Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning 07:26 - Nov 29 with 7164 viewsDubtractor

Until last night I genuinely thought we would just scrape out of this mess, but I think we are fooked now.

This squad of players just isn't remotely good enough is it?

Appreciate that's not the most amazing observation ever, but it really is as simple as that.

Arse.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 07:30 - Nov 29 with 5372 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I feel the same. We need to start picking up points.

Poll: Best Football Song

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 07:33 - Nov 29 with 5352 viewssouthnorfolkblue

That’s how I feel tbh.

A game against opposition in terrible form....taking the lead twice...if we can’t win that one, what chance have we got.

Nothing personal against either, but get shot of Pennington and Chalobah in January and let’s play our own players to prepare for life in league 1 next season.

Poll: Our final position

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 07:38 - Nov 29 with 5334 viewsBrettenhamBlue

My son asked me last night if he could switch to Norwich (my two nephews have already made that switch).

Never been so down about our squad or the club. What hope have we got of keeping young fans?

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Not quite there yet Dubbers on 07:51 - Nov 29 with 5274 viewsDyland

There's still hope.

Skuse looked world class at times. Unfortunately when he gets forward our defence starts to creak, and the back line is poor when we look to press and play forward. Spence especially is a liability.

We need to grind out some points, even draws, by playing ugly until January. It will require luck to stay within touch of the others ad it's not all in or hands, but three or six points off five teams going into January would still give us half a season to play for.

Last night was at least a fairly entertaining game, and the blow in the guts is thinking what we would do with a McGoldrick and Waghorn in that setup with Lambert. It would be Roylesque, with scores like 5 -3 to Town regularly. Not saying we'll get that quality in Jan, but you get the point.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Not quite there yet Dubbers on 07:59 - Nov 29 with 5211 viewscarlisleaway

Not quite there yet Dubbers on 07:51 - Nov 29 by Dyland

There's still hope.

Skuse looked world class at times. Unfortunately when he gets forward our defence starts to creak, and the back line is poor when we look to press and play forward. Spence especially is a liability.

We need to grind out some points, even draws, by playing ugly until January. It will require luck to stay within touch of the others ad it's not all in or hands, but three or six points off five teams going into January would still give us half a season to play for.

Last night was at least a fairly entertaining game, and the blow in the guts is thinking what we would do with a McGoldrick and Waghorn in that setup with Lambert. It would be Roylesque, with scores like 5 -3 to Town regularly. Not saying we'll get that quality in Jan, but you get the point.

So annoyed last night and had trouble sleeping, going to Forest but expect the worst
Not quite there yet Dubbers on 08:04 - Nov 29 with 5193 viewsSteve_M

There's still hope.

I think it hurts because we had done enough to win for nearly an hour and then totally capitulated in ten minutes. The first and second goals are even worse than they appeared at the time from the other end but, having regained the lead, a sensible five minutes would probably have been enough to win.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 08:27 - Nov 29 with 5115 viewshoppy

Look at it this way, if we survive, then we can get building the PL statue straight away, as the outline planning approval we got for one when surviving under Mick should still be valid, shouldn’t it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 08:34 - Nov 29 with 5086 viewsconnorscontract

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 07:38 - Nov 29 by BrettenhamBlue

My son asked me last night if he could switch to Norwich (my two nephews have already made that switch).

Never been so down about our squad or the club. What hope have we got of keeping young fans?

Ouch, that's a punch in the nuts.

Try and compromise. Offer him a second team from Europe. I "let" my younger son have Barcelona when he was wobbly on Town. Got him the shirt. Took him to the ground and museum when on holiday one year, then for a match a couple of years later.

He's still with Town now, as an 18 year old, although admittedly has spent much of the last 3 years saying how sh1t we are.

Alternatively, if he won't buy that, how about Liverpool or Spurs? It shouldn't really be encouraged, but anybody but the cousin cuddlers, surely?
Login to get fewer ads

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 08:36 - Nov 29 with 5073 viewsKieran_Knows

As Stuart Watson said last night, it could've been 'lift off' for the PL era had we won.

But we f*cked it, and I genuinely have no idea how he turns this around. Reported £10m budget in January? He'd need at least double that to turn this shower of sh*te around.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 08:43 - Nov 29 with 5020 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 07:38 - Nov 29 by BrettenhamBlue

Bathroom and bar of soap come to mind!
Something about character building maybe?.......worth a shot!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 08:43 - Nov 29 with 5029 viewsSonOfSpock

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 08:36 - Nov 29 by Kieran_Knows

As Stuart Watson said last night, it could've been 'lift off' for the PL era had we won.

But we f*cked it, and I genuinely have no idea how he turns this around. Reported £10m budget in January? He'd need at least double that to turn this shower of sh*te around.

Sadly, i cant see PL turning things around.

Who in their right mind would want to sign permanently for us in January to play within a relegation dogfight (I say dogfight, but at this rate the dog may as well be put down).

If we're lucky we may get a couple of Prem loans looking to put themselves in the shop window for the summer, but we may as well start building for next season.
Not quite there yet Dubbers on 08:45 - Nov 29 with 5018 viewsBackToRussia

There's still hope.

"There's still hope....Skuse"

Shoot me now.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 08:56 - Nov 29 with 4974 viewsBerlinBlue

It doesn't look good at the moment, and just look at December's run of fixtures. Might well be a defining month.
The one positive is Paul Lambert.
I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 09:16 - Nov 29 with 4882 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed.

That 10-minute spell where our entire defence collectively and individually imploded left me shell-shocked — and now for the first time I definitely think relegation is the most likely outcome.

That's despite the fact that I think we overall played well and made Bristol look average. But if we're going to crumble effectively because a player like Diedhiou comes on and plays with physicality, composure and quality then we've got no chance.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hmmm on 09:18 - Nov 29 with 4872 viewsDyland

Not quite there yet Dubbers on 08:45 - Nov 29 by BackToRussia

"There's still hope....Skuse"

Shoot me now.

I meant hope that if we get reinforcements in January and are still in touch, there are still a lot of points to play for. We're not buried yet.

Yeh, the Skuse call out was a bit irrelevant here tbh. Just thought he was generally outstanding on the ball last night, with some very good mid and long range passing.

Indeed on 09:19 - Nov 29 with 4864 viewsDyland

Not quite there yet Dubbers on 08:04 - Nov 29 by Steve_M

I think it hurts because we had done enough to win for nearly an hour and then totally capitulated in ten minutes. The first and second goals are even worse than they appeared at the time from the other end but, having regained the lead, a sensible five minutes would probably have been enough to win.

It was actually a bit upsetting and made me consider not watching any more games for a while. Pathetic really :)

same on 09:20 - Nov 29 with 4856 viewsDyland

Not quite there yet Dubbers on 07:59 - Nov 29 by carlisleaway

So annoyed last night and had trouble sleeping, going to Forest but expect the worst

Except I'm not going to Forest ;)

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 09:21 - Nov 29 with 4841 viewsSwansea_Blue

Without wanting to be critical and personal, the level of denial on here lately has been ridiculous. It's fairly obvious we're in trouble and will need a major turn around to even stand a chance of escaping, let alone stay up comfortable as some people have been saying.

I'm bemused that it's taken until last night for people to see that.

We've got L1 written all over us as things stand. January shouldn't give anyone reason to be hopeful if we take our previous transfer windows into consideration.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 09:22 - Nov 29 with 4824 viewsGlasgowBlue

The only consolation is that the teams around us aren’t picking up points. If that trend continues we could go into the last month of the season in this position and still pull off an escape act.

But you are right. The team just isn’t good enough. Bart, who would have been worth a point again with sone of his saves, is having a mare of a season, the defence is giving away goals, the midfield lacks creativity and the only goal threat is coming from Sears, who we know isn’t consistent enough over a full season.

I doubt this team would smash league 1, for those who think that relegation would be a blessing. If we go down I see us doing a Coventry rather than a Forest or Southampton.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Indeed on 09:24 - Nov 29 with 4813 viewsflimflam

Indeed on 09:19 - Nov 29 by Dyland

It was actually a bit upsetting and made me consider not watching any more games for a while. Pathetic really :)

I had serious thoughts last night about why I am putting myself through this and had thoughts of keeping away for a while but I wont.

That 10 minutes just sucked away all glimmer of hope I had but an unlikely win Saturday and everything will change again.

Funny Old Game.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 09:25 - Nov 29 with 4806 viewsDyland

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 09:21 - Nov 29 by Swansea_Blue

Without wanting to be critical and personal, the level of denial on here lately has been ridiculous. It's fairly obvious we're in trouble and will need a major turn around to even stand a chance of escaping, let alone stay up comfortable as some people have been saying.

We've got L1 written all over us as things stand. January shouldn't give anyone reason to be hopeful if we take our previous transfer windows into consideration.

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 09:29 - Nov 29 with 4785 viewstractorboy1978

Your second sentence is very simple but the nail on the head. We have far too much inconsistency within the squad - I guess that does come with young players and players trying to step up. Edwards being the prime example, the Paul Jewell phrase of 'world beater to panel beater' springs to mind.

The area of real concern for me (other than up top, clearly) is full back. Spence and Knudsen, two experienced players have looked truly awful defensively. I've never been an enormous fan of either but this season they've made far too many errors.
I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 09:33 - Nov 29 with 4755 viewsOsborneOneNil

Having a similar issue, but never Norwich. My 6 & 10 year old lads were both in tears last night. Asking why we can’t win etc.

We’re Dorset based, wouldn’t be surprised if they drift off to become Bournemouth fans, or follow Spurs, their Grandads team.

Depressing stuff.
I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 09:33 - Nov 29 with 4752 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm feeling proper miserable about itfc this morning on 09:21 - Nov 29 by Swansea_Blue

To be fair, it became apparent that Hurst's signings weren't good enough overall over the first half-dozen games. Then it became apparent that Hurst wasn't a good enough manager overall either. By then we were looking for a replacement manager.

Now Lambert has come in we've definitely been a lot better, had more of the ball and threatened in most of his games but we're seeing that the quality is still missing to turn those performances into wins. From Lambert's 4 games, barring the West Brom game where we didn't deserve anything , we could have had 6-9 points fairly comfortably.

But there's a fatal lack of collective and individual quality (skill, composure, mental and physical strength) in the squad when it matters. So we need a few high-quality players dotted around the team and also probably need to fluke a run of results to start rebuilding confidence too. All of which looks impossible to achieve at this point in time.

Pronouns: He/Him

Indeed on 09:35 - Nov 29 with 4728 viewsitfcjoe

Indeed on 09:24 - Nov 29 by flimflam

I had serious thoughts last night about why I am putting myself through this and had thoughts of keeping away for a while but I wont.

That 10 minutes just sucked away all glimmer of hope I had but an unlikely win Saturday and everything will change again.

Funny Old Game.

I sat in my seat for a good 5-10 minutes after the final whistle yesterday, I couldn't face talking to anyone

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024