Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A lack of inspiration from the touchline 11:57 - Sep 24 with 1859 viewsportmanking

While Mick Mills was damning the lack of quality in the squad post-match, he also said something that resonated with me regarding "a lack of inspiration from the touchline".

I'm not saying the reason that we've not won a game is due to the fact that Hurst doesn't prowl the touchline like a Warnock, but I've noticed he pretty much stands there mute with his arms folded for the entire 45. His body language is always so defensive and insecure - even though he talks a good game I just can't get past the feeling that he's out of his depth.
A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 11:58 - Sep 24 with 1836 viewshomer_123

Keane stood on the touch line and happily shouted, bawled and berated.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 12:00 - Sep 24 with 1831 viewsReuser_is_God

I don't think that means anything to be honest.

Anyone who has played football at any level knows that instructions from a manager from the touchline go in one ear & out the other.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 12:02 - Sep 24 with 1818 viewsagentp

Have commented about this on numerous occasions on here. At the games I have attended the team looks lost and disjointed and I just don't see him actually trying to direct or motivate.

I just don't get it. Why isn't he shouting and trying to influence? Where is the leadership, where's the passion? I find myself unable to have too much enthusiasm for a manager that seems to lack it himself.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 12:03 - Sep 24 with 1808 viewsEastTownBlue

It is certainly a more modern thing for managers to spend the game shouting and waving their arms about. I don't think that it is really that effective.
A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 12:04 - Sep 24 with 1787 viewsportmanking

A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 12:00 - Sep 24 by Reuser_is_God

Anyone who has played football at any level knows that instructions from a manager from the touchline go in one ear & out the other.

Really? Personally, I'd say managers that positively cajole, praise and get involved with the game and the officials can really make a difference in certain periods of games.
A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 12:05 - Sep 24 with 1766 viewsportmanking

A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 12:03 - Sep 24 by EastTownBlue

It is certainly a more modern thing for managers to spend the game shouting and waving their arms about. I don't think that it is really that effective.

Again, I'm not wanting him to act like an angry bear for the sake of it, but he doesn't do enough to try and influence/rally the players mid-game for me.
A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 12:07 - Sep 24 with 1764 viewsagentp

A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 12:04 - Sep 24 by portmanking

Really? Personally, I'd say managers that positively cajole, praise and get involved with the game and the officials can really make a difference in certain periods of games.

In any pro sport, the manager should be. At a local level it's generally disregarded and ignored, but in level 2 it's essential when the team isn't ticking. Why would you not be encouraging and directing?

When the team is underperforming you listen. That's if there is anything to listen to.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 12:12 - Sep 24 with 1725 viewsyocal_lad

Was saying exactly the same thing at work.

Just stands and watches and makes notes...

The only leader during the match is Chambers, you can clearly hear him telling the players where and what to do in the game.

I am a big Hurst fan but he just isn't doing it at this level and doesnt look like he will
Login to get fewer ads

A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 12:15 - Sep 24 with 1702 viewsoldollie

A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 12:12 - Sep 24 by yocal_lad

Was saying exactly the same thing at work.

Just stands and watches and makes notes...

The only leader during the match is Chambers, you can clearly hear him telling the players where and what to do in the game.

I am a big Hurst fan but he just isn't doing it at this level and doesnt look like he will

In the golden era of Mick McCarthy he knew how to motivate and get the best out of his players

Hurst out McCarthy back
A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 16:30 - Sep 24 with 1370 viewssolemio

A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 12:00 - Sep 24 by Reuser_is_God

I think when Sir Alex sent out a message/instruction it got acted on!
A lack of inspiration from the touchline on 18:37 - Sep 24 with 1267 viewsBLUEBEAT

The players can't see him, I guess.

He is a very tiny person.

Perhaps his next signing should be a tennis umpire chair...?

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024