Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From Hurst to Lambert 00:44 - Nov 24 with 3768 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Regardless of what happens, Paul Hurst has absolutely destroyed us, the fault lies at his door & his door alone.
If we do go down, I pray Lambert stays, if he keeps us up, give him a medal, statue, knighthood & anything else.

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

From Hurst to Lambert on 04:42 - Nov 24 with 3668 viewsharlingblue

Paul Hurst thought that he could compete in The Championship with his trusted Division 1 and noted Division 2 players, presumably not knowing that main Town players were to be sold. He had no chance. Paul Lambert takes the helm, a breath of fresh air, but Town floundering at the bottom of the league. We have a top Manager now, can he save us from the drop?
From Hurst to Lambert on 07:02 - Nov 24 with 3532 viewsCurrie10

Correct
From Hurst to Lambert on 08:22 - Nov 24 with 3394 viewsSwansea_Blue

Correct. And what’s worse is that ME let him. No checks and balances at all. We’re completely at the mercy of whichever manager comes in, so that means when we get a Keane or a PJ or a Hurst they’re able to cause their carnage unchecked. It could take 2-3 windows to recover from last summer’s transfer activity.

Ho hum.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

From Hurst to Lambert on 11:12 - Nov 24 with 3218 viewsLord_Lucan

From Hurst to Lambert on 08:22 - Nov 24 by Swansea_Blue

Correct. And what’s worse is that ME let him. No checks and balances at all. We’re completely at the mercy of whichever manager comes in, so that means when we get a Keane or a PJ or a Hurst they’re able to cause their carnage unchecked. It could take 2-3 windows to recover from last summer’s transfer activity.

Ho hum.

Whoah!

The majority of this board wanted Hurst (I exclude myself in this). Everyone was banging on about bringing a young fresh manager in from the lower leagues - and young fresh players from the lower leagues.

Some people have no memory.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

From Hurst to Lambert on 12:06 - Nov 24 with 3124 viewsBlue_Moses

The players need to take some responsibility as well, definitely missing 100% effort in some of Hurst's games. Whether that was because of Hurst's management is another question.
From Hurst to Lambert on 12:09 - Nov 24 with 3118 viewskizaitfc

other than his fault alone i agree.

there are many factors in the demise of this club which I think all managers have had a large part to play in

But it starts from the top MEs underfunding has left the club stale, PH tried to do something a bit different which at the time the fans were crying out for.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

From Hurst to Lambert on 12:19 - Nov 24 with 3095 viewsHennikerBlu

From Hurst to Lambert on 11:12 - Nov 24 by Lord_Lucan

Whoah!

The majority of this board wanted Hurst (I exclude myself in this). Everyone was banging on about bringing a young fresh manager in from the lower leagues - and young fresh players from the lower leagues.

I agree, my own views at the time were the way the club is set up it needs a, proven at this level, experienced manager. At our club, it is a fairly isolated role in relation to the chairman and it needs someone that has good contacts in the game to get the right signings and loanees (within our low budget). I remember you and I posted positive views when Schteve was mentioned as a 'candidate that should be considered', as for me he meets this criteria, though he was pretty much dismissed out of hand.

Sadly, as much as I would love a young manager to come in and be a version of SBR, I think money has so skewed the game, which makes this very difficult to achieve, unless you chuck huge sums at it and get some quality scouts and recruiters onboard.

PL if mentioned in the summer would certainly of been a candidate of interest to me, but there is no way he would have been accepted by the majority of fans at that time.

As for PH, it is an interesting one, up until the Swansea game, the fans were broadly 50/50, possibly more in favour, but the club even seemed to turn against PH after that win, as I find it hard to believe that PH asked for Hogg's first team involvement. Then in the following games the players seemed to be going through the motions, almost as if they had accepted or knew it was over.

PH's recruitment was poor, but the awful handover and end of season really did not help matters. Plus his late arrival, with hindsight, ME should have ruled him out for this reason. PH really did himself few favours early on, with his robustness towards 'all men being equal' and his handling of some of the established pros.

Still, I hope he learns a lot from this experience, to achieve what he has in the lower leagues is no mean feat and we should not completely rubbish the man in spite of the mess we are in. ITFC is all about class and hopefully our poor form is only temporary.
From Hurst to Lambert on 12:25 - Nov 24 with 3070 viewspatrickswell

From Hurst to Lambert on 12:19 - Nov 24 by HennikerBlu

I agree, my own views at the time were the way the club is set up it needs a, proven at this level, experienced manager. At our club, it is a fairly isolated role in relation to the chairman and it needs someone that has good contacts in the game to get the right signings and loanees (within our low budget). I remember you and I posted positive views when Schteve was mentioned as a 'candidate that should be considered', as for me he meets this criteria, though he was pretty much dismissed out of hand.

Sadly, as much as I would love a young manager to come in and be a version of SBR, I think money has so skewed the game, which makes this very difficult to achieve, unless you chuck huge sums at it and get some quality scouts and recruiters onboard.

PL if mentioned in the summer would certainly of been a candidate of interest to me, but there is no way he would have been accepted by the majority of fans at that time.

As for PH, it is an interesting one, up until the Swansea game, the fans were broadly 50/50, possibly more in favour, but the club even seemed to turn against PH after that win, as I find it hard to believe that PH asked for Hogg's first team involvement. Then in the following games the players seemed to be going through the motions, almost as if they had accepted or knew it was over.

PH's recruitment was poor, but the awful handover and end of season really did not help matters. Plus his late arrival, with hindsight, ME should have ruled him out for this reason. PH really did himself few favours early on, with his robustness towards 'all men being equal' and his handling of some of the established pros.

Still, I hope he learns a lot from this experience, to achieve what he has in the lower leagues is no mean feat and we should not completely rubbish the man in spite of the mess we are in. ITFC is all about class and hopefully our poor form is only temporary.

Hurst deserves every bit of bile and abuse he gets.
Login to get fewer ads

From Hurst to Lambert on 14:08 - Nov 24 with 2941 viewsLord_Lucan

From Hurst to Lambert on 12:25 - Nov 24 by patrickswell

Hurst deserves every bit of bile and abuse he gets.

I think that's a bit strong, I don't think anyone really deserves bile and abuse.

We are all only human.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

From Hurst to Lambert on 14:12 - Nov 24 with 2931 viewsSpruceMoose

From Hurst to Lambert on 14:08 - Nov 24 by Lord_Lucan

I think that's a bit strong, I don't think anyone really deserves bile and abuse.

We are all only human.

Indeed. It's not like he's Fred West...

He fooked up. Let's not get the flaming pitchforks out just yet.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

From Hurst to Lambert on 14:12 - Nov 24 with 2933 viewsTrequartista

From Hurst to Lambert on 11:12 - Nov 24 by Lord_Lucan

Whoah!

Spot on. Pure revisionism.

As soon as he exits, Hurst is suddenly the devil. Lambert's reputation on here was pretty mixed, but as soon as he is appointed suddenly he is the messiah. It's so black and white.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

From Hurst to Lambert on 14:23 - Nov 24 with 2878 viewspatrickswell

From Hurst to Lambert on 14:12 - Nov 24 by Trequartista

Spot on. Pure revisionism.

As soon as he exits, Hurst is suddenly the devil. Lambert's reputation on here was pretty mixed, but as soon as he is appointed suddenly he is the messiah. It's so black and white.

I think the reason for this is that what Hurst, Keane and Jewell served upin their reigns was black and white in terms of results. No win one/draw one/lose One sequences for these guys - just massive winless runs, lengthy losing runs or accepting a four or five goal defeat every couple of games as the new normal. Apart from Mick they all delivered footballing crises in terms of what they achieved here. They never allowed themselves breathing space or time for nuance because our form under most of Evans’s managers has been absolutely terrible.
From Hurst to Lambert on 14:26 - Nov 24 with 2866 viewsTrequartista

From Hurst to Lambert on 14:23 - Nov 24 by patrickswell

I think the reason for this is that what Hurst, Keane and Jewell served upin their reigns was black and white in terms of results. No win one/draw one/lose One sequences for these guys - just massive winless runs, lengthy losing runs or accepting a four or five goal defeat every couple of games as the new normal. Apart from Mick they all delivered footballing crises in terms of what they achieved here. They never allowed themselves breathing space or time for nuance because our form under most of Evans’s managers has been absolutely terrible.

Jewell is a perfect example of what i am saying. In his first season and a half here, Jewell saved us from relegation and won as many games as he lost. It is the dreadful start to 2012/13 that changes his legacy from "average" to "abysmal".

From Hurst to Lambert on 14:27 - Nov 24 with 2859 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Those fans who wanted a 'young, hungry manager from lower leagues' need to take a look at themselves as does Evans. Pay peanuts get monkeys, to appoint a manager with zero championship experience let alone premier league was always a recipe for disaster.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

on 14:28 - Nov 24 with 2852 views_

From Hurst to Lambert on 14:33 - Nov 24 with 2841 viewspatrickswell

From Hurst to Lambert on 14:26 - Nov 24 by Trequartista

Jewell is a perfect example of what i am saying. In his first season and a half here, Jewell saved us from relegation and won as many games as he lost. It is the dreadful start to 2012/13 that changes his legacy from "average" to "abysmal".

Sure, but he was always under pressure after things that had happened earlier in his time here - the 5-1 loss to Norwich, but more especially the terrible losing runs in 2011/12 coupled with the Southampton/Peterborough thrashing. Once that started to play out over the start of the season alongside his packing the first XI with loans and making changes in every game, he was done for. As was Hurst, because we and Evans had seen that movie before.
From Hurst to Lambert on 14:38 - Nov 24 with 2821 viewsTrequartista

From Hurst to Lambert on 14:33 - Nov 24 by patrickswell

Sure, but he was always under pressure after things that had happened earlier in his time here - the 5-1 loss to Norwich, but more especially the terrible losing runs in 2011/12 coupled with the Southampton/Peterborough thrashing. Once that started to play out over the start of the season alongside his packing the first XI with loans and making changes in every game, he was done for. As was Hurst, because we and Evans had seen that movie before.

But for every losing run, there was also a winning run, otherwise they wouldn't have ended up equal before 2012/13. For the 1-5 to Norwich there was a 5-1 v West Ham. For the 1-7 at Peterborough (with 9 men of course) there was 6-0 at Doncaster. People only ever mention the hidings.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024