Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece 01:48 - Nov 10 with 1531 viewsRyorry

Danny Boyle at his finest. Anyone been watching? Drama of the year so far for me.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-10-22/trust-bbc2-danny-boyle-john-paul-g

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 08:24 - Nov 10 with 1473 viewsMoeGreen

Fully agree, totally absorbing
'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 08:46 - Nov 10 with 1461 viewsNo9

Started a bit slow but has become very watchable
'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 09:04 - Nov 10 with 1447 viewsBent_double

I gave up on it after about 4 episodes - very unlike me, I usually see things through, but it was just moving soooo sloooowly.

So worth going back to then?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 09:12 - Nov 10 with 1445 viewsNo9

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 09:04 - Nov 10 by Bent_double

I gave up on it after about 4 episodes - very unlike me, I usually see things through, but it was just moving soooo sloooowly.

It will probably be better watching the boxed set
'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 09:49 - Nov 10 with 1428 viewsfactual_blue

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 09:12 - Nov 10 by No9

It will probably be better watching the boxed set

Yeah - we watched it through as a box set.

Good series - the way the final episode was done I thought particularly good. The Getty family didn't come out of it well.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 10:52 - Nov 10 with 1398 viewsRyorry

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 09:49 - Nov 10 by factual_blue

Yeah - we watched it through as a box set.

Good series - the way the final episode was done I thought particularly good. The Getty family didn't come out of it well.

Haven't seen the final ep yet, watching as it's broadcast, so no spoilers please until at least after the repeat at 00.45 next Sat. morning! Tho I must admit, after ep 8 I couldn't wait any longer & did google to find out the real life outcome!

Only now realised that when I was a kid, our family home was only a few miles away from the mansion. Never heard or read a thing about the Gettys, even in local rag 'The Surrey Advertiser'.

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 10:55 - Nov 10 with 1396 viewsRyorry

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 09:04 - Nov 10 by Bent_double

Definitely.

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 10:57 - Nov 10 with 1394 viewsfactual_blue

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 10:52 - Nov 10 by Ryorry

Haven't seen the final ep yet, watching as it's broadcast, so no spoilers please until at least after the repeat at 00.45 next Sat. morning! Tho I must admit, after ep 8 I couldn't wait any longer & did google to find out the real life outcome!

Only now realised that when I was a kid, our family home was only a few miles away from the mansion. Never heard or read a thing about the Gettys, even in local rag 'The Surrey Advertiser'.

I would imagine Getty made it very clear to the local paper how many stories about him he expected to see.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 11:38 - Nov 10 with 1366 viewsvilanovablue

I enjoyed it but thought the film all the money in the world on the same topic was better.
'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 11:51 - Nov 10 with 1347 viewsRyorry

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 11:38 - Nov 10 by vilanovablue

I enjoyed it but thought the film all the money in the world on the same topic was better.

Interesting, might make a point of watching that. What made the BBC2 series so watchable for me tho was the extremely sharp, witty direction and editing - left you wanting more, hence each ep was usually 15 mins or so short of an hour. Also the exceptional casting and acting - Donald Sutherland as PG Snr, the actors playing little Paul, his Mum Gail, and Getty's private agent Chace were inspired, very personable - hadn't seen the last 3 in anything else before.

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 11:52 - Nov 10 with 1346 viewsRyorry

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 10:57 - Nov 10 by factual_blue

I would imagine Getty made it very clear to the local paper how many stories about him he expected to see.

Haha, good point!

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 12:35 - Nov 10 with 1325 viewsvilanovablue

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 11:51 - Nov 10 by Ryorry

Interesting, might make a point of watching that. What made the BBC2 series so watchable for me tho was the extremely sharp, witty direction and editing - left you wanting more, hence each ep was usually 15 mins or so short of an hour. Also the exceptional casting and acting - Donald Sutherland as PG Snr, the actors playing little Paul, his Mum Gail, and Getty's private agent Chace were inspired, very personable - hadn't seen the last 3 in anything else before.

I thought the only issue with the TV series was it was overlong, but that's just my opinion though. Trust did look great.
'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 12:48 - Nov 10 with 1312 viewsRyorry

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 12:35 - Nov 10 by vilanovablue

I thought the only issue with the TV series was it was overlong, but that's just my opinion though. Trust did look great.

They certainly knew how to draw it out in terms of number of episodes didn't they?! Agree in that sense - they could have cut it down to 8, rather than the 10 it is, but I've been enjoying it so much I don't mind at all - in fact I'll really miss waiting on tenterhooks for the next week's fix when it finally does finish!

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 13:31 - Nov 10 with 1292 viewsvilanovablue

'Trust' - BBC2 - absolute masterpiece on 12:48 - Nov 10 by Ryorry

They certainly knew how to draw it out in terms of number of episodes didn't they?! Agree in that sense - they could have cut it down to 8, rather than the 10 it is, but I've been enjoying it so much I don't mind at all - in fact I'll really miss waiting on tenterhooks for the next week's fix when it finally does finish!

I have to say we binged on it but there is something about watching weekly. As has been said earlier the Getty's are a messed up family...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024