Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC gone mad pt. 142442 10:12 - Oct 26 with 5218 viewsmonytowbray

Can’t even shout racist abuse at someone without being called a racist these days.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-45988890

She’s well within her right to reject his apology.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 10:16 - Oct 26 with 4556 viewsBlueBadger

I don't know about anyone else but whoever I get out of the wrong side of bed in the morning the first thing I look to do is throw a volley of abuse at someone who isn't white, that's not racist though.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 10:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 10:23 - Oct 26 with 4527 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Indeed, no more than stealing makes someone a thief or killing someone makes one a murderer.

Are Ryanair still not apologising either? I trust the full force of litigation will be felt by both.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 10:24 - Oct 26 with 4521 viewsJ2BLUE

Pleased they've rejected his apology. So often people get caught doing something then apologise and say it isn't the real them. It's nice to see someone call it out for being BS.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 10:35 - Oct 26 with 4462 viewsmonytowbray

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 10:16 - Oct 26 by BlueBadger

I don't know about anyone else but whoever I get out of the wrong side of bed in the morning the first thing I look to do is throw a volley of abuse at someone who isn't white, that's not racist though.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 10:19]

This exactly. Amazing to think he feels being in a mood is proof he's not racist.

TWTD never forgets…

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 11:37 - Oct 26 with 4389 viewsPendejo

So he's simply an unpleasant man? Whomever had landed next to him would have got some abuse? Did someone end up sitting next to him? If not maybe he should pay for the other seats.

As for the victims: Forgive & forget is quoted, but not operated... HOWEVER, I can thoroughly understand them for that.

Simply put, he used racist terminology he is therefore racist, however latent or suppressed this feeling is normally.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 11:43 - Oct 26 with 4373 viewsBlueBadger

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 11:37 - Oct 26 by Pendejo

So he's simply an unpleasant man? Whomever had landed next to him would have got some abuse? Did someone end up sitting next to him? If not maybe he should pay for the other seats.

As for the victims: Forgive & forget is quoted, but not operated... HOWEVER, I can thoroughly understand them for that.

Simply put, he used racist terminology he is therefore racist, however latent or suppressed this feeling is normally.

My take on it is this: if you can use the amount of vile language he did when you've lost your temper it says to me that you make enough of a habit of it when you're in control that it comes naturally when you're not.

See also: 'I'm not racist I was drunk'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 11:48 - Oct 26 with 4364 viewsBlueBadger

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 10:35 - Oct 26 by monytowbray

This exactly. Amazing to think he feels being in a mood is proof he's not racist.

All that says to me is that he's a racist who can't control his tantrums.

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 13:52 - Oct 26 with 4275 viewsjjblue84

I wonder if he's ever shouted abuse at a white person!
Login to get fewer ads

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 13:59 - Oct 26 with 4253 viewsDanTheMan

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 13:52 - Oct 26 by jjblue84

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 14:07 - Oct 26 with 4231 viewsitfcjoe

Whatever the reasoning, and how wrong they were, I can never feel anything but sympathy for anyone who is caught like this and dragged through the court of social media.

No one comes out of it well, and whilst he was in the wrong, the reaction and consequences will be OTT

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 14:08 - Oct 26 with 4222 viewsmonytowbray

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 14:07 - Oct 26 by itfcjoe

Whatever the reasoning, and how wrong they were, I can never feel anything but sympathy for anyone who is caught like this and dragged through the court of social media.

No one comes out of it well, and whilst he was in the wrong, the reaction and consequences will be OTT

What you reap is what you sow though. It's almost as if acting/being racist is a fast track to a hard life.

TWTD never forgets…

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 14:08 - Oct 26 with 4220 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 14:09 - Oct 26 with 4216 viewsmonytowbray

TWTD never forgets…

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 14:14 - Oct 26 with 4203 viewsRyorry

Sorry but this is akin to being sorry only because someone's caught - in this case, on camera.

I strongly object to the court of social media IF someone's innocent (or if the alleged crime's not proven), but in this case he was clearly disgustingly out of order, bang to rights.

Feel sorry for his family (if he has one) though.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 14:18 - Oct 26 with 4186 viewsitfcjoe

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 14:08 - Oct 26 by monytowbray

What you reap is what you sow though. It's almost as if acting/being racist is a fast track to a hard life.

Not for me, it's just way too much.

I think the staff should have kicked him off the plane and he should have been arrested and charged though - and had to deal with the full consequences of that.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 14:22 - Oct 26 with 4166 viewsJ2BLUE

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 14:18 - Oct 26 by itfcjoe

Not for me, it's just way too much.

I think the staff should have kicked him off the plane and he should have been arrested and charged though - and had to deal with the full consequences of that.

I never miss an opportunity to attack social media but this was entirely self created. He deserves the backlash.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 14:22 - Oct 26 with 4163 viewsnoggin

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 18:54 - Oct 26 with 4014 viewsronnyd

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 14:08 - Oct 26 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

What a ridiculous statement re the Brexit remark.
PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 18:59 - Oct 26 with 4001 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I very much doubt he has racially abused one but he does seem a very odd bloke so you never know.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 19:08 - Oct 26 with 3975 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poor bloke. He was factually correct in pointing out she is black. And we don’t know whether his guess at her parentage was right or not

I almost (not quite) feel sorry for him. He doesn’t come across as the beightest spark, and now has to face trial by social media. I feel a lot more sorry for the woman though - 21st Century as well

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 19:12 - Oct 26 with 3965 viewsjjblue84

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 18:59 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

I very much doubt he has racially abused one but he does seem a very odd bloke so you never know.

Impossible to believe that he hasn't abused other people with that temper!
PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 20:13 - Oct 26 with 3892 viewsSmithersJones

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 14:14 - Oct 26 by Ryorry

Sorry but this is akin to being sorry only because someone's caught - in this case, on camera.

I strongly object to the court of social media IF someone's innocent (or if the alleged crime's not proven), but in this case he was clearly disgustingly out of order, bang to rights.

Feel sorry for his family (if he has one) though.

And of course the classic “I apologise for the distress caused”, making it the victim’s problem rather than his own.
PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 02:06 - Oct 27 with 3778 viewsBlueBadger

Well, quite. It's totally her fault for being black AND of uncertain parentage.

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 02:44 - Oct 27 with 3756 viewsconnorscontract

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 11:37 - Oct 26 by Pendejo

There's different kinds of racism.

As a pundit, Ron Atkinson used racist terminology about a black player, and he was disgraced for it and it ended that career for him. As a manager he had picked and encouraged gifted young black British boys and helped them become icons.

What he said was wrong, and racist in that it was belittling of a person in regards to their race. Yet Atkinson didn't intend to cause offence, or belittle. It was unconscious racism, but racism all the same. But when you weigh it against the good that Atkinson did for black footballers, it doesn't compare.

In this case there was deliberate intent to demean and belittle by Mesher. And the woman's race was not just focused on as a target for abuse, but seems to be the cause of the anger that this man spewed forth. For him to claim that it wasn't a racist verbal attack and that he is not racist is not backed up by the video evidence.

Atkinson said something racist, but isn't "A Racist".

Mesher said something racist because he is "A Racist".
PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 08:00 - Oct 27 with 3656 viewsjjblue84

PC gone mad pt. 142442 on 02:44 - Oct 27 by connorscontract

There's different kinds of racism.

As a pundit, Ron Atkinson used racist terminology about a black player, and he was disgraced for it and it ended that career for him. As a manager he had picked and encouraged gifted young black British boys and helped them become icons.

What he said was wrong, and racist in that it was belittling of a person in regards to their race. Yet Atkinson didn't intend to cause offence, or belittle. It was unconscious racism, but racism all the same. But when you weigh it against the good that Atkinson did for black footballers, it doesn't compare.

In this case there was deliberate intent to demean and belittle by Mesher. And the woman's race was not just focused on as a target for abuse, but seems to be the cause of the anger that this man spewed forth. For him to claim that it wasn't a racist verbal attack and that he is not racist is not backed up by the video evidence.

Atkinson said something racist, but isn't "A Racist".

Mesher said something racist because he is "A Racist".

The man was angry because she was taking so long to move...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024