Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dean Ashton on Talksport 14:12 - Oct 25 with 1806 viewsPopeye

For an ex Norwich player he made a lot of good points this morning. He states that Hurst is really a head coach and not the manager and is having to work mainly with existing town staff only being allowed to bring in his assistant. I think Hurst had a thinly veiled dig in his presser the other day about wanting to change a lot of things but not being able to and I am assuming he means some of the back room staff? Does he have a problem with Bryan klug? So what or who is hurst referring to? Ashton says Evans should invest or sell and think he's right. He got Hurst bcos he was cheap and the reason Evans didn't go for someone more experienced is bcos they weren't prepared to work with existing staff and under a strict tranafer/wage budget that's why Gerrard, lampard et al went to manage elsewhere and that's why hurst hasn't been sacked yet bcos they're are few managers who would agree to work that way and Evans is speaking to managers but no one wants to take the job unless Evans changes his mind about how the club is being run and managed. Id like to see Bruce come in but he won't work under that type of regime and fook all money to spend so realistically you're looking at another unproven manager at this level or someone out of work who is desperate to get back into the game and maybe had a point to prove
Dean Ashton on Talksport on 14:15 - Oct 25 with 1705 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair, Im not sure Gerrard or Lampard would have done a great job. Although they would have got some good loans in!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dean Ashton on Talksport on 14:18 - Oct 25 with 1654 viewsOsborneOneNil

I'd hate to have Bruce here.
Dean Ashton on Talksport on 14:20 - Oct 25 with 1622 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dean Ashton on Talksport on 14:18 - Oct 25 by OsborneOneNil

One thing it does show about MM, is that he would back himself on a very limited budget.

Most managers wont do that, and it says a lot about how good / bad they actually are.

Most managers are good managers when given a big budget.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dean Ashton on Talksport on 14:27 - Oct 25 with 1534 viewsHennikerBlu

Bruce might be good for motivation, "good game, good game" as the players come off and "alright my love" for substitutions. Might also solve these 2-0 defeats as you "get nothing for a pair".
Dean Ashton on Talksport on 14:28 - Oct 25 with 1507 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dean Ashton on Talksport on 14:27 - Oct 25 by HennikerBlu

Bruce might be good for motivation, "good game, good game" as the players come off and "alright my love" for substitutions. Might also solve these 2-0 defeats as you "get nothing for a pair".

Oh dear, you haven't been told have you.

Please take a seat.

Dean Ashton on Talksport on 14:30 - Oct 25 with 1480 viewsTown_Blue17

Not exactly in a position to be picky are we?

I think he would do a good job personally.
Dean Ashton on Talksport on 14:33 - Oct 25 with 1435 viewsWBBlue18

Second hand I know, but from what I've heard:

1. Klug does NOT get on with Hurst and wants to leave. ME is supposedly doing his best to iron that one out as he sees Klug as being key to the future and the deal on offer to Hurst was that the structure is agreed long term and he cannot change it (in the way Keane did). This was actually a point made by ME in his interview at the end of last season.

2. Players do not have an issue with Hurst but most do not like - at all - the way Doig deals with them. This is possibly the reason for a few changes at first team level - to pull Doig away from the coal face.

No other snippets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024