Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 12:08 - Oct 29 with 9829 viewsburian

I cannot understand the constant carping about Evans. He is not a Saudi with billions nor a Thai billionaire. Yes, he`s wealthy but not stupidly rich and he has been loyal to the Club after Sheepy and near bankruptcy. It`s football finances that have gone crazy. gone are the days when your average footballer had a part time job to supplement his player`s wages
Evans on 12:10 - Oct 29 with 6112 viewsBurwell_Blue

"spend more money" "10million isnt a lot of money to spend" "doing it on a shoestring"

Getting sick to the back teeth of hearing drivel like that.

The guys is a millionaire and can spend his cash as he sees fit. Until such time that others also stop their 9-5 mundane jobs and make something of themselves, they will have to put up with it and stop moaning.
Evans on 12:13 - Oct 29 with 6107 viewsstewartm

I can understand your post to a point BUT you have missed out the sacking of Magilton, the constant appointments of poor managers (MM not included) and the absolute unrealistic finances this bloke wants to run this club on (do not forget the debt as well). This club will get to a point in time when Evans will have to bail out and then what? If there is not some one willing to clear up the serious mess Evans and Evans only is responsible for, Ipswich Town will disappear.

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Evans on 12:15 - Oct 29 with 6080 viewsBurwell_Blue

Evans on 12:13 - Oct 29 by stewartm

I can understand your post to a point BUT you have missed out the sacking of Magilton, the constant appointments of poor managers (MM not included) and the absolute unrealistic finances this bloke wants to run this club on (do not forget the debt as well). This club will get to a point in time when Evans will have to bail out and then what? If there is not some one willing to clear up the serious mess Evans and Evans only is responsible for, Ipswich Town will disappear.

Why will he have to bail out - can you expand on your thoughts behind that?
Evans on 12:17 - Oct 29 with 6063 viewsstewartm

Evans on 12:15 - Oct 29 by Burwell_Blue

Why will he have to bail out - can you expand on your thoughts behind that?

I would guess, the point of bailing out would be when the Club's debt is just too hot to handle! 'catch my drift'?

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Evans on 12:17 - Oct 29 with 6064 viewsPJH

It seems to me that we could have a considerably better owner than Marcus Evans or we could have a considerably worse one but until if and when someone comes along and buys him out then he is what we have got.
I do not see too much point in comments about how little or how much his financial input into ITFC is because he is the person making the financial input that he considers to be appropriate.
Evans on 12:26 - Oct 29 with 6031 viewsBlueRaider

I agree, it's the huge imbalance in money, and the feebleness of FFP that are the major problems in my view

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Evans on 12:27 - Oct 29 with 6001 viewsSwansea_Blue

People aren't being koi about it, that's for sure.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans on 12:40 - Oct 29 with 5969 viewsdirtyboy

Realistically, how many management appointments by any club work out exceptionally well?

Not many.
Login to get fewer ads

Evans on 12:42 - Oct 29 with 5958 viewsFtnfwest

This is true to a point. I don’t think it’s ever that, within reason, there is a restriction on transfers it’s just been the valuation of targets that hasn’t been flexible enough in a lot of cases. We’ve often gone all out for one particular signing but given up and not got anyone when we refuse to meet the price, eg hugill
Evans on 12:46 - Oct 29 with 5945 viewsBurwell_Blue

Evans on 12:17 - Oct 29 by stewartm

I would guess, the point of bailing out would be when the Club's debt is just too hot to handle! 'catch my drift'?

Not really no. Its his debt, which he can wipe in an instant.

Its operating costs which he would have to decide was worth persevering with on a yearly basis.
Evans on 13:00 - Oct 29 with 5905 viewsstevieg

Its not just all about the money its because he hides away in the dark shadows and doesn't relate to the fans at all. He could learn a lot by listening to the tributes to Mr Vichai from the fans who clearly loved him RIP.
Evans on 13:15 - Oct 29 with 5864 viewsBluearmy71

"Yes he's wealthy" fooking wealthy!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think he is just wealthy I'd like to know what world you live in cos £700 million doesn't constitute as pocket change in my world!

When you see figures like that branded around it no surprise people think he could be able to put a little more in the town coffers!

I'm not ungrateful for what ME puts in 6m a year or so but the time is now when he has to realise if he really wants promotion or even to build a competitive team he is going to have to alter his thinking regarding club expenditure cos lets face it as it is his way as is has gotten us no where!
Evans on 13:24 - Oct 29 with 5829 viewsartsbossbeard

Evans on 13:15 - Oct 29 by Bluearmy71

If you think he is just wealthy I'd like to know what world you live in cos £700 million doesn't constitute as pocket change in my world!

When you see figures like that branded around it no surprise people think he could be able to put a little more in the town coffers!

I'm not ungrateful for what ME puts in 6m a year or so but the time is now when he has to realise if he really wants promotion or even to build a competitive team he is going to have to alter his thinking regarding club expenditure cos lets face it as it is his way as is has gotten us no where!

Apart from making town avoid admin for a second time, 10 point deduction and subsequent relegation, what has Marcus Evans ever done for us?
[Post edited 29 Oct 2018 13:25]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Evans on 13:25 - Oct 29 with 5823 viewsRegencyBlue

I would suggest you have not been watching very closely for the last eleven years then.

Leaving aside the lack of meaningful investment for years its been one stupid decision after another, which it really shouldnt be necessary to list again!
Evans on 13:46 - Oct 29 with 5745 viewsgeg1992

Evans on 13:15 - Oct 29 by Bluearmy71

This 700 million figure is his worth, mostly made up of assets. He doesn’t have remotely close to that to spend!

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Evans on 13:46 - Oct 29 with 5746 viewsElephantintheRoom

It might just have something to do with the fact that he is an offshore tax avoider grown rich at the expense of everyone else with businesses that are vile. His tenure at Portman Road has been dubious in the extreme whilst simultaneously being censured by the Olympics, fifa and the rugby union. Other than that I am sure he is nice to kittens.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Evans on 13:46 - Oct 29 with 5744 viewsBluearmy71

Evans on 13:24 - Oct 29 by artsbossbeard

Apart from making town avoid admin for a second time, 10 point deduction and subsequent relegation, what has Marcus Evans ever done for us?
[Post edited 29 Oct 2018 13:25]

And at which point did I say he has done nothing for us exactly?? or did you juts read the pieces that would suit your reply??

If you care to read it again you will see I was giving an objective opinion not a damming one, I am aware how he saved our club thank you but none the less if he wants to get us to where we all want to be then his tactics on investment for the playing staff must change imo or ( If PL can get us out of this mess) we could be here for another 16 years!!
Evans on 13:49 - Oct 29 with 5728 viewsBluearmy71

Evans on 13:46 - Oct 29 by geg1992

This 700 million figure is his worth, mostly made up of assets. He doesn’t have remotely close to that to spend!

Well yano, he should sell some sh!t!!
" the serious mess Evans and Evans only is responsible for" on 13:52 - Oct 29 with 5723 viewsDyland

What short memories some people have.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Evans on 14:12 - Oct 29 with 5677 viewsrickw

I agree, it's not like he's turning down offers for the club every year from billionaires wanting to invest £100m a season!
Until that happens it's his right to invest what he thinks he can afford and chose who he thinks is the best manager for the club, he's obviously made mistakes but I'm sure he's learning from them

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Evans on 14:17 - Oct 29 with 5658 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

People say what happens when Evans drops out. That won't happen. Evans is doing this for the stability and longevity of the football club, he children are passionate about the club and would imagine will takeover when Evans decides not to.

To spend 20-25 every summer is not Ipswich Town and nor should it be, true prices are inflated but doesnt mean there is not bargains out there, taken Garner and Waghorn, only 12 months ago we had the pair for less than £1m. Its not how much money you've got, its how you spend the money you've got.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Evans on 14:21 - Oct 29 with 5640 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Whatever you think of the owner, we have to acknowledge that football has moved on significantly in the 10 years since he bought the club. He now doesn't have the funds to regularly compete in the top half of this division (Mick worked miracles).

If he could sell it to somebody who does have the resources to invest (chuck away) hundreds of millions I'm sure he would. I doubt there's a queue. Buying a struggling championship club, in a town that's hardly thriving, and a supporter base on the decline is not a particularly attractive proposition, especially given its location.

Yes he could possibly do more to make it a more attractive proposition (e.g. reduce ticket prices to increase attendances etc) but frankly that's reducing the amount of money available to the manager.

Slate whoever you want but for balance we should acknowledge that Evans has given this club more money than anybody has in its history, he gives managers time, he doesn't change the colour of the kit etc.
Evans on 14:21 - Oct 29 with 5633 viewsNo9

Evans on 13:46 - Oct 29 by ElephantintheRoom

It might just have something to do with the fact that he is an offshore tax avoider grown rich at the expense of everyone else with businesses that are vile. His tenure at Portman Road has been dubious in the extreme whilst simultaneously being censured by the Olympics, fifa and the rugby union. Other than that I am sure he is nice to kittens.

You mean he's a typical British businessman?
Evans on 14:30 - Oct 29 with 5606 viewsBurwell_Blue

Evans on 13:25 - Oct 29 by RegencyBlue

I would suggest you have not been watching very closely for the last eleven years then.

Leaving aside the lack of meaningful investment for years its been one stupid decision after another, which it really shouldnt be necessary to list again!

But it is his company. So what, realistically, does it have to do with you? You are simply a customer.
Evans on 15:15 - Oct 29 with 5520 viewschristiand

For me, ME just chooses to do everything on the cheap. Money is spent at a minimum, investment on the ground is non existent and it shows. The club is creaking at the knees with the need of some proper investment, not a plaster to try and hold us together. It's small little things on matchdays where the cost cutting is evident. It's a think small mentality approach and he's finally reaping what his investment deserves, a club languishing at the bottom of the table struggling to compete both on and off the pitch. All his penny pinching has finally caught up with him!! He's got left behind and investing what he did a decade ago, things have moved on, but sadly ME hasn't! Don't get me started on some woeful appointments either we could be here all night!! To me, he is a reactive owner rather than a proactive one, if something occurs then he reacts by that time it's too late.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2018 15:20]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024