Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? 11:14 - Sep 3 with 3155 viewsBrixtonBlue

"Breaking" news on the BBC... and a mate has texted me about it, even though I don't listen to Chris Evans. And then he tells me it's obviously big news.

Sorry have I missed something? In all the events happening around the world, Chris Evans leaving his breakfast show on the radio is a big deal?!?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 11:47 - Sep 3 with 3071 viewsGlebeTractor

I think it's the fact that other than Wogan, he is probably the best presenter they have had on R2.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 11:57 - Sep 3 with 3047 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 11:47 - Sep 3 by GlebeTractor

I think it's the fact that other than Wogan, he is probably the best presenter they have had on R2.

Even so, is that newsworthy to the extent that it's breaking news on the BBC news website?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 11:59 - Sep 3 with 3037 viewsGlebeTractor

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 11:57 - Sep 3 by BrixtonBlue

Even so, is that newsworthy to the extent that it's breaking news on the BBC news website?

He probably could have gone about it another way, but hey ho, it is what it is.

I'd rather read about him, than Kate Hopkins etc.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 12:03 - Sep 3 with 3015 viewsJ2BLUE

You can forgive the BBC as it's their radio channel.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 12:10 - Sep 3 with 2997 viewsITFC_Forever

I used to like him... now he's a clueless twit, constantly getting facts wrong and talking about his kids non-stop.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 12:13 - Sep 3 with 2988 viewsTractorWood

BBC loves reporting on itself like people care.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 12:15 - Sep 3 with 2985 viewsSE1blue

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 12:10 - Sep 3 by ITFC_Forever

I used to like him... now he's a clueless twit, constantly getting facts wrong and talking about his kids non-stop.

After Jimmy Saville, it's interesting that they love a guy who had a regular on air countdown to Billie Pipers sixteenth birthday...

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 15:10 - Sep 3 with 2836 viewsBryanPlug

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 12:15 - Sep 3 by SE1blue

After Jimmy Saville, it's interesting that they love a guy who had a regular on air countdown to Billie Pipers sixteenth birthday...

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 15:11 - Sep 3 with 2829 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

His show gets just under 10m listeners a week

Glad to be of help

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 15:14 - Sep 3 with 2822 viewsBryanPlug

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 15:22 - Sep 3 with 2806 viewsBenters2

Balls he is a ginger tw@t more like !
Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 15:34 - Sep 3 with 2778 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 15:14 - Sep 3 by BryanPlug

Some people say that there's a dumbing down in the media these days. Some people are right.

Who's Roxanne Pallett? Who's Ryan? It's all a mystery.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 15:47 - Sep 3 with 2751 viewsWeWereZombies

Two words.... Trevor Nelson

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 16:31 - Sep 3 with 2714 viewssundaze

Ironically you are starting a thread about him leaving and telling others about something that you don't deem news worthy.
Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 16:34 - Sep 3 with 2700 viewsSE1blue

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 15:10 - Sep 3 by BryanPlug

Yup. When she was barely 15.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 16:37 - Sep 3 with 2695 viewsWeWereZombies

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 16:31 - Sep 3 by sundaze

Ironically you are starting a thread about him leaving and telling others about something that you don't deem news worthy.

And you don't see anything odd in taking the time to point out the irony?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 16:43 - Sep 3 with 2676 viewsBryanPlug

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 16:34 - Sep 3 by SE1blue

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 19:36 - Sep 3 with 2585 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 16:31 - Sep 3 by sundaze

There's nothing ironic about it. I'm not announcing it as news, it's a discussion on what is newsworthy.

on 21:24 - Sep 3 with 2525 views_

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 22:03 - Sep 3 with 2467 viewsGlasgowBlue

That’s made up bollox. She was 19 when they got married and they had only been going out for six months.

You have taken the old story about the Sun having a countdown clock for Charlotte Church reaching 16, which also turned out to be bollox, and applied it to Chris Evans.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 22:07 - Sep 3 with 2453 viewshave_a_word_with_him

It's weird what things are top stories these days, life is obviously so dull that the cult of the "celeb" is everything. Not necessarily wrong, just different, and I'm getting old...
on 22:12 - Sep 3 with 2447 views_

Why is a man leaving a radio station big news? on 22:03 - Sep 3 by GlasgowBlue

That’s made up bollox. She was 19 when they got married and they had only been going out for six months.

You have taken the old story about the Sun having a countdown clock for Charlotte Church reaching 16, which also turned out to be bollox, and applied it to Chris Evans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024