Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst 22:29 - Oct 2 with 2783 viewsMariner72

Hi all,
I’m a Grimsby Town season ticket holder and a fellow tractor boy. When you made PH manager I thought the worse. He’s a lower league manager out of his depth, his main problem is contacts. When he arrived at Grimsby he had a good record with Boston Utd . Yes Boston. He wasn’t alone,hehad his side kick Rob Scott as they came as a pair. Rob was the main mouth piece while PH was the thinker. This relationship didn’t last long . Then came Chris Doig. As a fan I always give new managers players time. But after watching his teams for 5 years , I’ve come to this conclusion. He is a negative / conservative manager . It took us 5 years to get out of the conference, my view at the time was we need a positive manager as there was only 1 promotion spot. Mr H was the opposite , negative , strange substitutions , always around 70mins, always bigged up the opposition like it was Real Madrid, but we played the likes of Ebbs fleet. Slagged off the fans saying we where spoilt etc. He was like marmite to Grimsby fans. He’s not a championship manager , and I fear for my team of my youth. He’s brought in his former Grimsby players also . Who couldn’t even cut it at conference level. CB with mistakes in him and a ball player who couldn’t get a game at Lincoln . He came to us and we went down hill from when he signed. Why ? Because he needs 2 players doing his donkey work. I watched tonight and it still is the same . Nolan is no David Silva. You had no threat up front yet you was a home . This is a PH team through and through , boring negative team. Get rid now while you still have time. I remember the likes of Beatie, Gates Mariner etc where has this great club gone?
Hurst on 22:33 - Oct 2 with 2665 viewsGarv

40 odd years into the future. Jesus. Really?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Hurst on 22:47 - Oct 2 with 2492 viewsMariner72

Hurst on 22:33 - Oct 2 by Garv

40 odd years into the future. Jesus. Really?

Garv , Don’t really get what your getting at? Yes those names are in the past with 2 watching the game. I’m just saying your manager isn’t up to it. And the players he’s brought in are league 1/2 level at best. You’ve had 3 months of him and already some can see through him I had 5 years off him . You may say he got us back in the league? Yes by luck. And 1 game at Wembley . I use to watch Ipswich a lot but due to distance I don’t . I have family ties in Grimsby and Colchester and surrounding areas hence why I like ITFC also.
Hurst on 22:55 - Oct 2 with 2368 viewsGarv

Hurst on 22:47 - Oct 2 by Mariner72

Garv , Don’t really get what your getting at? Yes those names are in the past with 2 watching the game. I’m just saying your manager isn’t up to it. And the players he’s brought in are league 1/2 level at best. You’ve had 3 months of him and already some can see through him I had 5 years off him . You may say he got us back in the league? Yes by luck. And 1 game at Wembley . I use to watch Ipswich a lot but due to distance I don’t . I have family ties in Grimsby and Colchester and surrounding areas hence why I like ITFC also.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be confrontational, just don't see logic in bringing up players' names from a completely different era 40 years ago just to highlight how bad we are now

I can't comment on Grimbsy whatsoever, but is 'luck' a fair assessment?

'Some can already see through him?' What does that actually mean?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Hurst on 23:21 - Oct 2 with 2238 viewsMariner72

Hurst on 22:55 - Oct 2 by Garv

Sorry, I'm not trying to be confrontational, just don't see logic in bringing up players' names from a completely different era 40 years ago just to highlight how bad we are now

I can't comment on Grimbsy whatsoever, but is 'luck' a fair assessment?

'Some can already see through him?' What does that actually mean?

We scrapped though the playoffs just beating Braintree , by a miskicked penalty. Yes we deserved to win the wembley game , but it’s a one off game , on the day etc. his team was negative and boring to watch and his signings most of the time were poor , even at are level. If you did a poll on him at Grimsby I would say only 30% liked him . When he signed Nisala and Nolan for 2 mill I thought it was April fools! Ask any hartlepool fan about Nisala. Surprised you didn’t sign Lenel John Lewis as he’s a hurst favourite. He will do good at lg 1/2 but that’s it. He hasn’t got contacts to ring in better players hence why he went back to shrews for players. Get rid now ,! I don’t want you relegated . Get someone in who knows the club, 2 where sat there tonight watching.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 23:22]
Hurst on 00:02 - Oct 3 with 2027 viewsBluedanW

So we pretty much replaced Mick McCarthy with a cloned younger version of himself
Hurst on 00:08 - Oct 3 with 1979 viewsHorseboy

Hurst on 23:21 - Oct 2 by Mariner72

We scrapped though the playoffs just beating Braintree , by a miskicked penalty. Yes we deserved to win the wembley game , but it’s a one off game , on the day etc. his team was negative and boring to watch and his signings most of the time were poor , even at are level. If you did a poll on him at Grimsby I would say only 30% liked him . When he signed Nisala and Nolan for 2 mill I thought it was April fools! Ask any hartlepool fan about Nisala. Surprised you didn’t sign Lenel John Lewis as he’s a hurst favourite. He will do good at lg 1/2 but that’s it. He hasn’t got contacts to ring in better players hence why he went back to shrews for players. Get rid now ,! I don’t want you relegated . Get someone in who knows the club, 2 where sat there tonight watching.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 23:22]

Lenel John Lewis, love that name, rolls off the tongue.

Roll on January......
Hurst on 08:12 - Oct 3 with 1480 viewsBryanPlug

Hurst on 00:08 - Oct 3 by Horseboy

Lenel John Lewis, love that name, rolls off the tongue.

Roll on January......

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Hurst on 08:21 - Oct 3 with 1431 viewsMariner72

Hurst on 00:02 - Oct 3 by BluedanW

So we pretty much replaced Mick McCarthy with a cloned younger version of himself

MM was long ball /physical , not really a ITFC fit. But he has one thing on Hurst .... Contacts. Hurst is just a conservative manager, try and keep a clean sheet and hope we score . If he was in the Prem he would have 11 James Milners. Get Burley and Butcher in, at least they will have passion for the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024