Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loans 20:30 - Aug 31 with 1201 viewsJ2BLUE

Some people going way OTT about our loans. We have five real loans and an unfortunate situation which the club has handled very well.

People seem to think it's somehow out of the ordinary to have five loan players. Lets see how many other clubs in the division have:

Wigan 6
Bolton 5
Villa 5
Middlesbrough 5
Rotherham 5
Leeds 4
Forest 4
Sheff U 4
Stoke 4
Blackburn 3
Derby 3
West Brom 3
Millwall 3
Birmingham 3
QPR 3
Bristol City 2
Sheff Wed 2
Norwich 2
Preston 2
Reading 2
Swansea 1
Hull 1
Brentford 0

Plenty of teams heavily using the loan market. I know people love to complain but lets not switch the goalposts now and make it about keeping the youngsters out etc, this is purely for the people saying we're back to the Jewell days. Swansea fans not happy about not signing more loan players today.

We have a solid squad on paper now. Lets see where we are in January.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Loans on 20:45 - Aug 31 with 1157 viewsSwansea_Blue

The other thing is that even if a player is signed outright, thrre’s no guarantee they’ll be here longer than a year. Garner and Waghorn for example. For the team I don’t think it matters as long ss they’re the right players. What we miss out on though is a profit on sales if the player does well. Anyway, some of these may be with a view to a deal.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Loans on 20:46 - Aug 31 with 1148 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Even Boro, Leeds, Villa, Forest with their mega money have 4-5 loans then.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Loans on 20:54 - Aug 31 with 1126 viewsJ2BLUE

Loans on 20:46 - Aug 31 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Even Boro, Leeds, Villa, Forest with their mega money have 4-5 loans then.

Thing is, why wouldn't you? Subsidised wages and players you might not be able to afford outright. If I was a manager I would be maximising use of loans.

Truly impaired.

Loans on 20:56 - Aug 31 with 1118 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah but coming on the internet & slating your club & your new manager is a lot more fun.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Loans on 21:09 - Aug 31 with 1091 viewsitfcjoe

So no one in the division has more loans than us, and only 1 other team is in situation where someone has to miss out......

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Loans on 21:18 - Aug 31 with 1065 viewsJ2BLUE

Loans on 21:09 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

So no one in the division has more loans than us, and only 1 other team is in situation where someone has to miss out......

Donacien should be resolved soon. Hopefully it will be a problem which affects us for one single game.

I take it you're not entirely serious as you're not that daft!

Truly impaired.

Loans on 21:20 - Aug 31 with 1061 viewsitfcjoe

Loans on 21:18 - Aug 31 by J2BLUE

Donacien should be resolved soon. Hopefully it will be a problem which affects us for one single game.

I take it you're not entirely serious as you're not that daft!

It looked like one of those times you start researching something and then conclusion doesn't fit but you posted it anyway!

Hopefully Donacien is one game, but if it ends up dragging on for months would you be surprised?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Loans on 21:24 - Aug 31 with 1039 viewsMullet

Loans on 21:20 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

It looked like one of those times you start researching something and then conclusion doesn't fit but you posted it anyway!

Hopefully Donacien is one game, but if it ends up dragging on for months would you be surprised?

This is the issue isn't it? "A few weeks" might mean it's 5 games, which is like taking another injury but isn't ideal. The risk escalates with any delay.

Given we're on the eve of a game we're seeing as so important for so many reasons makes it worse. If we had Huws, Dozzell et al. back in the mean time it'd relieve things.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Loans on 21:24 - Aug 31 with 1035 viewsJ2BLUE

Loans on 21:20 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

Not at all, I think it supports my point. Lots of clubs with at least four loans. Including clubs with plenty of money. I don't think a club like us using the loan market heavily is a bad thing. I'm not glossing over the facts. I'd have been much happier with Tilt than Pennington. Graham could well be with a view to a permanent move.

I'd give our transfer window a B-

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024