Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition 08:24 - Oct 19 with 5438 viewsartsbossbeard

If it's not a success, it's 100% the clubs fault and definitely not those who don't bother turning up then?

I've got 'Welcome to the cheap seats' by The Wonderstuff featuring the wonderful Kirsty MacColl in my head now also.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 08:26 - Oct 19 with 5002 viewsLankHenners

Unfortunately the stayaways won't come back until Mick leaves.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 08:34 - Oct 19 with 4982 viewsartsbossbeard

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 08:26 - Oct 19 by LankHenners

BOO!! MICK OUT!!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 08:54 - Oct 19 with 4940 viewsGeoffSentence

It's difficult to get people back once you've lost them. Success is what will do it.

Roll on success.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

on 09:08 - Oct 19 with 4909 views_

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 10:13 - Oct 19 with 4831 viewsCurrie10

Looks like a woeful attendance tomorrow given the offer the club are doing.

A quick look at the seat map does reveal one thing though - All the posh seats X / Y / D are limited.

Now I could be wrong here and putting 2 + 2 together to make 5 - however I'm going to assume this £10 seats from season ticket holders allows the person to sit in any section of Portman Road - not just the £25 ( cheap ) seats??
Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 10:14 - Oct 19 with 4826 viewstextbackup

on 09:08 - Oct 19 by _

Long winded way of saying you weren’t going

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 10:20 - Oct 19 with 4808 viewstextbackup

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 10:13 - Oct 19 by Currie10

Looks like a woeful attendance tomorrow given the offer the club are doing.

A quick look at the seat map does reveal one thing though - All the posh seats X / Y / D are limited.

Now I could be wrong here and putting 2 + 2 together to make 5 - however I'm going to assume this £10 seats from season ticket holders allows the person to sit in any section of Portman Road - not just the £25 ( cheap ) seats??

You are correct, I always get my grandparents a tik each, in the posh seats.

on 10:24 - Oct 19 with 4802 views_

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 10:14 - Oct 19 by textbackup

Login to get fewer ads

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 10:37 - Oct 19 with 4759 viewsHennikerBlu

As the tickets are only available through season ticket holders, the responsibility of passing the offer on to the public is down to them. Now I am sure many have done a great job, but my neighbour who is a ST holder (has two) wasn't aware of it. Now in fairness to him, he works bloomin hard, has kids and frankly has other priorities.

If the club is serious in getting numbers back, this should have been front page of the local rags, open to anyone to buy and 'kids for a quid' on top. I think the club does a poor old job at promotion and marketing. The club is slowly slipping out of the psyche of the local community, which in fairness has a lot to do with post industrialised modern society and the Prem; but they could do more in terms of promotions and ex-pro ambassadors.
Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 10:45 - Oct 19 with 4740 viewsCurrie10

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 10:20 - Oct 19 by textbackup

You are correct, I always get my grandparents a tik each, in the posh seats.

I thought as much.

In which case, this really isn't going at all well.
Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 11:52 - Oct 19 with 4671 viewstextbackup

I think the club are fcking sht at advertising the fact it’s £10 a ticket.

It should be all over papers, billboards (if they are serious about getting fans in)

Ditch the ‘you must know a ST holder’ - make it for everyone

Make it £5 for ticket, they should just say sod it and do what they can

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 11:54 - Oct 19 with 4660 viewsAce_High1

on 09:08 - Oct 19 by _

Agreed, the ultimate thing that puts me off is the quality of the football - not just ITFC by the way.
Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 12:14 - Oct 19 with 4627 viewsHennikerBlu

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 11:52 - Oct 19 by textbackup

It should be all over papers, billboards (if they are serious about getting fans in)

100%
Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 12:42 - Oct 19 with 4580 viewsIllinoisblue

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 11:52 - Oct 19 by textbackup

If only we had a ticketing and events guru in charge of the club

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 13:13 - Oct 19 with 4501 viewstextbackup

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 12:42 - Oct 19 by Illinoisblue

If only we had a ticketing and events guru in charge of the club

I have zero experience or knowledge about selling, but I’d bet if I was put in charge of ticketing for 1 game that I’d get more fans in to PR

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 13:24 - Oct 19 with 4480 viewssotd78

The trouble with all for a fiver is that then you have to offer the away support the same offer. Being a ST promotion makes it price controllable.
I've found four fans to come along.
Done my bit!

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 14:50 - Oct 19 with 4419 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 08:26 - Oct 19 by LankHenners

He's gone. Let it go. You keep waffling about him.

He is too good to be without a job isn't he?
Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 14:55 - Oct 19 with 4405 viewsitfcjoe

The only thing I would say is why put the needless barrier of ST Holder buying tickets into place, and buying tickets in advance.

Just make every ticket £10, including away fans, and allow for walk ups to buy tickets at that price too.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 15:09 - Oct 19 with 4382 viewsLeagueOne

I think there is a big failure on the clubs (and our supports) part to understand why our fanbase is the size it is now and it's not all as obvious as we're not winning football games, because even when we were in 2014 you could still pick your seat in the ground.

1. Ipswich as a town has changed in the last 20 years, as have the communities surrounding it. Many people in the Town itself, Towns outside and villages are now incomers to the area and generally do not support Ipswich Town and tend to favour supporting big clubs, an overall national change not related specifically to our club.

2. The Youth. Related to my first point is the youth in and around the Town. Most football fans view Ipswich Town in the same way say Ipswich fans viewed clubs like Yeovil back in the late 90's. We've become a footballing non-entity. You walk around Ipswich, or any of the surrounding areas and the kids have Chelsea and Manchester City shirts on. Kids play FIFA, they watch the Premier League, i'd say under the age of 25 our support base is one of the weakest in the country. They can get the train down to London to watch a big club for relatively the same cost to watch us get beaten at home by someone like Burton Albion.

3. Natural causes. It's a grim subject but our height of support were the 70's and 80's and aside from a blip of success around the turn of the century we've not grown an inch since, thuse many of our most hardcore supporters form those generations are either too old to attend or have sadly passed on.

4. The early 2000's. Between 1999-2003 we picked up a lot of the neutral support (and even the likes of Mr. Evans who actually had a Season Ticket at Chelsea at the same time) in and around the area by having played in the Premier League, had then new and attractive stadium and being relatively reasonably prices with quality footballers playing decent football. However these people were not the die hards, and after it was clear in 2005 that we weren't due to progress anytime soon they simply just stopped renewing. They are probably on the Spurs waiting list now.

I expect you could drop the ticket prices to £15 a game and you would still struggle to get the numbers out, even for the derby match. It's a sad state of affairs but the club is in decline, the way to get the numbers back is obvious and straightforward on paper. Hire a world class manager, named players for over the odds prices and the interest will spark and people will turn out to see them however our owner is not minded to do that (and i'm not saying he should before anyone jumps the gun), and thus we continue to decline as we are. Modern football is a totally different beast and we've just not adapted.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 15:26 - Oct 19 with 4357 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 08:54 - Oct 19 by GeoffSentence

It's difficult to get people back once you've lost them. Success is what will do it.

Roll on success.

Exactly. A lot of it was down the turgid football of MM, and to be honest the PH era hasn’t exactly got off to a flying success. If the club had tickets at £15 a match it might bring in more people, but these one off £10 a ticket for ST holders isn’t going to work long term, a permanent ticket reduction might
Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 15:32 - Oct 19 with 4341 viewsBenters2

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 10:14 - Oct 19 by textbackup

Just a bit!

He has what is known as 'Mulletitis' why use three words when you can use one thousand?

I will be there,i have bought two tickets just to boost the numbers up a bit.

Come on you super blues etc.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 4:21]
on 15:34 - Oct 19 with 4332 views_

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 15:32 - Oct 19 by Benters2

Just a bit!

He has what is known as 'Mulletitis' why use three words when you can use one thousand?

I will be there,i have bought two tickets just to boost the numbers up a bit.

Come on you super blues etc.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 4:21]

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 15:37 - Oct 19 with 4325 viewstextbackup

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 13:24 - Oct 19 by sotd78

The trouble with all for a fiver is that then you have to offer the away support the same offer. Being a ST promotion makes it price controllable.
I've found four fans to come along.
Done my bit!

Let away fans come for a fiver, wouldn’t bother me.

Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 18:20 - Oct 19 with 4215 viewscrunchie1978

Might have something to do with the utter s##t that's been churned out the last few home games.
Of course you'll have the 15k we'll support the team whatever turn up.
But ultimately if the product you sell is c##p......Who's going to buy it whatever price their paying!
Just to confirm - tomorrow cheap promo ticket edition on 19:13 - Oct 19 with 4154 viewsDubtractor

Just in case anyone was wondering. I will be there.

Thought you'd like to know.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024