Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse injured... 20:34 - Oct 31 with 11015 viewsitfcjoe

...apparently was in a boot according to the reports from Lamberts first day (Either, Phil, EADT or both - I forget).

Does that mean he is likely to be out for a while?

If he is, I wonder whether it will help us find a better balance in the midfield as sometimes feel he can hinder this

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Skuse injured... on 20:37 - Oct 31 with 4637 viewsSuperblue95

Would it be optimistic to ask Bishop and Huws to manage a half each in his absence? Their return to the team would be a massive boost

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Skuse injured... on 20:39 - Oct 31 with 4605 viewsNo9

from what PL has been saying (about youth & tempo) Skuse maybe one who takes a back seat.
& that will be good to find a new set of midfielders with a better balance and a more progressive football.
Skuse injured... on 20:40 - Oct 31 with 4594 viewsxrayspecs

Skuse injured... on 20:37 - Oct 31 by Superblue95

Would it be optimistic to ask Bishop and Huws to manage a half each in his absence? Their return to the team would be a massive boost

Er. Yes.

Would be surprised to see either play this side of Xmas. So far behind others in terms of fitness given their long term injuries. It would be great to have them back in contention though.
Skuse injured... on 20:40 - Oct 31 with 4595 viewsOsborneOneNil

It’ll be interesting to see how we do with Skuse out, ball retention will be better. I think Downes will relish it.
Skuse injured... on 20:40 - Oct 31 with 4592 viewswkj

We need more cohesion behind the midfield if Skuse isn't in the squad. Skuse can look interesting going forward, in Hurst's first few games Skuse actually looked quite dangerous at times; then it all fizzled out.

Right now we need intelligent players who can drop into the space between the middle and back line, and for me Skuse plays a part, I don't think he hinders as much as the shakiness behind him does.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 20:41]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Skuse injured... on 20:41 - Oct 31 with 4571 viewsBrixtonBlue

In a boot? Have the mafia finally caught up with him?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Skuse injured... on 20:47 - Oct 31 with 4522 viewsOsborneOneNil

Skuse injured... on 20:40 - Oct 31 by wkj

We need more cohesion behind the midfield if Skuse isn't in the squad. Skuse can look interesting going forward, in Hurst's first few games Skuse actually looked quite dangerous at times; then it all fizzled out.

Right now we need intelligent players who can drop into the space between the middle and back line, and for me Skuse plays a part, I don't think he hinders as much as the shakiness behind him does.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 20:41]

Skuse, massively overrated by many on here.
Skuse injured... on 20:52 - Oct 31 with 4467 viewsJakeITFC

You’d think that defensive organisation and stability would be high on Paul Lambert’s agenda; Skuse getting injured puts a big hole in that for me.

For all of Chalobah, Dozzell and Downes’ respective qualities in a deeper midfield role, none of them are anywhere near the ability of Skuse to read a game and position himself well.
Login to get fewer ads

Skuse injured... on 20:54 - Oct 31 with 4445 viewsSitfcB

He was in a boot when he left the Den so must’ve known the severity straight away.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Skuse injured... on 21:00 - Oct 31 with 4402 viewsmichaeldownunder

I feel he is better as the single d/midfielder rather than in a pair.
Him sitting in front of the two c/halfs will allow the fullbacks to push on and give the midfielders ahead of him more freedom.
Skuse injured... on 21:00 - Oct 31 with 4397 viewsVic

Skuse injured... on 20:47 - Oct 31 by OsborneOneNil

Skuse, massively overrated by many on here.

You spelt underrated incorrectly.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Skuse injured... on 21:01 - Oct 31 with 4386 viewsMullet

Skuse injured... on 20:40 - Oct 31 by OsborneOneNil

It’ll be interesting to see how we do with Skuse out, ball retention will be better. I think Downes will relish it.

Like the second half at Millwall.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Skuse injured... on 21:09 - Oct 31 with 4303 viewsElderGrizzly

As we usually find out, our performances and results normally suffer without him in the team.

Not enough experience for me in the middle without him? Who plays in the midfield two, assuming PL goes wth 4 at the back
Skuse injured... on 21:11 - Oct 31 with 4283 viewsElderGrizzly

Skuse injured... on 20:40 - Oct 31 by OsborneOneNil

Downes struggless with ball retention for me. Leeds and QPR was telling and right now he is closer to Hyam in terms of style/ability just with more potential
Skuse injured... on 21:17 - Oct 31 with 4232 viewsPinewoodblue

Skuse injured... on 21:11 - Oct 31 by ElderGrizzly

Downes struggless with ball retention for me. Leeds and QPR was telling and right now he is closer to Hyam in terms of style/ability just with more potential

Back three of Pennington, Chambers and Knudsen if no Skuse.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Skuse injured... on 21:17 - Oct 31 with 4237 viewsitfcjoe

Skuse injured... on 20:52 - Oct 31 by JakeITFC

You’d think that defensive organisation and stability would be high on Paul Lambert’s agenda; Skuse getting injured puts a big hole in that for me.

For all of Chalobah, Dozzell and Downes’ respective qualities in a deeper midfield role, none of them are anywhere near the ability of Skuse to read a game and position himself well.

I think a lot depends on what formation Lambert goes with, if it is 2 men in the centre of midfield then can see Skuse struggling - if he sets us up in some form of diamond like he did at scum then he is ideal.

Any idea how he set up at Stoke, or Wolves and Blackburn previously?

Skuse injured... on 21:24 - Oct 31 with 4189 viewsblueislander

Skuse injured... on 21:09 - Oct 31 by ElderGrizzly

As we usually find out, our performances and results normally suffer without him in the team.

Not enough experience for me in the middle without him? Who plays in the midfield two, assuming PL goes wth 4 at the back

Our performance at Reading last season did not suffer from his absence, quite the opposite.
Skuse injured... on 21:29 - Oct 31 with 4157 viewsElderGrizzly

Skuse injured... on 21:24 - Oct 31 by blueislander

Our performance at Reading last season did not suffer from his absence, quite the opposite.

Picking one game doesn’t really make a strong point.

Over the last 5 seasons, we have been significantly better with than without him. His reading of the game as a DM can’t be matched by anyone else in the squad
Skuse injured... on 21:31 - Oct 31 with 4135 viewsMullet

Skuse injured... on 21:24 - Oct 31 by blueislander

This would be the team that were utter dog turd and lucky not to go down last season?

Talk about being selective.

Regardless, he and Chambers have held this club together off the field this season. We owe them a lot.

Skuse injured... on 21:37 - Oct 31 with 4097 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The idea losing a player to injury helps a good manager to pick a better team is so ridiculous.

Of course Skuse is rubbish. That is why MM never played him.

Of course Lambert would not be able to see that Skuse damages the team so much he would leave him out.

Utterly ridiculous.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Skuse injured... on 21:39 - Oct 31 with 4069 viewsblueislander

Skuse injured... on 21:31 - Oct 31 by Mullet

This would be the team that were utter dog turd and lucky not to go down last season?

Talk about being selective.

Regardless, he and Chambers have held this club together off the field this season. We owe them a lot.

Yes. It was only one match, and Reading were awful, but it was the style that we played, passing it out from the back and retaining possession thar was so refreshing. Everyone bangs on about the huge contribution of Skuse and Chambers, but they have both been pretty poor recently, and , as our senior players must bear a lot of the responsibity for our currnet predicament.
Skuse injured... on 21:42 - Oct 31 with 4047 viewsitfcjoe

Skuse injured... on 21:29 - Oct 31 by ElderGrizzly

Picking one game doesn’t really make a strong point.

Over the last 5 seasons, we have been significantly better with than without him. His reading of the game as a DM can’t be matched by anyone else in the squad

Firstly, record really isn’t ‘significantly better’, if any better at all

Secondly, he’s missed so few games it is a small sample size

Skuse injured... on 21:43 - Oct 31 with 4037 viewsMullet

Skuse injured... on 21:39 - Oct 31 by blueislander

Yes. It was only one match, and Reading were awful, but it was the style that we played, passing it out from the back and retaining possession thar was so refreshing. Everyone bangs on about the huge contribution of Skuse and Chambers, but they have both been pretty poor recently, and , as our senior players must bear a lot of the responsibity for our currnet predicament.

This was the same style that saw us get done late on by relegation threatened Forest and mauled by Villa no?

Hardly a sample that proves your point.

I don't even know where to begin with this notion that this season rests on those two more than the numerous factors on and off the field, or the fact they barely had the same partner or shape around them game to game.

To single them out like that is bizarre and not mention say Bart or even Hurst etc.

Skuse injured... on 21:46 - Oct 31 with 4020 viewsblueislander

Skuse injured... on 21:43 - Oct 31 by Mullet

This was the same style that saw us get done late on by relegation threatened Forest and mauled by Villa no?

I don't even know where to begin with this notion that this season rests on those two more than the numerous factors on and off the field, or the fact they barely had the same partner or shape around them game to game.

To single them out like that is bizarre and not mention say Bart or even Hurst etc.

I didn't say they were solely to blame, but they have played in most of the matches.
Skuse injured... on 21:53 - Oct 31 with 3967 viewsStNeotsBlue

Skuse injured... on 21:43 - Oct 31 by Mullet

The Forest game was last minute stuff and the Villa game turned on a red card. I like Skuse and he is clearly one of the main men off the pitch but at the minute we desperately need a midfielder to pass and move rather than pass and hold.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024