Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I WANTED Burley and Butcher... 22:42 - Oct 25 with 366 viewsScottCandage

But that is about me. I want the club to have that connection to the past and the fans again. I'm sure that almost all would have loved having them back. I would have been over the moon. Look at my avatar, of COURSE I wanted it to happen! But that's my heart.

My head was telling me something else. First of all, why would Terry Butcher want to be an assistant manager again? Sure, he was Burley's assistant for Scotland, but that's a national team. Why would he do that? Unless Burley was a DoF and Terry were head coach (Matty or Keiron as Ass Men?).

But that brings me back to Burley. He has no experience as a DoF, and hasn't really managed since 2011 (no, two games in Cyprus don't count). Would he be the manager to save us? Even with Butcher's help (if that's what Butcher would want, see above)?

In Lambert, we get a manager with success in the Championship (and I'm trying really hard to forget for whom), and he did keep Blackburn up when they needed it.

I would LOVE it if any of those aforementioned would be part of Paul Lambert's Barmy Army. But if not, oh well.

This isn't a romantic choice. But from who is out there, I think we made a smart choice.

[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 22:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024