Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The blame for our current state must lay with ME 15:36 - Dec 1 with 4158 viewsWorcester

I liked Magic. He just needed more time and cash.
He then brings in a man who tore the soul out of the club sold off the family jewels for a handful of beans and ballsed everything up.
Next, PJ. Oh dear lord have our defence ever looked so bad. 20th August 2011 was my 40th birthday and I spent it on trains travelling to and from a 7-1 hammering.
Then He brings in a really good and experienced guy....and starves him of cash.
Next, this farrago. I am going to say I told you so as I want to vent my spleen. I was derided in the summer for pointing out we sold our good players and replaced them with lower league ones.
Now we have a guy who has a pedigree, yes, but is simply not equipped for a relegation battle.

Soon we will have fans saying "Oh well at least next year we will bounce back". No. We won't. In my opinion we are going to make the demise of coventry look like a ticker tape parade.

Rant over

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:38 - Dec 1 with 4135 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Idve been very interested to see how Magic would have done with the money that was given to Keane.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:39 - Dec 1 with 4119 viewspointofblue

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:38 - Dec 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Idve been very interested to see how Magic would have done with the money that was given to Keane.

Magic spent £2.5m on David Norris.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:40 - Dec 1 with 4104 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:39 - Dec 1 by pointofblue

I can think of far worse signings.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:42 - Dec 1 with 4066 viewspointofblue

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:40 - Dec 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

I can think of far worse signings.

He was not worth £2.5m. Not considering how much £2.5m was ‘worth’ in those days.

Ironically Magilton may be someone who’d be good for us now. He worked well with a tight budget; he only felt the heat when the money came in.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:43 - Dec 1 with 4037 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:42 - Dec 1 by pointofblue

He was not worth £2.5m. Not considering how much £2.5m was ‘worth’ in those days.

Ironically Magilton may be someone who’d be good for us now. He worked well with a tight budget; he only felt the heat when the money came in.

Good old Cleggy, he was quite the negotiator.

I raise you Tamas Priskin.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 15:44]

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:48 - Dec 1 with 3993 viewsITFC_Cotton

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:43 - Dec 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good old Cleggy, he was quite the negotiator.

I raise you Tamas Priskin.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 15:44]

I'd like to chime in with Lee Martin.
The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:51 - Dec 1 with 3964 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:48 - Dec 1 by ITFC_Cotton

I'd like to chime in with Lee Martin.

Oooh, nice move. Well played.

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 16:30 - Dec 1 with 3874 viewsNo9

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:38 - Dec 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Looking at what he did after he left Town should provide some clues?
Login to get fewer ads

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 16:42 - Dec 1 with 3828 viewsEly_Blue

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:42 - Dec 1 by pointofblue

Same as Burley regarding money

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 16:56 - Dec 1 with 3791 viewsBlueBadger

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 15:39 - Dec 1 by pointofblue

Keane spent that on Lee Martin.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 17:34 - Dec 1 with 3705 viewsOxford_Blue

That’s hindsight talking.

Evans appointed a young ambitious manager from the lower leagues who was supposed to play attractive football. It was what the fans wanted.

It worked out badly and has caused our current crisis. If Evans was wrong then so were the fans.

We wouldn’t have been relegated with MM in charge. He was the man Evans appointed but the fans wanted out.
The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 17:57 - Dec 1 with 3666 viewswarkthisway

Agreed I have defended him in the past, but massive stupid incomprehensible decisions such as telling MM his contract wouldn't be renewed at the end of the season- thus undermining the whole set up and not having a replacement lined up- and of course not spending when we were pushing for automatic in 2017.

bentnkuqi

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 17:59 - Dec 1 with 3658 viewsOxford_Blue

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 17:57 - Dec 1 by warkthisway

Agreed I have defended him in the past, but massive stupid incomprehensible decisions such as telling MM his contract wouldn't be renewed at the end of the season- thus undermining the whole set up and not having a replacement lined up- and of course not spending when we were pushing for automatic in 2017.

The fans or many of them wanted MM out. They backed Hurst being appointed.
The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 18:02 - Dec 1 with 3641 viewswarkthisway

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 17:59 - Dec 1 by Oxford_Blue

The fans or many of them wanted MM out. They backed Hurst being appointed.

it was right to get MM out but not tell the guy he would be sacked at the end of the season in January

bentnkuqi

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 18:31 - Dec 1 with 3588 viewsOxford_Blue

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 18:02 - Dec 1 by warkthisway

it was right to get MM out but not tell the guy he would be sacked at the end of the season in January

What difference does that make to our current position whatsoever?
The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 18:40 - Dec 1 with 3568 viewsMelford

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 17:34 - Dec 1 by Oxford_Blue

That’s hindsight talking.

Evans appointed a young ambitious manager from the lower leagues who was supposed to play attractive football. It was what the fans wanted.

It worked out badly and has caused our current crisis. If Evans was wrong then so were the fans.

We wouldn’t have been relegated with MM in charge. He was the man Evans appointed but the fans wanted out.

The current mess is all Hurst's fault. ME did what any good owner would do and back his new man to do as he sees fit with the squad. ME couldn't have foreseen the horrorshow that was about to unfold any more than any of us could. There was nobody slating ME in the summer.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 18:50 - Dec 2 with 3420 viewschristiand

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 18:40 - Dec 1 by Melford

The current mess is all Hurst's fault. ME did what any good owner would do and back his new man to do as he sees fit with the squad. ME couldn't have foreseen the horrorshow that was about to unfold any more than any of us could. There was nobody slating ME in the summer.

How is it backing your manager when he has had to generate his own money by selling the team’s best players and the owner gives him a percentage to spend? ME,like he has done for a while, does everything on the cheap and finally his actions are coming back to bite him on the ar*e!! He’s the problem and has been for a signifcant period of time now.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 21:30 - Dec 2 with 3327 viewsRob88

I almost entirely agree except for one small adjustment which is I think blame should be shared between ME and the fans who berated Mick out of the door.

We are currently in a very difficult position as a club and I think that our best opportunity of improvement is to be bought out by a billionaire who has more money than sense but the chances of that actually happening are slim to nothing.

I can’t see ME stumping up the transfer and salary budget we need to prosper as he is already servicing our debt and has given previous managers money to no avail so I think her would perceive it as too high a risk.
The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 21:37 - Dec 2 with 3313 viewsjeera

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 18:02 - Dec 1 by warkthisway

Not renewing a contract isn't sacking someone.

People are constantly looking to blame, all the time. One moment it's him, then the manager, then him again.

JM's departure was in no small part fan driven.

Have people really forgotten all the bed sheets already, or does it just suit some of them to pretend it didn't happen?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 06:59 - Dec 3 with 3234 viewsCurrie10

Rubbish re Jim

0708 Jim had us going VERY well without money.

January comes. We desperately need a wide left.

Goes out and signs three cm!!
The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 07:19 - Dec 3 with 3212 viewsCoastalblue

I think January will show us where ME is at now, and I don't think we'll know until then.

If he's learned some lessons, accepted that it's going to take more to compete in terms of finances, and finally but most importantly actually has the finances to be able to do that then maybe we will see some proper investment.

If he's not learned, or can't afford it which is a real possibility then no matter how good Lambert is we're probably fooked for the foreseeable.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 12:11 - Dec 3 with 3147 viewsNo9

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 07:19 - Dec 3 by Coastalblue

I think January will show us where ME is at now, and I don't think we'll know until then.

If he's learned some lessons, accepted that it's going to take more to compete in terms of finances, and finally but most importantly actually has the finances to be able to do that then maybe we will see some proper investment.

If he's not learned, or can't afford it which is a real possibility then no matter how good Lambert is we're probably fooked for the foreseeable.

Two interesting things=
1/ Has PL determined what he needs
2/ Will the Owner enable those needs
The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 13:01 - Dec 3 with 3103 viewsCoastalblue

The blame for our current state must lay with ME on 12:11 - Dec 3 by No9

Two interesting things=
1/ Has PL determined what he needs
2/ Will the Owner enable those needs

I can't see Lambert was desperate for the job, I expect it appealed on some levels but not exactly his dream role so you would have thought that they would have had conversations to this end prior to the appointment.

I guess what we don't know is whether Lambert is here for a project or to firefight first and then see what happens after.

He's talking like it's a project but you'd expect nothing else.

I hope that they sat down and had realistic discussions at the start and both know what to expect of the other.

Yeah I know, I'm probably deluded.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024