of contract?

We've gone from safe and dependable by and large, to the type of transfer window storyline that would make a decent arc on Hollyoaks or something.

What do we do now? on 15:52 - Aug 30 with 2774 viewsBiGDonnie

What do we do now? on 15:50 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

I wonder whether the news re Nsiala has moved things towards a move for Oshilaja - or someone else currently playing somewhere - rather than McAuley given the immediate match fitness concerns there would be with the latter.

Can't us fans get a whip started to get Tilt over the line? Few pennies each and we'd have the extra score needed...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

What do we do now? on 15:55 - Aug 30 with 2749 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes, it's a good point. McAuley would be very useful and is, to my, mind, still more than capable but would presumably need a month or so til he can help properly. We're in a position now where paying out a little more than we'd like for someone who can come in and play is probably the best idea. Problem is, other clubs will know it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What do we do now? on 15:55 - Aug 30 with 2732 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah about 4 years past...
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 15:56]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What do we do now? on 16:02 - Aug 30 with 2672 viewsPhilTWTD

What do we do now? on 15:51 - Aug 30 by Mullet

Is it likely he trained anywhere or had a pre-season? At his age would he be likely to hire a PT over the summer like some pros do when out of contract?

We've gone from safe and dependable by and large, to the type of transfer window storyline that would make a decent arc on Hollyoaks or something.

I don't know but even so he's not played a game since playing for Northern Ireland in June.
What do we do now? on 16:04 - Aug 30 with 2653 viewsKieran_Knows

Interesting that Oshilaja was at the club on deadline day. You'd think it would be one we'd revisit during this loan window if he was that close to joining?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What do we do now? on 16:04 - Aug 30 with 2636 viewsITFC_Forever

True... I hadn't considered that.

There's still a part of me that thinks Tilt might yet happen... there's been so many bluffs, and double-bluffs, it might yet have one last twist in the story.

What do we do now? on 16:06 - Aug 30 with 2611 viewsIllinoisblue

What do we do now? on 15:51 - Aug 30 by AnewHop

Woolfenden if he’s anywhere near match fit. Boy looks like he has real quality and his selection avoids disrupting any of the other 3 options who are already in the first team.

This. Has to be the Wolf for me. An obvious choice.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What do we do now? on 16:10 - Aug 30 with 2574 viewsMullet

What do we do now? on 16:06 - Aug 30 by Illinoisblue

This. Has to be the Wolf for me. An obvious choice.

There's something lovely about the thought of Woolfenden marking out Rhodes in a derby isn't there?

What do we do now? on 16:12 - Aug 30 with 2561 viewsPhilTWTD

What do we do now? on 16:04 - Aug 30 by Kieran_Knows

Interesting that Oshilaja was at the club on deadline day. You'd think it would be one we'd revisit during this loan window if he was that close to joining?

I'm sure we have, particularly as his contract is up next summer. However, that doesn't mean Wimbledon will definitely accept what we're willing to pay for him.
What do we do now? on 16:18 - Aug 30 with 2522 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What do we do now? on 16:12 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

I'm sure we have, particularly as his contract is up next summer. However, that doesn't mean Wimbledon will definitely accept what we're willing to pay for him.

Out of sheer desperation we may have to throw a new signing into the centre of defence on Sunday, but there are certainly worse situations to do that in than a bloke who has just performed heroically 5 days early against a Premier League team with a man disadvantage for 70 minutes, against the likes of Chicarito.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

What do we do now? on 16:21 - Aug 30 with 2501 viewshype313

What do we do now? on 16:12 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

Even if Tilt or the lad from Wimbledon were to sign, do you think they would go straight into the heart of defence on Sunday?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What do we do now? on 16:22 - Aug 30 with 2487 viewsmoughm

What do we do now? on 16:04 - Aug 30 by Kieran_Knows

Oshilaja would fit in for us after watching west hams second goal other night. can't defend from corners

COME ON YOU BLUES!

What do we do now? on 16:23 - Aug 30 with 2477 viewschristiand

For me:

Donacien, Chambers, Knudsen and Kenlock

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024