Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a game. 20:43 - Nov 10 with 4534 viewshampstead_blue

ME will have learned a lot from MM, PH, and now he is getting an idea of what it's like to have a proper manager.

If he backs PL in Jan and then again next summer I'm looking at the play-offs no doubt.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 20:47 - Nov 10 with 3871 viewsunstableblue

For all ME's awful footballing appointments he seems to have fallen onto by far his most talented manager.. just a shame Lambert has inherited such a weak squad.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What a game. on 20:56 - Nov 10 with 3805 viewsjas0999

If he backs PL in January. A very big IF.
Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 22:02 - Nov 10 with 3680 viewsLeoMuff

Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 20:47 - Nov 10 by unstableblue

For all ME's awful footballing appointments he seems to have fallen onto by far his most talented manager.. just a shame Lambert has inherited such a weak squad.

Whoa there, PL is 2 games in we have no idea how good he will be, plenty were saying very nice things about Hurst after 2 games.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 22:05 - Nov 10 with 3671 viewsWD19

Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 22:02 - Nov 10 by LeoMuff

Whoa there, PL is 2 games in we have no idea how good he will be, plenty were saying very nice things about Hurst after 2 games.

No they weren't. 'Plenty' were trying to see the positives.

Lambert is a different class. You can see it in every detail of his work.
What a game. on 01:08 - Nov 11 with 3536 viewspatrickswell

MM was a proper football manager and the only one to have built a halfway competitive team under Evans. He failed to back him in each of the seasons that we were top 2/top 6 in January and will invariably fudge it if Lambert presents a list of names this January.
Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 07:11 - Nov 11 with 3446 viewsLeoMuff

Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 22:05 - Nov 10 by WD19

They certainly were bigging up Hurst, you are talking like Lambert been here for years, every detail of his work ?? he has been here what 2 weeks !

There are promising signs but let’s not go overboard completly yet.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

What a game. on 08:42 - Nov 11 with 3325 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Play offs in which league next season, Championship or L1? The table doesn’t look good at the moment, 2 wins needed just to catch up to the rest and difficult games to come.
Evans needs to back PL with funds in January but the worrying thing is we could be 4 wins away from everyone by then, and is anyone going to want to come to us in that state?
PH’s ability to destroy this club in just 5 months could last years if we go down, but I still have confidence in us staying up somehow
What a game. on 08:46 - Nov 11 with 3311 viewspennblue

What a game. on 08:42 - Nov 11 by backwiththeboysagain

Play offs in which league next season, Championship or L1? The table doesn’t look good at the moment, 2 wins needed just to catch up to the rest and difficult games to come.
Evans needs to back PL with funds in January but the worrying thing is we could be 4 wins away from everyone by then, and is anyone going to want to come to us in that state?
PH’s ability to destroy this club in just 5 months could last years if we go down, but I still have confidence in us staying up somehow

This is NOT all PH's fault. Evans has not provided the necessary funds for us to be competitive in this league, and sooner or later, this was going to become apparent.

MM just papered up the cracks, and was happy to be Evan's fall guy as he was getting paid a tidy wage.

PH very quickly realised what was going on, and the problems at the club and was not going to sit there in front of the press, and take all the blame himself. There was clear inference in PH's pressers to the fact that there were 'other issues' at the club. AKA - a chronic lack of investment.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

What a game. on 08:49 - Nov 11 with 3302 viewsHerbivore

What a game. on 08:46 - Nov 11 by pennblue

This is NOT all PH's fault. Evans has not provided the necessary funds for us to be competitive in this league, and sooner or later, this was going to become apparent.

MM just papered up the cracks, and was happy to be Evan's fall guy as he was getting paid a tidy wage.

PH very quickly realised what was going on, and the problems at the club and was not going to sit there in front of the press, and take all the blame himself. There was clear inference in PH's pressers to the fact that there were 'other issues' at the club. AKA - a chronic lack of investment.

Hurst was a disaster, let's not try to shift blame away from him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 09:01 - Nov 11 with 3271 viewsSuperfrans

Plenty are trying to see the positives now too,

Fact is, we’ve drawn two games against two poor teams. Not saying Lambert won’t prove to be a very good manager for us, but it’s premature to say that’s the case yet.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

What a game. on 09:08 - Nov 11 with 3226 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

PH and Doig were a disaster, destroyed the morale of the team, alienated players and thought the Championship would no different to L1. Add that he had no Plan B, and looked devoid of all ideas during a match he’s the worst manager this club has ever had.
He had an attitude when he came here that our players weren’t good enough and bought cr@p from the lower leagues, some of which is shipped out in Jan
lollers on 09:11 - Nov 11 with 3217 viewsDyland

You're right, it's not ALL PH's fault. His staff have to take some of the blame too. But PH brought them with him, so right back at his door I'm afraid.

Of course there are other factors at play but there's no avoiding the fact that whether or not PH was or will be a success elsewhere he royally fooked it up at ITFC.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What a game. on 09:27 - Nov 11 with 3165 viewspennblue

What a game. on 08:49 - Nov 11 by Herbivore

I agree, he was a disaster, the team is unbalanced between experience / quality.

But Evan's is just as much to blame as PH. If had an extra £5 million to spend, we would not be in this situation either as no doubt PH would have gone for some experience /proven quality. Waghorn had a great season with us, and if he saw the club was going places, would have stayed I am sure of it.

Credit to Evans in that he acted quickly, but the proof really is in the pudding on what he does in January.

But it certainly is not ALL PH's fault.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 09:31 - Nov 11 with 3149 viewsWD19

Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 07:11 - Nov 11 by LeoMuff

They certainly were bigging up Hurst, you are talking like Lambert been here for years, every detail of his work ?? he has been here what 2 weeks !

There are promising signs but let’s not go overboard completly yet.

I am happy to go overboard. You can see it in the little details....no stone left unturned and all of it made to took effortless. We are very lucky to have him.
What a game. on 09:33 - Nov 11 with 3136 viewsHerbivore

What a game. on 09:27 - Nov 11 by pennblue

I agree, he was a disaster, the team is unbalanced between experience / quality.

But Evan's is just as much to blame as PH. If had an extra £5 million to spend, we would not be in this situation either as no doubt PH would have gone for some experience /proven quality. Waghorn had a great season with us, and if he saw the club was going places, would have stayed I am sure of it.

Credit to Evans in that he acted quickly, but the proof really is in the pudding on what he does in January.

He was given £5m and spaffed it on players who, thus far, don't look good enough. There is literally nothing to suggest that he'd have done any better with another £5m to spend. He was given more in one transfer window than Mick was in 6 years by way of comparison. His transfer business was poor, just as was every other aspect of his management. ME is at fault for appointing him without seeming to have done his due diligence, he's not at fault for the backing he gave him once he was here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What a game. on 09:36 - Nov 11 with 3128 viewstractorboy1978

He'd have gone for experience? Would he? He seemed hell bent on trying to prove he could be successful here with a team of lower league players that could all run 12km each a game. He could have signed some experience and nous with the money he had available, he spent more than Mick ever did on transfer fees.

And Hurst was keen for Waghorn to go as he wanted the money to 'strengthen' the squad.

He was a complete disaster, the worst manager the club has ever had and likely will ever have.
What a game. on 10:38 - Nov 11 with 3071 viewshampstead_blue

"PH very quickly realised what was going on, and the problems at the club and was not going to sit there in front of the press, and take all the blame himself."

I think what PH realised is that he was out of his depth. Walking into a settled, experienced team and cracking club and trying to change everything was stupid at best.

PL has already shown us how to embrace and build the club.
I don't blame ME, we have a stable club and don't yo-yo around.
He didn't back MM enough.

Watching yesterdays game was the closest to the days of Magic and Holland.

A 'bombing forward' midfielder and focal point up top and we will be flying.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

What a game. on 10:47 - Nov 11 with 3043 viewschristiand

What a game. on 08:49 - Nov 11 by Herbivore

Very true, but lets not shift blame away form ME either because the last decade hasn't been that spectacular either and he's been the constant during that time!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 10:51 - Nov 11 with 3025 viewsPositivelyPortman

Yes they were - probably you were too.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

What a game. on 10:52 - Nov 11 with 3025 viewsbrogansnose

So when Little Roy had his interview he didn't ask about transfer pot ect. ? Its no secret in football how Evans runs the club and his financial policy but he still took the gig on. He also did everything to counter Evans outline policy that he made in his filmed interview.

Anything else Little Roy said was cover for his own ineptitude when the writing was on the wall. Face it, the bloke was absolute cack in every possible way.
Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 10:54 - Nov 11 with 3015 viewsWD19

Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 10:51 - Nov 11 by PositivelyPortman

Yes they were - probably you were too.

Unfortunately I wobbled at Barnet and was done by Exeter.

Everyone wanted it to be OK, but I think you will find few examples of anyone definitely saying they were going to be. It was all hope rather than expectation.
Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 10:58 - Nov 11 with 3004 viewsbrogansnose

Abs-a-bloody-lutely on 10:54 - Nov 11 by WD19

Unfortunately I wobbled at Barnet and was done by Exeter.

Everyone wanted it to be OK, but I think you will find few examples of anyone definitely saying they were going to be. It was all hope rather than expectation.

the downgrading of the squad set bells off but Exeter did it for me, not the football but the comments after the game which were atrocious.

Then he got worse in all respects and then some more.
What a game. on 11:05 - Nov 11 with 3000 viewsTerry_Nutkins

He will have learnt MM is an outstanding manager at this level. Builds great team togetherness and will overperform time and again. His Style isn't pretty though so if unlucky with injuries and not given additional funds he has a finite appeal.

He learnt with PH that it is a massive step up and a big gamble taking a guy working his way up. That said it was a gamble most were prepared to go with but you can't overhaul an entire squad especially with no experience in the division. Man management badly lacking.

With PH he will have learnt so far, as with Mick just how important squad unity and respect is. Also how genuine quality, planning and systems are crucial at this level and beyond.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

What a game. on 11:12 - Nov 11 with 2977 viewsBrixtonBlue

I agree. A bit more wonga from ME would've secured Tilt. Not saying one player would've made all the difference but it's an example of part of the problem.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What a game. on 11:23 - Nov 11 with 2951 viewsronnyd

What a game. on 09:33 - Nov 11 by Herbivore

He was given £5m and spaffed it on players who, thus far, don't look good enough. There is literally nothing to suggest that he'd have done any better with another £5m to spend. He was given more in one transfer window than Mick was in 6 years by way of comparison. His transfer business was poor, just as was every other aspect of his management. ME is at fault for appointing him without seeming to have done his due diligence, he's not at fault for the backing he gave him once he was here.

Totally agree with that, there is no guarantee that Hurst would have bought any better with an extra 5 million at his disposal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024