Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? 14:39 - Nov 21 with 4938 viewsFixed_It

Cards on the table - you can't come on here at some point in the future claiming you were never convinced if you don't say so now...

Personally - I am totally sold.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 14:43 - Nov 21 with 3854 viewsSpruceMoose

There will come a day, where it all goes wrong, or he runs out of steam. Nobody manages forever.

When that day comes, I will claim I always had my reservations about him.

Until then, I'm a fan.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 14:45 - Nov 21 with 3848 viewsitfcjoe

I think he is definitely the right man, seems best manager Evans has appointed - and if he can out-do what mick did here then we are in for a fun few years

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 14:46 - Nov 21 with 3840 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Completely supportive, had reservations before his first game, had never seen his teams play before really. But really positive of everything i have seen since day 1.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 14:46 - Nov 21 with 3839 viewschristiand

Me too, although I wasn't initially inspired by his appointment. However what he says, the things he has done so far off the pitch and the way he he has the same squad of players performing - he's our best chance of getting out of this mess. If we don't and are facing relegation come April or May, if I was ME, I'd be giving him a long term contract so PL can be the vocal point of building a successful club again and not one that is content on stagnating in the Championship!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 14:51 - Nov 21 with 3831 viewsclive_baker

I'm as sold in the sense that he's a proper football manager, and he's exactly what we need given where we are at the moment. I still think there's a very realistic possibility that we'll go down this season, but it won't be Lambert's fault if / when that does happen. He's 100% the right man for the job and compared to his predecessor it's like chalk & cheese. The damage Paul Hurst did to this club is scary in such a short space of time.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 14:54 - Nov 21 with 3814 viewsKieran_Knows

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 14:51 - Nov 21 by clive_baker

I'm as sold in the sense that he's a proper football manager, and he's exactly what we need given where we are at the moment. I still think there's a very realistic possibility that we'll go down this season, but it won't be Lambert's fault if / when that does happen. He's 100% the right man for the job and compared to his predecessor it's like chalk & cheese. The damage Paul Hurst did to this club is scary in such a short space of time.

Your last sentence is bang on. It goes above and beyond anything Keane or Jewell ever did here (not starting a new debate as we had one the other week), some of the stuff that was said at the time, and since by posters on here (and now players) is somewhat baffling.

With regards to Lambert, I'm completely sold on him. I genuinely really worry about relegation, but then I hear Lambert talk and I just think he'll keep us up with ease.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 14:56 - Nov 21 with 3800 viewsFrimleyBlue

100000000000000000000000000% love Lambert

Best town manager since Royle,

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 15:08 - Nov 21 with 3771 viewshomer_123

As good a job as Hurst is doing of setting the right path for us (and I think he most definitely is), the fact remains, we need a win and soon.

For all the good he's doing, without a win, it's somewhat moot - you can see that whilst the lads are playing better, confidence is still low, very low and the longer we go without the harder it becomes.

In the very short term, I don't see us beating WBA but maybe Brizzle.

What might have been had been appointed in the summer? With a budget to work with? That said, I'm not sure he was considered enough of a departure from Mick, at the time, hence wasn't on our radar.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

on 15:22 - Nov 21 with 3732 views_

There's still a valid argument in..... on 15:27 - Nov 21 with 3714 viewsBloots

....that "he talks a good game".

He's made all the right noises so far and he should be applauded for that.

But we need to start winning or it's a case of "all talk, no trousers" frankly.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 15:28 - Nov 21 with 3706 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:31 - Nov 21 with 3601 viewsjjblue84

How many games has he won so far to earn all this respect?
Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:32 - Nov 21 with 3596 viewsHerbivore

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 14:56 - Nov 21 by FrimleyBlue

100000000000000000000000000% love Lambert

Best town manager since Royle,

After two draws? Blimey.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:36 - Nov 21 with 3581 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:32 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

After two draws? Blimey.

Yep.

To do what he has done at and for the club so far is incredible. Results will follow

Waka waka eh eh

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:39 - Nov 21 with 3573 viewsHerbivore

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:36 - Nov 21 by FrimleyBlue

Yep.

To do what he has done at and for the club so far is incredible. Results will follow

I hope the last part of your post is correct. As for the rest of your view, I respectfully disagree. I think he's the right man for the job and he's making all the right noises, but I need to see more than 2 points from 2 games against fellow strugglers before I declare him the messiah. He has my full support but he's been here 5 minutes. Talk of him being our best manager since Royle at this stage is bonkers quite frankly.

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:44 - Nov 21 with 3562 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:39 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

I hope the last part of your post is correct. As for the rest of your view, I respectfully disagree. I think he's the right man for the job and he's making all the right noises, but I need to see more than 2 points from 2 games against fellow strugglers before I declare him the messiah. He has my full support but he's been here 5 minutes. Talk of him being our best manager since Royle at this stage is bonkers quite frankly.

I respectfully appreciate its a big call. It's just something I feel. I always felt with Mick it was about him. Under Hurst he was just out of his depth. Keane and Jewell don't need to say much lol.

I may be wrong. It'll be unfortunate. But my gut tells me he is going to do something great with us.

Waka waka eh eh

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:49 - Nov 21 with 3552 viewsconnorscontract

None whatsoever.

Which isn't the same thing as saying he will definitely save us from relegation. But I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have let all our senior most prolific goalscorers leave in the same window, I believe he wants to play good football and that he can bring on any of our undoubtedly talented youths who show the desire, willingness to learn and work ethic to become established First teamers.
Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:49 - Nov 21 with 3548 viewsHerbivore

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:44 - Nov 21 by FrimleyBlue

I respectfully appreciate its a big call. It's just something I feel. I always felt with Mick it was about him. Under Hurst he was just out of his depth. Keane and Jewell don't need to say much lol.

I may be wrong. It'll be unfortunate. But my gut tells me he is going to do something great with us.

I hope you're right.

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:51 - Nov 21 with 3541 viewsFixed_It

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:31 - Nov 21 by jjblue84

Open your eyes. Open your ears. And rejoice when the results start to follow.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 17:07 - Nov 21 with 3511 viewsSomethingBlue

I just wish both parties had been placed to join forces in the summer because we would be in a very different situation in the league.

If he keeps us up - I think he will but it is a bitterly hard few months ahead - then the couple of years after that could be very interesting. I rate him that highly. It is just absolutely *vital* we stay up.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 17:12 - Nov 21 with 3502 viewsSomethingBlue

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:31 - Nov 21 by jjblue84

Shouldn't respect be a baseline?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 17:15 - Nov 21 with 3489 viewslowhouseblue

not having doubts involves certainty, and certainty is seldom a good place to be. but I think he's a good appointment and everything he has done to date has been positive. and we're going to win on friday.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 17:47 - Nov 21 with 3438 viewsjjblue84

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 16:51 - Nov 21 by Fixed_It

Open your eyes. Open your ears. And rejoice when the results start to follow.

Is that a song??
Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 17:53 - Nov 21 with 3424 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jury’s out for me still. He’s talking a good game supported by a barrage of feel good PR. But still all to be proven.

But cards on the table? Gut feeling, I think we’re in a much stronger place and he’ll do well. I was much cooler about Hurst in the summer.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 19:33 - Nov 21 with 3342 viewsHerbivore

Is there anyone who still has any doubts about PL? on 17:07 - Nov 21 by SomethingBlue

I just wish both parties had been placed to join forces in the summer because we would be in a very different situation in the league.

If he keeps us up - I think he will but it is a bitterly hard few months ahead - then the couple of years after that could be very interesting. I rate him that highly. It is just absolutely *vital* we stay up.

I do wonder if the fan base would have been as accepting of him in the summer. He'd just been relegated with Stoke and we were almost all calling for a young, up and coming manager.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024