Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) 09:37 - Sep 5 with 14430 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 09:42 - Sep 5 with 8518 viewsWD19

Liz doctored the song sheets. Its her little joke.
Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 09:52 - Sep 5 with 8482 viewsBrixtonBlue

I hate that we sing Sweet Caroline. Nothing wrong with the song itself but it has zero connection to ITFC as far as I can make out. And I'm sure another team already has it, or did have.

Why do people in Lower North sing it with such gusto? I've been in there donkey's years, it's not like it's an old classic Ipswich song. Very odd.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 09:53 - Sep 5 with 8475 viewsPJH

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 09:52 - Sep 5 by BrixtonBlue

I hate that we sing Sweet Caroline. Nothing wrong with the song itself but it has zero connection to ITFC as far as I can make out. And I'm sure another team already has it, or did have.

Why do people in Lower North sing it with such gusto? I've been in there donkey's years, it's not like it's an old classic Ipswich song. Very odd.

Reading did it at the game last season so I imagine that is where it was copied from.
Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 09:57 - Sep 5 with 8452 viewsITFC_Forever

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 09:52 - Sep 5 by BrixtonBlue

I'll have a word with the match-day DJ.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:00 - Sep 5 with 8444 viewsbishops_hill

Why do Stoke sing Delilah, why do Palace sing Glad all over??? Agreed it's not original to ITFC and people are correct when they say we need one that is. But with all the negativity that's certain to follow any attempt to find one....how do we ever get one going???
Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:10 - Sep 5 with 8397 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:00 - Sep 5 by bishops_hill

Why do Stoke sing Delilah, why do Palace sing Glad all over??? Agreed it's not original to ITFC and people are correct when they say we need one that is. But with all the negativity that's certain to follow any attempt to find one....how do we ever get one going???

I imagine those songs have some significance to when they came out. Just plucking an old song for no reason makes no sense. I liked the suggestion of Story Of The Blues that was on here a couple of months ago.

Edit: The lyrics are perfect for ITFC as well;

First, they take your pride
Turn it all inside
And then you realise
You've got nothing left to lose.

So, you try to stop
Try to get back up
And then, you realise
You're telling the Story of the Blues
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 10:14]

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:15 - Sep 5 with 8374 viewsmaccyd9

I'll give him a nudge too!
Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:15 - Sep 5 with 8374 viewsWeirdFishes

Fully agree, find it cringe worthy.

Reading have it which is more than enough in itself to not play it.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:18 - Sep 5 with 8360 viewsJ2BLUE

I hate any artificial attempts to create something like that. It needs to be organic. Just picking a random song and saying this is our anthem is odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:20 - Sep 5 with 8348 viewshomer_123

I hate the fact we are called the Tractor Boys.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:20 - Sep 5 with 8345 viewsThe_Last_Baron

It's been Northern Ireland's song for many years. Not sure why so many club teams have adopted it, works great at Windsor Park but doesn't fit Ipswich at all. Or any other club.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:21 - Sep 5 with 8340 viewsTractorCam

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 09:53 - Sep 5 by PJH

Reading did it at the game last season so I imagine that is where it was copied from.

Nah I reckon it came from the fanzone after the England v Sweden game, they played at song and the however many thousand there went mental

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:21 - Sep 5 with 8334 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:18 - Sep 5 by J2BLUE

I hate any artificial attempts to create something like that. It needs to be organic. Just picking a random song and saying this is our anthem is odd.

Agreed. It's contrived and doesn't work.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:26 - Sep 5 with 8307 viewsITFC_Forever

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:00 - Sep 5 by bishops_hill

Stoke sing Delilah after it came on the juke-box in the pub before an away game in the late 80s and for some reason, all the Stoke fans in there joined in and then sang it at the game when they won and it stuck.

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:44 - Sep 5 with 8230 viewsTractorWood

Totally agree. Some people love it and start piping up but I assume that's because it's a boxing thing, right?

It's contrived, has no connection and is really generic. Hate it.

I'd go with Edward Ebenezer Jeremiah Brown, it's original and speaks to me as a Town fan.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 10:46]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:46 - Sep 5 with 8215 viewsBluJu

what's the awful "pipe music" instrumental tune that's always played? Really uplifting stuff...
Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:48 - Sep 5 with 8202 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:20 - Sep 5 by homer_123

I hate the fact we are called the Tractor Boys.

I love that myself. It's self deprecating humour - it was meant as an insult but then we started beating teams (when we finished 5th in the Prem - TWTD) and turned it around. It's like saying, "Yeah we're yokels, but we're better than you."

It's also a reminder that we can turn it around again.

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:55 - Sep 5 with 8154 viewsSteve_M

It's played at every bloody sporting event in the world though, or so it seems. Can't go to a limited overs cricket match without hearing it several dozen times.

Can we at least do something a little bit more original than that?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:56 - Sep 5 with 8148 viewsitfcjoe

Where has Sweet Caroline even come from - it's embarrassing

Bring back Edward Ebeeneezer....

IPSWICH, IPSWICH, FOLLOW THE TOWN

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:59 - Sep 5 with 8129 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would prefer country roads take me home. Guess you could find some resemblance to Suffolk with that one.

And with jonny Walters recent picture adds to it.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 11:05 - Sep 5 with 8092 viewsxrayspecs

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:59 - Sep 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

Would prefer country roads take me home. Guess you could find some resemblance to Suffolk with that one.

And with jonny Walters recent picture adds to it.

Much prefer Country Roads - it talks to the county and is unusual. They need to find a shorter version than the one they played on Sunday though, it was too long and too many changes in tempo.
Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 11:06 - Sep 5 with 8083 viewsITFC_Forever

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 11:05 - Sep 5 by xrayspecs

Much prefer Country Roads - it talks to the county and is unusual. They need to find a shorter version than the one they played on Sunday though, it was too long and too many changes in tempo.

Man Utd already sing Country Roads.

Presumably because you find their fans all over the country.

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 11:12 - Sep 5 with 8044 viewsxrayspecs

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 11:06 - Sep 5 by ITFC_Forever

Man Utd already sing Country Roads.

Presumably because you find their fans all over the country.

You learn something every day, did not know that.
Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 11:17 - Sep 5 with 8016 viewsPJH

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 11:12 - Sep 5 by xrayspecs

You learn something every day, did not know that.

Everyone knows that Man Utd get their fans from all over the country, don't they?
Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 11:18 - Sep 5 with 8010 viewsPJH

Why do we chant Tottenham after the first chorus of sweet caroline? (n/t) on 10:21 - Sep 5 by TractorCam

Nah I reckon it came from the fanzone after the England v Sweden game, they played at song and the however many thousand there went mental

Oh right, that makes more sense than it being copied from Reading.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024