Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players who were never abused by fans 22:19 - Nov 19 with 1911 viewssolemio

but could well have been:

Bontcho - really not that good but we all loved him, partly because "I happy".
Players who were never abused by fans on 22:24 - Nov 19 with 1898 viewsbluelagos

We loved him cos he had the best song ever. Or so it seemed at the time :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Players who were never abused by fans on 05:10 - Nov 20 with 1801 viewsIllinoisblue

and who could forget his fist pumping after his hat-trick v Grimsby in the cup. Marvelous.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Players who were never abused by fans on 09:21 - Nov 20 with 1688 viewssolemio

I'll never forget after he had left us and came on as a sub for Luton at Kenilworth Road.
Their fans were literally open-mouthed at the rapturous reception we gave Bontcho, including his song of course.
Players who were never abused by fans on 09:49 - Nov 20 with 1655 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Players who were never abused by fans on 09:50 - Nov 20 with 1651 viewsHerbivore

You're on dodgy ground here, fella.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Players who were never abused by fans on 09:51 - Nov 20 with 1651 viewsWeWereZombies

Never saw any criticism levelled at Alan Hunter, imagine what would have happened if you had and he heard it...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Players who were never abused by fans on 11:12 - Nov 20 with 1591 viewssolemio

Players who were never abused by fans on 09:51 - Nov 20 by WeWereZombies

Never saw any criticism levelled at Alan Hunter, imagine what would have happened if you had and he heard it...

I certainly wouldn't have dared to criticise 6' 2" Eyes of Blue if he was within half a mile of me.

Mind you there really wasn't that much to criticise. And nobody put the ball over the Portman Stand (as it was then) as far or as frequently as Big Al.

We had some fairly useful CBs in that era. Beat, Al, Butch and Russ - not at all bad. Some good players like John Peddelty couldn't get a game.

PS And Dale Roberts
[Post edited 21 Nov 2018 22:38]
Players who were never abused by fans on 14:34 - Nov 20 with 1510 viewsFrimleyBlue

Counago

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Players who were never abused by fans on 15:02 - Nov 20 with 1486 viewsDarth_Koont

Players who were never abused by fans on 14:34 - Nov 20 by FrimleyBlue

Counago

Tend to agree.

Fantastic player on his day but it was often more the idea of what he could do rather then what he actually did. And he was often completely absent if the ball couldn't be played to feet - unlike Didzy who would still do a job off the ball or drop deep and pick it up. That coupled with Pablo's crippling salary (not his fault but all part of the package) meant he could easily have ended up on the wrong end of stuff.

But I think the Championship still felt fresh back then and for many he was a symbol of hope that we'd get back sooner or later.

Pronouns: He/Him

on 15:09 - Nov 20 with 1468 views_

Players who were never abused by fans on 15:09 - Nov 20 with 1465 viewscaught-in-limbo

I don't really like the negative vibes associated with abusing one of our own players. I think we should find a way of communicating to the player that he's a bit of a liability, but still have fun and remain positive at the same time.

Perhaps we could sing the circus theme song this ( 0:11 - 0:42 ) instead of dishing the abuse.

[Post edited 20 Nov 2018 15:12]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024