Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him 10:07 - Sep 17 with 7252 viewsPopeye

Jewell went when Town were 7 points adrift at the bottom of the table so based on that he’s got 2-3 games to save his job if he doesn’t get a win
How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:09 - Sep 17 with 3775 viewsITFCBlues

Jewell had been here a lot longer than 7 games.

I very much doubt he gets sacked at all this season...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:09 - Sep 17 with 3778 viewsSteve_M

It was the third bad run under Jewell that did for him not the first. Evans has been patient so far with his managers.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:09 - Sep 17 with 3764 viewsbluewein

Forgetting the other 18 months he gave Jewell, and also the 14 matches he gave Keane...

He'll get time.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:10 - Sep 17 with 3766 viewsNo9

The point is would the Owner accept relegation?
If not how long can he give PH to pull it all together e.g. what is the latest sacking date
How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:44 - Sep 17 with 3628 viewsBasuco

End of the season.
How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:48 - Sep 17 with 3608 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ages. Have people forgotten already how ME has worked since he came here?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:51 - Sep 17 with 3587 viewsstewartm

Very difficult question to answer, Paul Jewell has been mentioned. I remember watching Peterborough put seven past us live on TV under PJ yet ME did give him time. I personally do not think Hurst will get no where near as much time and the reason is, PJ won games (also lost granted) but the rate PH is going, if we do not win a game in the next month then his position will be in serious jeopardy. People really think PH will get until xmas at our current rate/performance? really.....

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:55 - Sep 17 with 3562 viewsitfcjoe

I think anyone expecting him to be given lots of time to turn this round will be in for a rude awakening

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:57 - Sep 17 with 3532 viewsfooters

Evans didn't even sack Jewell- he left by mutual consent. Not sure I can see him becoming trigger happy all of a sudden. Will be interesting to see how he handles it if results don't pick up though. The players Hurst has bought in may well be underwhelming for a new man, so a January trolley dash would be necessary. Again, something that has rarely (never?) happened under ME.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:58 - Sep 17 with 3517 viewsstrikalite

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:55 - Sep 17 by itfcjoe

I think anyone expecting him to be given lots of time to turn this round will be in for a rude awakening

Must admit, I wasn't expecting that from you...
How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:58 - Sep 17 with 3509 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Even if we were relegated, Hurst would be given at least 1/2 season in league 1 to get it right.

Poll: Final points total?

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:07 - Sep 17 with 3440 viewsFrimleyBlue

IF IF no wins in nxt 5 games. He'll be gone.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:09 - Sep 17 with 3426 viewsartsbossbeard

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:58 - Sep 17 by TractorBoyOlly

Even if we were relegated, Hurst would be given at least 1/2 season in league 1 to get it right.

Really don't see that happening.

What's the battle cry from ME to all us season ticket holders at renewal in the event of relegation? Can't see ME letting it slip that far TBH.

If the improvement (league position not footballing matters) isn't seen I'd expect ME to cut this experiment off around Christmas and get in a salvage expert in for the January window.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:10 - Sep 17 with 3409 viewsNo9

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:51 - Sep 17 by stewartm

Very difficult question to answer, Paul Jewell has been mentioned. I remember watching Peterborough put seven past us live on TV under PJ yet ME did give him time. I personally do not think Hurst will get no where near as much time and the reason is, PJ won games (also lost granted) but the rate PH is going, if we do not win a game in the next month then his position will be in serious jeopardy. People really think PH will get until xmas at our current rate/performance? really.....

Some reports said, at the time, Paul Jewell 'stepped down' ?
How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:12 - Sep 17 with 3399 viewsfooters

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:09 - Sep 17 by artsbossbeard

What's the battle cry from ME to all us season ticket holders at renewal in the event of relegation? Can't see ME letting it slip that far TBH.

If the improvement (league position not footballing matters) isn't seen I'd expect ME to cut this experiment off around Christmas and get in a salvage expert in for the January window.

THE RETURN

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:14 - Sep 17 with 3373 viewsartsbossbeard

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:12 - Sep 17 by footers

THE RETURN

Ha!

Big Sam, Phil Parkinson, Peter Taylor, Steve Evans, Phil Brown or Arsene Wenger.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:17 - Sep 17 with 3350 viewsstewartm

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:10 - Sep 17 by No9

Some reports said, at the time, Paul Jewell 'stepped down' ?

To be honest I cannot remember what happened officially to PJ.

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:18 - Sep 17 with 3345 viewsHennikerBlu

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:09 - Sep 17 by artsbossbeard

Good post. Pragmatic business factors will take over.
How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:19 - Sep 17 with 3339 viewsPJH

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:12 - Sep 17 by footers

THE RETURN

It would not be but it would probably need someone very much like MM to sort out the mess if it got to that stage.
How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:19 - Sep 17 with 3339 viewsfooters

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:14 - Sep 17 by artsbossbeard

Ha!

Big Sam, Phil Parkinson, Peter Taylor, Steve Evans, Phil Brown or Arsene Wenger.

"Hi Mick, it's Marcus. I was wondering if you know of any out of work managers who can stave of relegation on a shoestring budget?"

MM:

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:27 - Sep 17 with 3298 viewsFrimleyBlue

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:19 - Sep 17 by footers

"Hi Mick, it's Marcus. I was wondering if you know of any out of work managers who can stave of relegation on a shoestring budget?"

MM:

Good news Mick

You know those players you brought in, Waghorn, Garner, Webster, etc

Erm yeah, well we now have 2 non league strikers fighting for the position of most pointless signing ever followed by a defender who we can't actually play because we brought in that injury prone winger graham who strangely passes the Hurst fitness test but can't seem to run at all.

Extra good news, you know how the fans felt Hyam was the answer in the middle alittle while ago, well we now have a more pointless player in the form of Nolan, another gem from lower leagues who in 10 years time may cope at this level.

It's all good though Mick, the players for 1 game played good football, but they've forgotten how to do that now, so they're ready for a bit of hoofing, they started on Saturday.

Bart, you know the player of the season for 3 years. He's erm, playing with the u23s and pretending to be ok being dropped, so the good news is we can sell him in jan for a good 250k as he'll be demanging a move.

Also, positive on Knudsen, would cup fullback, well Hurst can't make his mind up on him as yet, despite seeing him all summer and having backroom staff who have actually more experience at this level than he has.... so another player we can offload in jan for 50k as he'd have had enough.

All in all, it's very promising for you to take on again. You'll need to look at the summer though as we are due to lose a good 10 players, so all that hard work you did to bring a side together, you'll have to spend the next 4 years doing it again.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:31 - Sep 17 with 3270 viewsfooters

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:27 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

Good news Mick

You know those players you brought in, Waghorn, Garner, Webster, etc

Erm yeah, well we now have 2 non league strikers fighting for the position of most pointless signing ever followed by a defender who we can't actually play because we brought in that injury prone winger graham who strangely passes the Hurst fitness test but can't seem to run at all.

Extra good news, you know how the fans felt Hyam was the answer in the middle alittle while ago, well we now have a more pointless player in the form of Nolan, another gem from lower leagues who in 10 years time may cope at this level.

It's all good though Mick, the players for 1 game played good football, but they've forgotten how to do that now, so they're ready for a bit of hoofing, they started on Saturday.

Bart, you know the player of the season for 3 years. He's erm, playing with the u23s and pretending to be ok being dropped, so the good news is we can sell him in jan for a good 250k as he'll be demanging a move.

Also, positive on Knudsen, would cup fullback, well Hurst can't make his mind up on him as yet, despite seeing him all summer and having backroom staff who have actually more experience at this level than he has.... so another player we can offload in jan for 50k as he'd have had enough.

All in all, it's very promising for you to take on again. You'll need to look at the summer though as we are due to lose a good 10 players, so all that hard work you did to bring a side together, you'll have to spend the next 4 years doing it again.

MM would whip those ruddy vest-computer thingies off the players in a split second.

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:41 - Sep 17 with 3193 viewsITFCBlues

Why?

Should we be top of the league and playing free flowing football after 7 games of his reign? Brentford and Fulham were towards the bottom at this stage of last season.

If people wanted results, then why did we sack MM?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:41 - Sep 17 with 3188 viewschicoazul

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:09 - Sep 17 by ITFCBlues

Jewell had been here a lot longer than 7 games.

I very much doubt he gets sacked at all this season...

If we are bottom 3 in February he will go without a doubt.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 11:44 - Sep 17 with 3159 viewschicoazul

How long does Evans give Hurst before he sacks him on 10:58 - Sep 17 by TractorBoyOlly

Absolutely no chance of that whatsoever.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024